Negatives
The Short passes still kill this defense
Tackling was shit
Offensive Line got dominated
Hill Fumbled again
AJ dropped an easy catch which led to a pick 6
Andy threw a terrible interception to Eifert
Gio hasn't been effective
Sanu and Jones are not being used at all.
Even if the throw would have been better the read was terrible.  Way to much coverage in that window. Two wrongs on that play by Dalton.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Positives: Carter, Kroft, and Shaw.

Negatives: Peko don't have it, whole teams energy level in primetime is puzzling, Bodine seems to be declining.

Did you guys see Dunlap pour water on the back of Andy while he was giving the live sideline interview? That tells you all you need to know about his leadership.....someone try that shit with Brady or Rivers and watch somebody get kicked in the throat!!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you insinuating that our o-line is ineffective because they don't think their lousy play upsets Dalton enough to play better?  As in if Dalton yells then they all say "Oh geez, well if you're going to get mean about it I guess I HAD better stop getting blown up at the line of scrimmage!"

Ummmm.....yeah.....pretty much....... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was positive that Eifert took a helmet to his bad elbow and wasn't DOA but it was negative that a guy who was UNCOVERABLE only caught 1 pass for 7 yards.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:24 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Positives: Carter, Kroft, and Shaw.

Negatives: Peko don't have it, whole teams energy level in primetime is puzzling, Bodine seems to be declining.

Did you guys see Dunlap pour water on the back of Andy while he was giving the live sideline interview? That tells you all you need to know about his leadership.....someone try that shit with Brady or Rivers and watch somebody get kicked in the throat!!

Trying to explain that he was always a leader but now is a leader while that was going on... all the while the sideline reporter laughing at Andy...  not with Andy.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:24 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Did you guys see Dunlap pour water on the back of Andy while he was giving the live sideline interview? That tells you all you need to know about his leadership.....someone try that shit with Brady or Rivers and watch somebody get kicked in the throat!!

What? Did that happen?

Oh man...That's sad as shit.

You're right. That tells you everything about his leadership/what his team thinks of him.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:24 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Even if the throw would have been better the read was terrible.  Way to much coverage in that window. Two wrongs on that play by Dalton.

The read was Tebow Like. Hill was wide open and could have easily gotten him the ball for a first down.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:24 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Positives: Carter, Kroft, and Shaw.

I think that is more indicative of Marvin's lack of accountability or a grip on things when they are getting thoroughly embarrassed but still yucking it up on the sidelines.  Then again, Marvin got embarrassed in prime-time by the Steelers last year and was immediately cracking jokes about Johnny Fartball being a midget.

So we are a franchise that doesn't mind having fun and giggling after looking like bums on national TV.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
What's sad is that I haven't been as embarrassed with this team in pre-season(because you know... it's pre-season)since Palmer and his busted nose.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:29 AM)J24 Wrote: The read was Tebow Like. Hill was wide open and could have easily gotten him the ball for a first down.

Eifert was in the middle of good coverage with the safety over top closing in.  Just an awful read.

Pretty sure he would have thrown it to him no matter what the coverage was or what was given elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:32 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What's sad is that I haven't been as embarrassed with this team in pre-season(because you know... it's pre-season)since Palmer and his busted nose.

Again, it's only preseason but almost all the errors we saw were just rehashings of things we have seen during real games.  Additionally, I want to say that experts and fans alike keep wondering if we are going to win our lose our playoff game this year and I want to again point out that we have 16 regular season games to deal with before the post-season even starts.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, it's only preseason but almost all the errors we saw were just rehashings of things we have seen during real games.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, it's only preseason but almost all the errors we saw were just rehashings of things we have seen during real games.  Additionally, I want to say that experts and fans alike keep wondering if we are going to win our lose our playoff game this year and I want to again point out that we have 16 regular season games to deal with before the post-season even starts.

You are correct.  It's still a long road and no guarantees for sure.

The sad thing is we've seen stuff like what happened in this game in a playoff game !
Reply/Quote
As some people have noted, I'm worried about how we use Gio going forward. It's extremely obvious that he's going to be more of a receiving threat, and teams have caught on. Since late last season, they knew he was coming in for those swing passes or screens and it lead to him getting lit up at times. Hue needs to mix things up a little to use him in different ways so the defense stays honest. We know what he can do in open space.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is pretty simple. After the loss to us last year, the Bucs came out wanting to embarrass us. We let them do it. I didn't even get to watch the game, but from everything I've read that was a blessing.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Looked very vanilla. I hope the defense has a few more tricks up its sleeve, cuz if that is it, it is going to be a long season.

As for the offense, what more could you ask for when it comes to meltdowns. They showed it all in typical Bengal fashion. It was upsetting. But who can you blame? Every star player was making mistakes. Sick

It didn't take long for me to have a few too many during this game Shocked

No injuries tho? The lack of injuries while watching the game was a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We played prime time last week

That game was not televised nationwide
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:40 AM)Rattler Wrote: Decline every opportunity to play in prime time slots - we have always sucked and probably always will in those games.

Just say no!

Scheduling Committee gets together to put the season together for all 32 teams.

Committee Member 1: "OK guys, we have got to get this schedule together. First off, are there any requests from any team?"

Committee Member 2: "Yes, Pittsburgh called and wants as many games as possible where they and their opponent are the only game on"

Committee Member 1: "OK, we'll give them 6 Prime Time games again this year"

Committee Member 3: "I got a request from the Patriots, they want to play as many games where they can get the cheat...err, Tom Brady's face on tv as much as possible. They want to be mostly seen on the East Coast and they want an easy schedule...more or less the same request as last year."

Committee Member 1: "They always have the easiest schedule, the Patriots and Colts both have the easiest. Look at their Divisions...ok, we'll see what we can do."

Committee Member 2: "The Bengals just called, they want all their games played on Sunday at either 1pm or 4pm Eastern...oh and you can hear Dalton in the background asking that if they make the Playoffs if the Bengals could play their game when there's an important Bowl Game on."

Committee Member 1: "Yeah right, I hate the Bengals...let's see, let's give them a few Prime Time games, let's let them open and close the season both on the road and let's give them the toughest schedule ever played by a third place team, lol. Oh, and I got a call from the NFL Office saying that the Bengals should never be allowed to win a Playoff game and that we will never let Anderson into the HoF and that even though he deserves one, Paul Brown will never get A Football Life"

Committe Member 2: "Why not give the fans of the Bengals a little hope?"

Committee Member 1: "Look, we need a team or two in L.A., we want the Bengals to move out of that small ass market and start making the NFL more money...duh"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:48 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Looked very vanilla. I hope the defense has a few more tricks up its sleeve, cuz if that is it, it is going to be a long season.

As for the offense, what more could you ask for when it comes to meltdowns. They showed it all in typical Bengal fashion. It was upsetting. But who can you blame? Every star player was making mistakes. Sick

It didn't take long for me to have a few too many during this game Shocked

No injuries tho? The lack of injuries while watching the game was a good thing.

It really did make one wonder...  should I be laughing or crying?

I mean you have O-line that looks silly, D backfield that plays like a sieve, D-line who can't beat backups, star WR who can't catch a ball thrown into his hands that turns pick 6, Dalton throws a famous high one for a pick the next series, starting RB who gets first down only to fumble it away, safety... 

It was a comedy of errors for sure.

Really the best thing you could say is "no injuries".

They really put the meaningless into meaningless game. [Image: tongue.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:32 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What's sad is that I haven't been as embarrassed with this team in pre-season(because you know... it's pre-season)since Palmer and his busted nose.

This game had a very similar feeling to that one, didn't it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote