Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game thoughts
I think the Bengals are a good team..not a very good team But you all are talking nonsense..what you saw last night ws meaningless and had no bearing on anything except evaluating sme players that may or may not make this team
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:56 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: I need opinions on Mike Glennon

What's your opinions on Glennon?

Personally, I think he's just as good as Andy. Glennon = Dalton

(Glennon has a bit more upside though)

I'd trade Dalton for Glennon in a heartbeat.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:36 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: The Bucs d-line is better than average. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Their d-line is easily the strongest part of that defense

The Viking starters were able to neutralize them last week. Either Zimmer's scheme is very good or the Bengals prepare very bad.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
A few notes/thoughts...

The Bad:
-Another game under the lights, another horrible showing. When we look bad, we look really BAD. I understand a few bad series, but I cannot understand an entire game.
-The team looked like it wanted to be anywhere else but there last night. I am hoping that they didn't like that they played on Monday and then Saturday, so they really did put too much into this game.
-For as good as AJ Green can be, he makes you want to rip your hair out some times.
-Dalton...wait, I can't criticize him without someone saying that I must therefore hate the Bengals or turning this into a Dalton thread.
-J. Hill - hold on to the ball.
-The O-line was non-existent last night.
-What happened to Bernard? He doesn't seem like a weapon at all anymore.
-Every time that Eifert gets hit, I hold my breath.
-Absolutely no pressure on the QB. I hope it was because we just played so vanilla.
-3rd and 20 and we play 0 coverage??? And we showed our hand, giving Glennon time to audible. Instantly got burnt for a TD.
-This team seems like it has no fight. Who is the heart of this team? Who is the person can light fires under others?
-So much more to list.

The Good:
-No major injuries that I am aware of. Iloka seems ok.
-Dawson looked really good.
-Atkins seems to be back.
-Williams seems like a good find.
-Wilder is a gamer.
-Carter dominated any TE trying to block him.
-The goal line stand was nice.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know what to take away from last night, outside of roster battles at spots. Both sides of the ball weren't good though at least the defense bounced back more than the offense did (1st teams).

I guess what I didnt like the most was just how uninspired they looked overall, even for a glorified scrimmage. It is unacceptable and those of us that have played the game know what I mean.

Also one thing that bothered me a tad little bit was when Dunlap messed with Dalton's interview. I dont mind joking around and all that, but they just played like dogcrap against a 2-14 team last year yet you couldn't tell that by the way the players were talking and acting on the sideline highlighted by that. Granted it didn't matter record-wise, but they just got outplayed and it didnt seem to phase them, or at least a lot of them. Maybe thats a good thing? I dont know, but when my teams would get whooped in a scrimmage, I dont remember being in as good as moods as they were.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:59 AM)Interceptor Wrote: The Viking starters were able to neutralize them last week. Either Zimmer's scheme is very good or the Bengals prepare very bad.

I'd say it's probably some of both.  We know Marvin can't prepare a team very well.  I have to think Zimmer is better at preparing than him.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Disappointed in the focus and execution of the team, but these mental lapses are par for the course. It is the preseason and time to work these kinks out.

Jumping on the worry train is jumping the gun. I recall back to the 2004 preseason where in game 2 the Bengals dominated the Patriots. The Pats even kept their first string defense in the game for pretty much the entire game because they could not get it right. They still lost 31 - 3.

Anyone recall how that season played out for the respective teams?

I would have been satisfied to see the Bengals come out, click, and play well in all 3 phases of the game, but that did not happen. But is it only preseason, and does not tell the story of how the regular season will play out. I have faith the team being much better than what is showed last night, and believe another post season appearance is in the cards.

It was good to see some players out there hungry and really getting after it, even if others were on auto-pilot and just going through the motions.

It is just preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:54 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I honestly don't know what to take away from last night, outside of roster battles at spots. Both sides of the ball weren't good though at least the defense bounced back more than the offense did (1st teams).

I guess what I didnt like the most was just how uninspired they looked overall, even for a glorified scrimmage. It is unacceptable and those of us that have played the game know what I mean.

Also one thing that bothered me a tad little bit was when Dunlap messed with Dalton's interview. I dont mind joking around and all that, but they just played like dogcrap against a 2-14 team last year yet you couldn't tell that by the way the players were talking and acting on the sideline highlighted by that. Granted it didn't matter record-wise, but they just got outplayed and it didnt seem to phase them, or at least a lot of them. Maybe thats a good thing? I dont know, but when my teams would get whooped in a scrimmage, I dont remember being in as good as moods as they were.

Absolutely Millz !

It's a preseason game the final score doesn't matter........but

The O-line play sucked ! A. Dalton did not play well, AJ Green wasn't engaged, our RB's looked uninspired- that probably stems in part from the O-line stinking up the place. The defense took a game off, the list goes on and on. There were perhaps 3 or 4 players who looked like they wanted to play in the first 3 quarters of the game. But the thing that matters above all this is this :

They didn't care, no heart, no emotion, etc. I fully understand it's a preseason game and nobody is going all in. But the lack of inspiration and lack of pride displayed last night on the national stage was dumbfounding !

I could have cared less if they got beat 35 -6 last night if they at least looked like they cared.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Jeremy Hill’s ball security could be an issue

Eifert worries me; Kroft does not

Little makes the team

Hunt showed something

PJ Dawson will be a starter soon

Peko is done

Shaw is a gamer

What are yours?

Our OL was horrid, the worst I have seen them play collectively since 2010
Dalton can't throw into triple coverage.
AJ can't miss simple catches that lead to a pick 6
Hill can't fumble the rock
Gio does not look like Gio and is starting to worry me
Burkhead showed nothing last night
Jones is not back to 100% (mentally and football shape)
Peko struggled while Still showed a little improvement
Geno looked great at times and non existant (2014 Geno) at times
Dunlap needs to finish better
Hunt showed some positive flashes
Where was Clarke last night?
All of our DB's and safeties played like crap, they were very disappointing
Carter continues to make plays and has a shot
Little looks like an NFL WR, Moore does not
AJ McCarron's arm strength was not good and a concern, I saw no zip and long throws were lame ducks
Dawson looked good at times, I would like to see him with the first team
V. Rey and Lamur both looked like crap
Hawk did not impress

It is what it is, just a pre-season game, but the coaching staff had a lot of teaching points from this poor effort. The Bengals looked like a 3 win team versus a 10 or 11 team win. We made a lousy Bucs team look like a Super Bow contender.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our OL was horrid, the worst I have seen them play collectively since 2010
Dalton can't throw into triple coverage.
AJ can't miss simple catches that lead to a pick 6
Hill can't fumble the rock
Gio does not look like Gio and is starting to worry me
Burkhead showed nothing last night
Jones is not back to 100% (mentally and football shape)
Peko struggled while Still showed a little improvement
Geno looked great at times and non existant (2014 Geno) at times
Dunlap needs to finish better
Hunt showed some positive flashes
Where was Clarke last night?
All of our DB's and safeties played like crap, they were very disappointing
Carter continues to make plays and has a shot
Little looks like an NFL WR, Moore does not
AJ McCarron's arm strength was not good and a concern, I saw no zip and long throws were lame ducks
Dawson looked good at times, I would like to see him with the first team
V. Rey and Lamur both looked like crap
Hawk did not impress

It is what it is, just a pre-season game, but the coaching staff had a lot of teaching points from this poor effort. The Bengals looked like a 3 win team versus a 10 or 11 team win. We made a lousy Bucs team look like a Super Bow contender.

Good summation!  It did look like Carter and Dawson were both actually trying to make the team and do what they could.

My biggest concern is in your last paragraph.  I just don't have much faith in the coaching staff taking anything from this game and correcting most of the problems.  I'm sure some will be corrected, but I just don't know if enough of them will be.  I certainly hope so and I guess time will tell.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:54 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I honestly don't know what to take away from last night, outside of roster battles at spots. Both sides of the ball weren't good though at least the defense bounced back more than the offense did (1st teams).

This. Right. Here.

Preseason or not, this is unacceptable.  Hell, if we had practiced like that, we'd have probably been lined up running scumbags at the end......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: This. Right. Here.

Preseason or not, this is unacceptable.  Hell, if we had practiced like that, we'd have probably been lined up running scumbags at the end......

Haha!!!  Same here!!!  But what are scumbags?  lol

We would have been doing up-downs and gassers - starting at 10 yard sprints and back, then increasing 10 yards every time up to 100 yards.  

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:40 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Haha!!!  Same here!!!  But what are scumbags?  lol

We would have been doing up-downs and gassers - starting at 10 yard sprints and back, then increasing 10 yards every time up to 100 yards.  

.....same as gassers, but in five yard increments..... Sick

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....same as gassers, but in five yard increments..... Sick

Ewwww...even worse!!!

Reply/Quote
I'm not getting the Hunt love. He looked mediocre against third string.

The QB goes down and Hunt kneels down next to him like they're going to change a tire?

WTH!?

If you aren't holding a guy on the ground, get on your feet. If the ball had come out, Hunt would've missed it. If the QB hadn't been all the way down (or had been but took off running and the refs didn't call the play dead), Hunt would've missed it.

Other than that, both lines stunk last night. Horribly. We couldn't get to the QB, we couldn't protect our QB.
Reply/Quote
Last night everyone on this team sucked plain and simple. Its 100% the coaches failure to properly motivate a team to play well.

What was funny was Gruden last night. He couldn't believe this was a professional football team with their play. The bucs couldn't even foul their way to a loss i just couldn't stop laughing.

BTW is it me or is Andre Smith the Laziest Fattest SOB in the entire NFL. Jesus I hope this guy is getting docked pay.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm alone in this, but I think we have been playing soft for a reason. This team is scared to get injured.. which is fine.. I'll hold judgement until the real games...

I wouldn't put it past Marvin to tell the guys just not to get hurt over making a play. The defense certainly looked like it was playing careful and not trying to make dangerous tackles.

Offense doesn't have an excuse, but TB has a top5 defensive line. McCoy was embarrassed last week and had something to prove. I think we are reading wayyyy too far into this.
Reply/Quote
BTW my biggest take away from last nights game was that Jon Gruden loves him some Mike Glennon. I'm surprised Glennons pants didn't fly off mid game with how hard Gruden was going in on it.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: BTW is it me or is Andre Smith the Laziest Fattest SOB in the entire NFL.  Jesus I hope this guy is getting docked pay.

Was he playing last night?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Was he playing last night?

exactly 

Reply/Quote