Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game thoughts
(08-25-2015, 12:56 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: I need opinions on Mike Glennon

What's your opinions on Glennon?

Personally, I think he's just as good as Andy. Glennon = Dalton

(Glennon has a bit more upside though)

(08-25-2015, 01:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....I'd say it's a wash....
That's what I think is comical.  I say our O-line looks like garbage so people assume I think Andy is legit.

Just as sack totals supposedly says out O-line is good and well coached yet doesn't translate on screen... so is Andy's numbers for his first 4 seasons and "leading them" to the playoffs Marino... blah blah blah.

It looks good out of context but doesn't mean shit when you watch both fold like a cheap tent.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I've been a Glennon supporter for a few years, and been ridiculed for it. Very good arm, stands tall in pocket, has played on bad teams with decent results. He's not likely a long term answer at QB, but a bridge type of QB that gets the team that picks him up to the future starter they draft in 1-2 seasons. He's also far cheaper than Dalton, with far more arm talent. Doesn't mean he'd be better, but he'd definitely be cheaper. Can't be worse in the Playoffs either.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's fine, but then does the entire o-line turn around and start screaming at Dalton when he throws a bone-headed INT?  Ida know, I just think people really overestimate how effective screaming can be.

Maybe he doesn't throw so many boneheaded picks if they keep people out of the backfield and we get the running game on track.......it's not just a cliche that this game is won and lost in the trenches.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a thread around here that had a link called "Should your team trade for Glennon".

First question was: Did your QB make the pro bowl last year?

If you answered yes the next question was: Is your QB Andy Dalton?

If you answered yes, the questionnaire ended with yes. If you said no, it continued.

HA! really?

That's pretty hilarious
Reply/Quote

I have always liked Glennon but hard to really say much based on a pre season game.

Andy continues to under impress.
Reply/Quote
And AJ needs to get his head out of his arse and catch perfectly thrown hook passes. He does not play like an elite receiver.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:04 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: That would be terrific and would clear up some cap space.

Dont think Tampa would be willing to make that trade though

Tampa isn't signing Andy to back up Winston. Andy would never start in Tampa. But Glennon would likely be available for a 3-4th round pick.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:10 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Maybe he doesn't throw so many boneheaded picks if they keep people out of the backfield and we get the running game on track.......it's not just a cliche that this game is won and lost in the trenches.

Are you insinuating that our o-line is ineffective because they don't think their lousy play upsets Dalton enough to play better?  As in if Dalton yells then they all say "Oh geez, well if you're going to get mean about it I guess I HAD better stop getting blown up at the line of scrimmage!"
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:11 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: And AJ needs to get his head out of his arse and catch perfectly thrown hook passes.  He does not play like an elite receiver.

He's just like many on this team -- INCONSISTENT.  Generally good, but inconsistent.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:11 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: And AJ needs to get his head out of his arse and catch perfectly thrown hook passes.  He does not play like an elite receiver.

Yeah.....and give up a pick six to boot!

Reply/Quote

He does everything almost perfectly except the thing in High School that they tell you not to do.
Don't let the ball bounce off your hands and go up in the air.
And he does screw up his routes occasionally but that just happens, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:10 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Maybe he doesn't throw so many boneheaded picks if they keep people out of the backfield and we get the running game on track.......it's not just a cliche that this game is won and lost in the trenches.

And yet, teams with thoroughly average to below average lines like Pittsburgh win because the QB bails them out. However, I do agree with the need for better line play on both sides of the ball. For what it's worth Peko looks like a straight bum now. His contract makes him obsolete.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:13 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Tampa isn't signing Andy to back up Winston.  Andy would never start in Tampa.  But Glennon would likely be available for a 3-4th round pick.

We should do it, and place AJMc on practice squad.  At least get someone to push him
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:15 AM)EatonFan Wrote: He's just like many on this team -- INCONSISTENT.  Generally good, but inconsistent.

How is it we continually get inconsistent play from all over the field? Unlucky in the draft......or a coaching issue?

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:09 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I've been a Glennon supporter for a few years, and been ridiculed for it.  Very good arm, stands tall in pocket, has played on bad teams with decent results.  He's not likely a long term answer at QB, but a bridge type of QB that gets the team that picks him up to the future starter they draft in 1-2 seasons.  He's also far cheaper than Dalton, with far more arm talent.  Doesn't mean he'd be better, but he'd definitely be cheaper.  Can't be worse in the Playoffs either.

Maybe because you just like his sweet dancing moves?

[Image: th?id=JN.Mn0gQ3XCpJIbL9rdh6eyHQ&pid=15.1...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=JN.7LURd8zqZher2Dm4%2fJsQXA&pid=15...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:16 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And yet, teams with thoroughly average to below average lines like Pittsburgh win because the QB bails them out.  However, I do agree with the need for better line play on both sides of the ball.  For what it's worth Peko looks like a straight bum now.  His contract makes him obsolete.

True dat.  Andy cannot bail us out.  It is what it is
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: How is it we continually get inconsistent play from all over the field? Unlucky in the draft......or a coaching issue?

If it's continually inconsistent wouldn't that make it consistent?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:16 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: And yet, teams with thoroughly average to below average lines like Pittsburgh win because the QB bails them out.  However, I do agree with the need for better line play on both sides of the ball.  For what it's worth Peko looks like a straight bum now.  His contract makes him obsolete.

We got Palmer killed......and when you have an average to slightly above average QB.....you better give him time.

Paul Alexander was stale five or more years ago.....Hayes is a turrible TE coach.....Zampese is a ****ing turd......yeah, Peko.....wtf.....I could go on and on.

Reply/Quote
Positives
Geno looked good out there
Carter looked good out there
Dawson really flashed out there tonight
James Wilder is good

Negatives
The Short passes still kill this defense
Tackling was shit
Offensive Line got dominated
Hill Fumbled again
AJ dropped an easy catch which led to a pick 6
Andy threw a terrible interception to Eifert
Gio hasn't been effective
Sanu and Jones are not being used at all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If it's continually inconsistent wouldn't that make it consistent?

Ha ha ha .....you're right!   It's kinda like two wrongs don't make a right.....but two lefts do.

Reply/Quote