Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tart visiting
(03-15-2024, 11:22 AM)J24 Wrote: If we're being honest here the Bengals should be considering Trading for Derrick Brown from Carolina. Tee for Brown is an ideal trade for both teams.

Agreed, pro bowl NT that they cpuld resign long term to anchor the middle.  Projected extension is affordable too: https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/derrick-brown-contract-projection
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:51 AM)CJD Wrote: Getting a Nose Tackle in the draft is doable, but there are fairly limited options.

T'Vondre Sweat and McKinnley Jackson are the main two. They are projected to go in the 2nd and 4th round, respectively. There's also Kristian Boyd in the 5th to 6th round range who Brett Kollman is very high on, so he'd be a nice lottery pick in day 3, but I wouldn't rely on much from him.

My concern is that everyone in America would know we'd be targeting Sweat in the 2nd round, so you could easily trade in front of us if you want him too. And then, if we miss Sweat, the same thing could happen with Jackson and Boyd.

We'll have to see what we do in these next few days. I just hope they secure Tart.

If the Bengals swung a deal like the Vikings just did, then they could get their OT and NT.

"In the deal, the Vikings acquired the Texans' No. 23 overall pick along with a seventh-round pick (No. 232 overall). The Texans received the Vikings' second-round pick (No. 42), their sixth-round pick (No. 188) and their second-round pick in 2025."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39737620/source-vikings-get-2nd-1st-round-pick-trade-texans
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 11:49 AM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals swung a deal like the Vikings just did, then they could get their OT and NT.

"In the deal, the Vikings acquired the Texans' No. 23 overall pick along with a seventh-round pick (No. 232 overall). The Texans received the Vikings' second-round pick (No. 42), their sixth-round pick (No. 188) and their second-round pick in 2025."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39737620/source-vikings-get-2nd-1st-round-pick-trade-texans

Value wise their 3rd and 2nd add up exactly to SF's 1st depending on the chart.  You get an extra year out of a 1st also.  
Reply/Quote
Watch Teair be on the board asking about better options. Sorry man we love you, sign for a reasonable deal and enjoy the chilli and Jeff Ruby's once in a while.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 11:46 AM)phil413 Wrote: Agreed, pro bowl NT that they cpuld resign long term to anchor the middle.  Projected extension is affordable too: https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/derrick-brown-contract-projection

Love this idea too 100000%
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8q...FzWpO40VVw]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think we are asking a lot of the 6-2 / 302 pound Tart to replace Reader.....

He’s great against the run and has pass rush ability as well. Just isn’t reader in terms of size. Which most humans are not
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:22 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: He’s great against the run and has pass rush ability as well.  Just isn’t reader in terms of size.  Which most humans are not

People are underestimating Tart because he was an UDFA, his not "great" PFF, and because of his "attitude" issues (lets not forget he played for Vrabel and TN which was a trainwreck of a locker room).

I've been reading a lot from Texans and Titans fans and they loved him. FREAK athlete and a VERY good run stopper. Pairing him with Rankins/Hill would be a really good interior. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Just remember PFFs weakest area is their scoring of linemen. And yes keep in mind the entire Titan locker room imploded last season culminating in Vrabel being fired.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People are underestimating Tart because he was an UDFA, his not "great" PFF, and because of his "attitude" issues (lets not forget he played for Vrabel and TN which was a trainwreck of a locker room).

I've been reading a lot from Texans and Titans fans and they loved him. FREAK athlete and a VERY good run stopper. Pairing him with Rankins/Hill would be a really good interior. 

That's very, very good to hear.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 11:22 AM)J24 Wrote: If we're being honest here the Bengals should be considering Trading for Derrick Brown from Carolina. Tee for Brown is an ideal trade for both teams.

Carolina is probably going to extend Derrick Brown and build their DL around him especially after trading Brian Burns.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tart's visit is today. I hope they get him signed and sealed because between him and Becton Tart is more important.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Carolina is probably going to extend Derrick Brown and build their DL around him especially after trading Brian Burns.

Probably but I would still make the offer! 
Higgins for Brown seems like a good deal for both teams. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So what if he's "undersized" at NT? Was he effective there before becoming a FA? Does he have good tape? If his attitude stemmed from not getting paid, possibly feeling overlooked and undervalued, then pay the man accordingly. Sometimes, all a guy needs is better pay and a better work environment to improve his attitude and drive.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:48 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So what if he's "undersized" at NT? Was he effective there before becoming a FA? Does he have good tape? If his attitude stemmed from not getting paid, possibly feeling overlooked and undervalued, then pay the man accordingly. Sometimes, all a guy needs is better pay and a better work environment to improve his attitude and drive.

Plus the environment could hardly get worse than it did last season in TN - remember the locker room disintegrated so badly Vrabel got fired. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People are underestimating Tart because he was an UDFA, his not "great" PFF, and because of his "attitude" issues (lets not forget he played for Vrabel and TN which was a trainwreck of a locker room).

Looks like he makes a splashy TFL every now and then, but in his most productive year he had 34 total tackles.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like he makes a splashy TFL every now and then, but in his most productive year he had 34 total tackles.

NTs don't typically get a lot of tackles.
Reader's highest number of tackles was 43 in 2021. He played 590 defensive reps that season.
Last year, Reader had 34 tackles on 535 reps.

Tart's 2022 was 34 tackles on 519 reps.

Tart I think will/could get around 40 if he gets close to 600 defensive reps.
He's not as far off from Reader in that area as some may think just from quickly looking at stats.
Number of reps matters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Makes me feel much better if we sign Tart. But I like the trading Tee for Derrick Brown idea if it was possible.

When you hear from the fans of the team and they say stuff like that when they had Jeffrey Simmons on the same DL it is encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes me feel much better if we sign Tart. But I like the trading Tee for Derrick Brown idea if it was possible.

When you hear from the fans of the team and they say stuff like that when they had Jeffrey Simmons on the same DL it is encouraging.

Titans fans said Simmons took a step back and couldn't carry the load himself when Tart was gone FWIW. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Titans fans said Simmons took a step back and couldn't carry the load himself when Tart was gone FWIW. 

Makes me feel even better, might be some of the frustrations that boiled over last year. I know Simmons can be an asshole.

Just ask Ted Karras who has gotten into it with him a few times. 

Simmons wanting to go to the stealers tells you all you need to know about the guy. Mellow
Reply/Quote