Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tart visiting
(03-16-2024, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not many options left at RT and it's always risky to force the need to a draft pick, even if it's a 1st rounder and this is a good class.
I'd at least like to have an ok starter-caliber on a 1-year or 2-year contract and draft a RT with high ceiling who could push for that starting gig this year or next.
Also, I want to see some actual NT signed so they aren't also going into the draft basically needing to get T'Vondre Sweat. The NT options outside of Sweat do not give much optimism for above average ability.
If they sign Tart, that helps alleviate the need to a certain extent.

As for what I did like, I liked the additions of Rankins, Stone, Bell, and Gesicki.
The only thing I didn't like about Stone and Bell additions is which of Hill and/or Battle goes to backup?

My prediction is ( if they get a nose ), they will run Hill as a corner this year and eventually replace Mike Hilton.  Battle will be the starting SS and Bell will fill in where needed and in nickel packages.  I would also expect to see both Bell and Hill on blitz packages.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:51 PM)Okeana Wrote: My prediction is ( if they get a nose ), they will run Hill as a corner this year and eventually replace Mike Hilton.  Battle will be the starting SS and Bell will fill in where needed and in nickel packages.  I would also expect to see both Bell and Hill on blitz packages.

So you're thinking they will run with 2 SS, and have Hill to be a 4th, uncommitted CB to just play CF, much like Jesse Bates Jr. did?  Or do you have something different that you were trying to say?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So you're thinking they will run with 2 SS, and have Hill to be a 4th, uncommitted CB to just play CF, much like Jesse Bates Jr. did?  Or do you have something different that you were trying to say?
I think they will try Dax out at Corner, Maybe outside, definitely inside, and eventually replace Mike Hilton who is on the last year of his contract and will turn 31 next year.  Its unclear what safety packages they will run until we know who our starting DT's are.  Battle and Stone will be the starting safeties. 

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think they will try Dax out at Corner, Maybe outside, definitely inside, and eventually replace Mike Hilton who is on the last year of his contract and will turn 31 next year.  Its unclear what safety packages they will run until we know who our starting DT's are.  Battle and Stone will be the starting safeties. 

Where do you have Vonn Bell fitting into this equation?  He's gonna play, who's gonna sit?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bell won't start. Battle (SS) and Stone (FS) are the starters.

Bell & Hill with both come in on heavy dime packages (3 S). I'd imagine you could even see 4 with no LBs sometimes with Bell & Hill in the LB spots. Very obvious passing downs only.

Hill will be groomed to take over for Hilton after this year. Slot corner is his best spot.

We still need: NTx2, RT, WR3, CB4, P, & a two way TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bell won't start. Battle (SS) and Stone (FS) are the starters.

Bell & Hill with both come in on heavy dime packages (3 S). I'd imagine you could even see 4 with no LBs sometimes with Bell & Hill in the LB spots. Very obvious passing downs only.

Hill will be groomed to take over for Hilton after this year. Slot corner is his best spot.

We still need: NTx2, RT, WR3, CB4, P, & a two way TE.

Any news on Tart in here or perhaps on a right tackle. This team getting worse and worse each year in FA
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where do you have Vonn Bell fitting into this equation?  He's gonna play, who's gonna sit?

maybe they play 3 high, maybe they split work.  Either way, bell was never the plan in free agency, he's a luxury to have especially with a long season

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:31 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Any news on Tart in here or perhaps on a right tackle.  This team getting worse and worse each year in FA

Burrow is no longer on his rookie contract (Chase's the next). This was going to happen at some moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: maybe they play 3 high, maybe they split work.  Either way, bell was never the plan in free agency, he's a luxury to have especially with a long season

Yes, Bell was the windfall, he's going to play. How much is to be determined, as he can recognize and call better than anyone on the 2023 roster. Even if in a backup role, his input during film day, and in live action on the sidelines will be a luxury for the young guys that struggled last year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Bell was the windfall, he's going to play. How much is to be determined, as he can recognize and call better than anyone on the 2023 roster. Even if in a backup role, his input during film day, and in live action on the sidelines will be a luxury for the young guys that struggled last year.

Yep, player coach who can sub in, but his value will be in the safety room.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow is no longer on his rookie contract (Chase's the next). This was going to happen at some moment.

No I know that but lemme vent… the money imo is being spent in the wrong places. I like rankins but we need a NT not another BJ hill. We lost chido who taking his spot. Turner not ready Hilton and inside guy hill gonna take over the boundary nooo. Corner is a must have position. Why haven’t be brought in a solid vet like a tradavious white. Why the hell hasn’t tart been sign. Why isn’t Trent brown on his way here not becton. But becton should’ve never left without a 1 year prove it and then still a vet or RT god forbid in the draft. Where are the rumors that the bengals are trying to make a deal for Derrick brown in Carolina. But no we hear of Higgins for Jefferson lmao whyyyyyyyyyyyy. It’s just so dumb sometimes. Also, Imo rankins as much as I like him he don’t love the needle for me. Gesiki maybe moves the needle a bit but not more than hurst two years ago whom we let go and here we are grabbing someone who will give us the same. So we back to where we were two years ago at tight end. No needle move. Geno stone like someone already mentioned before sounds a lot like nicks Scott. Haven’t seen a lot of it but trust me I wanna be wrong there. I love the Vonn bell signing but see my Hayden hurst point. Money being spent but it’s ain’t being done right. We probably gonna miss at OT if we go early only cuz that’s what history with the bengals shows us almost everytime. So unless Trent brown on his way or tradavious white I don’t wanna hear much about nothing else. These are solid players but nothing we were desperate at which makes me think we gonna rely on rookies there which is Dumb Ass
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 05:40 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow is no longer on his rookie contract (Chase's the next). This was going to happen at some moment.

Burrows cap hits aren't even that large right now compared to what they will be. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So is Teair Tart going to sign, or are we still in negotiation?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So is Teair Tart going to sign, or are we still in negotiation?

Sure hope so. And then draft sweat or mckinnley
Reply/Quote
Alas we just don't know what is going on right now, and the FO is really tight lipped so until they want people to know we won't know.

If you look at Free Agency so far in terms of the issues that killed us last season it has been pretty effective. Moss directly speaks to poor pass protection from RB as well as Mixon's inability to make the first defender miss or break the first tackle - we went from the worst YAC starting RB to one in the upper tier for that - advanced stats reveal a lot. Stone and Bell both speak to the single biggest issue on defense - explosive plays caused by defenders out of alignment, bad angles, missing assignments. Our secondary got a big injection of savvy, IQ and leadership. Rankins gives us the 3T pass rush tandem back we've lacked since Ogunjobi left. Even Gesicki fills a gap, namely a mismatch out of the slot. We're basically nervous right now because no NT or RT have been signed yet. I'm sure we will do so - just gotta chill a bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 08:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrows cap hits aren't even that large right now compared to what they will be. 

But if the salary cap go up $25 million a year.His cap hits won't be so bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:01 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: But if the salary cap go up $25 million a year.His cap hits won't be so bad.

That's tunnel vison, as salaries for all of the position players are going up accordingly.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As to the upcoming draft, I suspect regardless of any RT they sign we are taking OT at 18. There should be multiple choices of pro ready tackles there and if we're a little lucky Latham is there (my favored one). I think we go DT in Rd 2 - I know Sweat is the usual choice but I am concerned about his weight control choices so I have been giving someone like Jordan Jefferson more of a look - he is in that 6 ft 320 lb bracket and was noted for tough play in both run and pass. My 3rd rounders are Layden Robinson and then the surprise special....Audric Estime.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 06:08 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: We lost chido who taking his spot.

Maybe with Hill kinda getting the boot at starting FS (expected), he might compete with DJ Reader Turner for taking Chido's starting outside CB spot.
He has the size and speed to stay outside.
Most likely he'll replace after Hilton after this season, but hopefully he'll have a fire lit under him this year if he gets booted out of starting safety.

EDIT - Meant Turner not Reader lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 09:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe with Hill kinda getting the boot at starting FS (expected), he might compete with DJ Reader for taking Chido's starting outside CB spot.
He has the size and speed to stay outside.
Most likely he'll replace after Hilton after this season, but hopefully he'll have a fire lit under him this year if he gets booted out of starting safety.

So with Chido leaving our answer is maybe a player who’s already been demoted and booted from
His original spot within two years and we gonna try him out outside cuz he has the size lmfao. That sounds like a bengals move so it makes sense but that again is why this team is getting worse and not better. That’s dumb. Not saying ur dumb but if that’s what they thinking they dumb as hell
Reply/Quote