Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taste the Mike Florio salt
Oh yes, so salty. 

https://youtu.be/TpH5lFtEIdg

This ***** is literally just making shit up
Reply/Quote
Like Burrow would have had more weapons in Miami. Gimme a break. Florio's originally from Wheeling, WVa and he's a Bear's fan? How did their first round go? Oh that's right. They didn't have a pick in the first round. No wonder his panties are in a wad. He's stuck with Mitch and Nick Foles all year. What would they give us for Ryan Finley? He might be an upgrade for them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals have more 10 win seasons than many teams including the Cowboys since early 2000. They have been to playoffs 7 out of the last 15 years. Bengals lost 8 games last year by one score without Green, Ross, a lot of players. The narrative that the Bengals were a bad team and do not spend money was dispelled this off season. Media pundits really have to struggle to make the argument against Bengals picking Burrow and how he cannot succeed here.

Burrow himself said he like Taylor and was excited to play for him and the team. Florio is sad because his Steelers are the only team in the AFCN without a young upcoming QB.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:18 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals have more 10 win seasons than many teams including the Cowboys since early 2000. They have been to playoffs 7 out of the last 15 years. Bengals lost 8 games last year by one score without Green, Ross, a lot of players. The narrative that the Bengals were a bad team and do not spend money was dispelled this off season. Media pundits really have to struggle to make the argument against Bengals picking Burrow and how he cannot succeed here.

Burrow himself said he like Taylor and was excited to play for him and the team. Florio is sad because his Steelers are the only team in the AFCN without a young upcoming QB.

I always hear about Florio being a a Steelers fan, but he was wearing a Bears shirt? What gives?

Reply/Quote
Burrow is in a better place in Cinci than he would be in Miami. Since Marino they have been a QB graveyard. The Bengals have a better history of QB's with Anderson, Esiason, Blake, Palmer and Dalton in its past. You could argue to put Kitna on that list, since he was so instrumental in our turnaround. But people choose to remember Klingler and Smith over the 5 or 6 other guys who were actually good. Thats because people like the negative side of things more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always hear about Florio being a a Steelers fan, but he was wearing a Bears shirt? What gives?

I've seen him slobbering all over Pukesburgh several times, I dunno whats up with Bears ? He's a bandwagoner for sure. Perhaps he's jumping over there because he's scared Squeelers are on a downturn ?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:12 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Oh yes, so salty. 

https://youtu.be/TpH5lFtEIdg

This ***** is literally just making shit up

Dear Tua--

We did everything in our power not to draft you.  Unfortunately, we are stuck with you.  Welcome to Miami.

Signed--
The Dolphins
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:43 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Florio's originally from Wheeling, WVa and he's a Bear's fan?

(04-24-2020, 05:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I always hear about Florio being a a Steelers fan, but he was wearing a Bears shirt? What gives?

Mike Florio is a Steelers fan; don't let Da Bears swag fool you.  Let me clue Bengaldom in on how Italian-Americans see the NFL and pick favorite teams.  Maybe Truck 101 can do this for Italian-Canadians. 

Italians from New York and New Jersey mostly follow the Giants and consider family members who follow the Jets lesser individuals.  An Italian in New York or New Jersey who likes the Jets probably thinks the Olive Garden serves Italian food.  If you like the Jets you might be from Connecticut.

If you're Italian from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Vermont you blindly follow Da Pats, capisce?  You have a secret man crush on Tedy Bruschi and wonder why his parents forgot the other "d" in his first name. 

If you're Italian from Pennsylvania or West Virginia you're born and die a Steelers fan, period.  You were tucked in for your nap with a Terrible Towel.  My father is a perfect example.  He came over from Italy, grew up in Pittsburgh, and he was one of the most rabid Steelers fans I ever met.  The reason Italians love the Steelers so much can be described with only two words:  Franco Harris.  Franco was half Italian and there wasn't an Italian male in the 1970s who didn't consider Franco their long lost son.  My father would have left me on the steps of a fire station if he could have adopted Franco Harris in exchange.  I only saw my father cry on two occasions: When my brother needed an emergency appendectomy and whenever Franco Harris scored a touchdown.

In Chicago very few Italians like Da Bears and this goes for Cleveland too.  Da Bears and the Browns are considered by Chicago Italians to be teams for Eastern Europeans to cheer for so Italians in Chicago and Cleveland generally like the Giants or the Steelers.  Chicago and Cleveland are populated by lots of former Eastern Europeans so Da Bears and the Browns will always have plenty of fans.

The Dallas Cowboys have zero Italian followers. 

If you're Italian and a priest your teams are either the Saints or the Cardinals.  Okay, that was just a joke.

For an Italian-American or Italian-Canadian to follow the Cincinnati Bengals takes guts.  "Why-ya follow dat tiger team?" I've been asked.  My explanation is Bengals fans are the closest thing you'll find to an Italian family in real life.  Think about this message board:  We yell, we argue, we threaten each other, we talk about food a lot, and we bond over the Bengals but in the end it's a "Cincinnati against the world" mentality we all share. 

This is just like my Italian family!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Florio is a Steelers fan; don't let Da Bears swag fool you.  Let me clue Bengaldom in on how Italian-Americans see the NFL and pick favorite teams.  Maybe Truck 101 can do this for Italian-Canadians. 

Italians from New York and New Jersey mostly follow the Giants and consider family members who follow the Jets lesser individuals.  An Italian in New York or New Jersey who likes the Jets probably thinks the Olive Garden serves Italian food.  If you like the Jets you might be from Connecticut.

If you're Italian from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Vermont you blindly follow Da Pats, capisce?  You have a secret man crush on Tedy Bruschi and wonder why his parents forgot the other "d" in his first name. 

If you're Italian from Pennsylvania or West Virginia you're born and die a Steelers fan, period.  You were tucked in for your nap with a Terrible Towel.  My father is a perfect example.  He came over from Italy, grew up in Pittsburgh, and he was one of the most rabid Steelers fans I ever met.  The reason Italians love the Steelers so much can be described with only two words:  Franco Harris.  Franco was half Italian and there wasn't an Italian male in the 1970s who didn't consider Franco their long lost son.  My father would have left me on the steps of a fire station if he could have adopted Franco Harris in exchange.  I only saw my father cry on two occasions: When my brother needed an emergency appendectomy and whenever Franco Harris scored a touchdown.

In Chicago very few Italians like Da Bears and this goes for Cleveland too.  Da Bears and the Browns are considered by Chicago Italians to be teams for Eastern Europeans to cheer for so Italians in Chicago and Cleveland generally like the Giants or the Steelers.  Chicago and Cleveland are populated by lots of former Eastern Europeans so Da Bears and the Browns will always have plenty of fans.

If you're Italian and a priest your teams are either the Saints or the Cardinals.  Okay, that was just a joke.

For an Italian-American or Italian-Canadian to follow the Cincinnati Bengals takes guts.  "Why-ya follow dat tiger team?" I've been asked.  My explanation is Bengals fans are the closest thing you'll find to an Italian family in real life.  Think about this message board:  We yell, we argue, we threaten each other, we talk about food a lot, and we bond over the Bengals but in the end it's a "Cincinnati against the world" mentality we all share. 

Hit the nail on the friggin' head. TO A T!

If you are Italian in Southern Ontario and you AREN'T a die-hard football fan (though I will admit, the 100+ Italians that I know that ARE Stooler fans, have all become die-hards in their lives, but their knowledge of the sport/other teams is nil), you are:

1. 75% a Stooler fan
2. 20% a Patriots fan (only they aren't die-hard at all and know even less than Stooler fans)
3. 5% take your pick

I was at our fantasy draft 2 years ago, sitting around the table we had 2 Iraqis, 1 Filipino, 1 caker (Anglo), 6 Italians. I was one of the Italians (Bengals), one was an Eagles fan (more of a Desean Jackson fan who adopted the Eagles as his team) and the other 4 were Stooler fans.

All they did all night was boast about how much of a stud Bell was going to be all year (went 1st overall), despite the fact that he had said weeks prior, that he was holding out.

Complete idiots.

FTR, to continue with FIK's post, I know of only 2 Bears fans; one is indeed Italian and the other, Peruvian.

Broncos (and Cowboys, obvs.) get a lot of love up here as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:43 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Like Burrow would have had more weapons in Miami. Gimme a break. Florio's originally from Wheeling, WVa and he's a Bear's fan? How did their first round go? Oh that's right. They didn't have a pick in the first round. No wonder his panties are in a wad. He's stuck with Mitch and Nick Foles all year. What would they give us for Ryan Finley? He might be an upgrade for them.

Florio is a Steelers fan they breed them like that around here. He even went to Central which is a private school alot of former Steelers from the 70's and 80's sent their kids too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If it's any consolation to Florio, he still gets to enjoy 1-2 years of a battered, 400 lb Ben Roethlisberger before the wheels finally come off.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hey Florio: What are you going to say when the Bengals win a playoff game next year? You can't use the tired narrative about "haven't won a playoff game since 1990". You used to say "haven't been to the playoffs", but Palmer and then Dalton destroyed that one. Only matters if you win the last game and they haven't done that yet. But your steelers are done. Your QB is a fat turd. Your coach is a wake and bake thug and his act has been tired long before he tried to trip a guy on the sidelines. The steelers are primed for a dismal ten years. Enjoy it.

BTW, love your mom's basement. Where is your girlfriend? Did she come unplugged and deflate? Douchebag.
Reply/Quote
I'm cracking up hearing the windbags this morning talking about how things went just the way Miami wanted them to and what geniuses they ended up being by staying right where they were. And Brian Flores saying Tua was the right guy for them all along.

The fact that they offered the world to the Bengals for Burrow is now conveniently buried.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:30 AM)McC Wrote: I'm cracking up hearing the windbags this morning talking about how things went just the way Miami wanted them to and what geniuses they ended up being by staying right where they were.  And Brian Flores saying Tua was the right guy for them all along.

The fact that they offered the world to the Bengals for Burrow is now conveniently buried.

Brian Flores is lying out of his pie hole.

Tua Tagovailoa was the biggest stretch at Number Five I've ever seen.  I'm not questioning Tua's talent, his work ethic, or his ability in general -- far from it.  If he had been consistently healthy at Alabama he would have probably gone #1OA but he's not durable.  That's a sad fact of life.  Miami took a huge risk in drafting Tua and I'm not sure the risk is worth it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:40 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:
Brian Flores is lying out of his pie hole.

Tua Tagovailoa was the biggest stretch at Number Five I've ever seen.  I'm not questioning Tua's talent, his work ethic, or his ability in general -- far from it.  If he had been consistently healthy at Alabama he would have probably gone #1OA but he's not durable.  That's a sad fact of life.  Miami took a huge risk in drafting Tua and I'm not sure the risk is worth it. 

Not to mention, the whole world knows he is their consolation prize.

Reply/Quote

Camouflage  
Reply/Quote
His salt Tastes like victory.

This guy can like my grundle
Reply/Quote
Wow.

'So I hear the Bengals we trying to sell the pick for a suitcase full of cash, but the NFL said you can't do that. SO they were forced to just pick someone and that Burrow guy was there. Miami really tried to get creative and feed the greedy Bengals, but it didn't work.'

What a goob.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Florio is a Steelers fan; don't let Da Bears swag fool you.  Let me clue Bengaldom in on how Italian-Americans see the NFL and pick favorite teams.  Maybe Truck 101 can do this for Italian-Canadians. 

My grandpa was an 100% Italian from Chicago, and he definitely liked the Bears.

Me? I was born into this misery...

Reply/Quote

I know that Cowherd and Dameshek are Steeler fans, maybe you're thinking of one of them?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote