Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor / Burrow
at this point, the bengals are a one-dimensional team. and teams like the steelers are going to use this weakness to shots at burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:34 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Again, wow. I don't think there's any coach who wants their QB to get his ass kicked every game. I'm not high on Taylor and it's ridiculous that he makes excuses for the OLine. It also seems crazy that we abandon the run game and had our rookie QB throw the ball 61 times on Thursday considering the issues we're having with pressure.

My fault for thinking what I said would be understood for the issues at hand as opposed to being questioned on if I really believe our HC/OC wants our QB to take a beating. I'll try to spell it out more clearly from now on.
Defensive much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: Defensive much?

Not at all. You were being a smart ass, so I clarified so that "People are strange that way, thinking someone meant to say what they said."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You guys want ZT to win games but you also want him to pound the rock with a running game that is ineffective. Which is it? Lol

Burrow won’t have to throw 50+ times if the running game gets fixed and the defense can keep the game close. Until those things happen, I expect lots of throws, unnecessary hits and ill advised scrambles. There is a chance he gets RG3d, but if you want them to limit his throws, expect a lot more 3 and outs!

Yep

When you're giving up 6.5 yards per carry you're beat 98 X out of 100.
Reply/Quote
In the first game it seemed like Mixon was the flow and it disturbed Burrow until the last drive. We made some major mistakes that CLE game and probably would have come out with a win if Burrow wasn't a rookie.

I can see a trend of BUrrow having to throw a lot if Mixon averages 3YPC. I'd like us to try and go back to Gio but I've seen Mixon seem immature in the past about that happening lol. It might be that Gio can run better in this bad line than Mixon, at least mix it up and scare people that we have a run game. If we put Chubb on our team he'd be playign exactly like Mixon I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:50 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Not at all. You were being a smart ass, so I clarified so that "People are strange that way, thinking someone meant to say what they said."

Come on.  Can you just stop this nonsense?  You made a silly statement, people called you on it.  Own up to it and move on and quit trying to talk your way out of it.  Just accept the fact that anyone will take whatever someone says at face value and stop acting like we shoulda known what you didn't say but actually meant to say.  It's only a big deal because you made it so.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Taylor — letting things go on without change.

I really do think that he's making the most of what he's been given to work with.  He can't just wave a magic wand and have 3 top notch OL appear.  The FO overhauled the defense in FA, though injuries have stolen the thunder of all those fantastic acquisitions..
What if he does it over three mice and also says the phrase "Bibbidy-Bobbidi-Boo"?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:19 PM)McC Wrote: Come on.  Can you just stop this nonsense?  You made a silly statement, people called you on it.  Own up to it and move on and quit trying to talk your way out of it.  Just accept the fact that anyone will take whatever someone says at face value and stop acting like we shoulda known what you didn't say but actually meant to say.  It's only a big deal because you made it so.

If it bothers you so much, why do you keep coming back at me about it. Defensive much?

I responded. I clarified. Then you felt the need to come back at me asking if i was defensive and I explained I was doing what you said to do. Now you're going further. You continue to reply. You continue to quote. You continue to "call me on it".

You play the victim the well.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 07:31 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If it bothers you so much, why do you keep coming back at me about it. Defensive much?

I responded. I clarified. Then you felt the need to come back at me asking if i was defensive and I explained I was doing what you said to do. Now you're going further. You continue to reply. You continue to quote. You continue to "call me on it".

You play the victim the well.

Now you're just getting goofy.  We'll end it here before you embarrass yourself any further.

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile Justin Herbert has 322 and 2TDs against the Chiefs. This is NOT what this organization needs right now...... more doubt about if they chose the wrong QB.....AGAIN. Not from fans, but from the media that will only discourage Burrow further as he takes sack after sack and sees Herbert flourishing.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:08 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Meanwhile Justin Herbert has 322 and 2TDs against the Chiefs. This is NOT what this organization needs right now...... more doubt about if they chose the wrong QB.....AGAIN. Not from fans, but from the media that will only discourage Burrow further as he takes sack after sack and sees Herbert flourishing.

Who in their right mind has watched him play the first two weeks and had even an inkling of doubt?  That's just crazy talk.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: Who in their right mind has watched him play the first two weeks and had even an inkling of doubt?  That's just crazy talk.

Get ready, it’s coming.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:11 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Get ready, it’s coming.

No one in their right mind would have taken Herbert #1OA. The decision was Burrow or Young. Period.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one in their right mind would have taken Herbert #1OA. The decision was Burrow or Young. Period.

Why Didn’t Mahomes go #1? He is obviously the best QB from the 2017 Draft. Evidently A Lot of NFL franchises are not in their right mind, especially the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:32 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Why Didn’t Mahomes go #1? He is obviously the best QB from the 2017 Draft. Evidently A Lot of NFL franchises are not in their right mind, especially the Bears.

So we’re doing a redraft in week 2? Seems sensible.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:11 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Get ready, it’s coming.

Maybe in some bizarro world somewhere.  And even that's unlikely.

See, the take I get from the Chargers being right there with the Chiefs is that maybe the Bolts aren't the big bag of dog shit a bunch of people around here have said they are.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:36 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe in some bizarro world somewhere.  And even that's unlikely.

See, the take I get from the Chargers being right there with the Chiefs is that maybe the Bolts aren't the big bag of dog shit a bunch of people around here have said they are.

That LA defense is legit.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Or is that Callahans job? What does that guy exactly do lol

He's trying to find his stapler.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:08 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Meanwhile Justin Herbert has 322 and 2TDs against the Chiefs. This is NOT what this organization needs right now...... more doubt about if they chose the wrong QB.....AGAIN. Not from fans, but from the media that will only discourage Burrow further as he takes sack after sack and sees Herbert flourishing.

I think most people understand what each QB is working with.

Joe Burrow is playing behind the worst OL in the entire league right now.  He's getting no run support.  His #1 receiver appears to washed up, and he's got below average help at TE.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have over 180 yards on the ground today. They have Keenan Allen and Mike Williams, both of who are better than AJ.  And they've got one of the best receiving backs in the game, and Hunter Henry at Tight End.

The fact of the matter is, Joe Burrow just doesn't have the same talent around him that the Chargers do.

Their defense just gave up 23 points to the Chiefs, with an overtime included.  Our defense forces Burrow to play from behind to the Browns, who went from 6 points in week 1 to 35 points against us.

Not apples to apples...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So we’re doing a redraft in week 2? Seems sensible.

The point is, the media will play it up big time if Herbert outplays Burrow to clown on the Bengals just like they did heading into the draft saying Burrow needs to demand not be taken by them. I think Burrow is way better too, but we don’t need Burrow resenting this franchise for getting him killed every time he drops back to pass. Burrow seems like a confident guy, but I’m willing to bet there is nothing more aggravating than watching a guy, you know you’re better than, getting all the praise just because your ownership refuses to, or can’t, give you what you need to perform. Bottom Line, this organization better fix things quickly to give Joe what he needs to be successful. Ask Carson Palmer.....
Reply/Quote