Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor / Burrow
(09-20-2020, 08:52 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The point is, the media will play it up big time if Herbert outplays Burrow to clown on the Bengals just like they did heading into the draft saying Burrow needs to demand not be taken by them. I think Burrow is way better too, but we don’t need Burrow resenting this franchise for getting him killed every time he drops back to pass. Burrow seems like a confident guy, but I’m willing to bet there is nothing more aggravating than watching a guy, you know your better than, getting all the praise just because your ownership refuses to, or can’t, give you what you need to perform. Bottom Line, this organization better fix things quickly to give Joe what he needs to be successful. Ask Carson Palmer.....

The media has been praising Burrow despite the two loses. Even some of his detractors like Cowherd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The media has been praising Burrow despite the two loses. Even some of his detractors like Cowherd.

He deserves the praise, but what do you think they will say about Herbert for almost out dueling Mahomes.....we’ll see. I’m guessing a Herbert Love-fest this week.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:13 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He deserves the praise, but what do you think they will say about Herbert for almost out dueling Mahomes.....we’ll see. I’m guessing a Herbert Love-fest this week.

Whatever kid played well. And Mahomes was dealing with probably the best pass rush in the league.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:13 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He deserves the praise, but what do you think they will say about Herbert for almost out dueling Mahomes.....we’ll see. I’m guessing a Herbert Love-fest this week.

Who cares?  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The media has been praising Burrow despite the two loses. Even some of his detractors like Cowherd.

Overwhelming praise, from everyone.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Overwhelming praise, from everyone.

Except a few of our own fans...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The media has been praising Burrow despite the two loses. Even some of his detractors like Cowherd.

It is obvious even to Bengal-haters like Colin Cowherd and Mike Florio that Joe Burrow is not in the best situation in the NFL but that’s what happens: The #1OA pick goes to the worst team in the league and that team is the worst team in the league for good reason.

With that said, Joe is playing very well considering he has no offense built around him and the coaches have achieved recto-cranial inversion. It looks like they handed him Andy Dalton’s old playbook with an even worse offensive line. I don’t care how many wins the Bengals get in 2020. I just want Joe to make it through the season alive.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The media has been praising Burrow despite the two loses. Even some of his detractors like Cowherd.

Seems like the off-season narrative from the media was that Burrow would be good but the Bengals would ruin him...so praising him as an individual during this 0-2 start fits their longstanding narrative.

Add in that we are 2 weeks into the Burrow era and we are already throwing the "Just THINK how good Burrow would look if he had" and then mentioning stuff the Browns and Chargers have.  Until this organizational purges every coach but Simmons I can't help but feel like there is going to be a whole boatload of "Joe Burrow looks really good, especially when you consider..." sort of talk going on.

Again, Burrow is awesome and we are only 2 games into his first season but we're already talking about how much better he'd be doing if he were on the Browns or Chargers...ouch.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 08:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That LA defense is legit.
And Herbert looked good too.  And that doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  We got what we were looking for.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:52 PM)McC Wrote: And Herbert looked good too.  And that doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.  We got what we were looking for.  

Lynn claims he’s going back to Tyrod when’s he’s ready. Bit surprising.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lynn claims he’s going back to Tyrod when’s he’s ready. Bit surprising.

I agree.  You know what you're gonna get with Tyrod.  He's never taken anybody anywhere near the SB.  Maybe the kid with the big arm and the pretty good wheels can.  How many more years without a playoff run does Lynn get.  Why act like you have forever.

They have a good D, what looked like a pretty good OLine, excellent weapons.  Give them a dynamic QB and they're dangerous.  It took Mahomes and a pair of 58 yard FG's for the champs to beat them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote