Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Lewan...seems to want to join the Bengals
At around the 6:30 mark he starts naming teams he would play for and he seems to really want to play for the Bengals and says emphatically the Bengals need a left tackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqmfnxqqAs
Reply/Quote
Interesting. If nothing else, imagine random FAs throwing the Bengals out there first as a destination in years past. It wouldn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t this guy always ends up hurt?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals do need a LT. We probably would still need a LT even if we signed Lewan because at some point in the season he will get hurt. Sorry, but unless Lewan comes very cheap I think we should stay away due to his injury history
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals do need a LT.  We probably would still need a LT even if we signed Lewan because at some point in the season he will get hurt.  Sorry, but unless Lewan comes very cheap I think we should stay away due to his injury history

Agree.  Not saying it would be a great move by us, just another older, oft-injured roll of the dice.  The last two didn't pan out as well as we hoped and didn't finish the seasons.  
Reply/Quote
The Bengals, in my opinion don’t need a LT, Mr. Lewan. They have Jonah and Jackson there to battle it out. May the best man play! No, the Bengals need a RIGHT tackle. Counting on Collins to be ready to start the season (and he wasn’t THAT impressive when healthy his first year in stripes anyway) is foolish. Tired of putting band-aids on the line, I would prefer we draft that RT. Even if they have to trade UP to do so. Get a guy who has played RT exclusively, not a guy “you move there”.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:58 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The Bengals, in my opinion don’t need a LT, Mr. Lewan. They have Jonah and Jackson there to battle it out. May the best man play! No, the Bengals need a RIGHT tackle. Counting on Collins to be ready to start the season (and he wasn’t THAT impressive when healthy his first year in stripes anyway) is foolish. Tired of putting band-aids on the line, I would prefer we draft that RT. Even if they have to trade UP to do so. Get a guy who has played RT exclusively, not a guy “you move there”.

We absolutely need LT. Jonah is no good and his injuries this year are compounding the issue. I'm sick of watching this dude get bull rushed into Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Hard pass.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:52 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Agree.  Not saying it would be a great move by us, just another older, oft-injured roll of the dice.  The last two didn't pan out as well as we hoped and didn't finish the seasons.  

Yeah he has only played 20 games in 3 years but was a perennial pro bowler in his young prime. There may not be an ideal fix this year at tackle.  If we draft one early they may still only redshirt.  If we get an old vet like Lewan for a year or two we still don't have a long term fix.  

I'm assuming the FO sees Jonah and Jackson dueling for LT, and they'll take a RT (or LT really) in the first 4 rounds.  Lewan would have to sit idle for a while and see his market dwindle.  Then if he really wants to be a Bengal he may have to switch to the right side like Reiff did or one of the other guys would have to. I don't see it as ideal, but he is a cut vet and I really think they'll donrhe comp pick plan as a default.  

Side note: I'm more interested in this comment
https://atozsports.com/nashville/taylor-lewan-makes-statement-that-completely-discredits-pro-football-focus/
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:48 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Bengals do need a LT.  We probably would still need a LT even if we signed Lewan because at some point in the season he will get hurt.  Sorry, but unless Lewan comes very cheap I think we should stay away due to his injury history

(02-24-2023, 12:16 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah he has only played 20 games in 3 years but was a perennial pro bowler in his young prime. There may not be an ideal fix this year at tackle.  If we draft one early they may still only redshirt.  If we get an old vet like Lewan for a year or two we still don't have a long term fix.  

I'm assuming the FO sees Jonah and Jackson dueling for LT, and they'll take a RT (or LT really) in the first 4 rounds.  Lewan would have to sit idle for a while and see his market dwindle.  Then if he really wants to be a Bengal he may have to switch to the right side like Reiff did or one of the other guys would have to. I don't see it as ideal, but he is a cut vet and I really think they'll donrhe comp pick plan as a default.  

Side note: I'm more interested in this comment
https://atozsports.com/nashville/taylor-lewan-makes-statement-that-completely-discredits-pro-football-focus/

Yeah, but look at the depth we would have behind him... deepest LT group in the league..... 

It was interesting that he brought up the Bengals without being asked.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Doesn’t this guy always ends up hurt?

Only played a full season twice since getting drafted in 2014. Only missed one game in two other seasons.

The bad note is that he's only played 20 games over the last three seasons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 02:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Only played a full season twice since getting drafted in 2014. Only missed one game in two other seasons.

The bad note is that he's only played 20 games over the last three seasons.

So you are saying he is well rested?  Less tread on the ol' tires...?

Reply/Quote
As I said in the other thread, if he's cheap, and I mean dirt cheap, due to his injury history, I would sign him to be depth. There's no way you sign him expecting him to get you through a full season starting.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As I said in the other thread, if he's cheap, and I mean dirt cheap, due to his injury history, I would sign him to be depth. There's no way you sign him expecting him to get you through a full season starting.

Agree

If they could get him for peanuts I'd be all over it for depth because well our depth sucks. 

To sign him as a big money full time starter - no way!!
Reply/Quote
He is the kind of guy you may be able to get on a 1 years near vet minimum deal. If you can do that, those are the kind of back ups the Chiefs have been able to get over the last couple years that bolster their depth.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 02:20 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So you are saying he is well rested?  Less tread on the ol' tires...?

You need to work with depressed folks. THAT is how you look at the bright side, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As I said in the other thread, if he's cheap, and I mean dirt cheap, due to his injury history, I would sign him to be depth. There's no way you sign him expecting him to get you through a full season starting.

This. A vet minimum deal to be a backup. Can’t see going much more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 10:37 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: At around the 6:30 mark he starts naming teams he would play for and he seems to really want to play for the Bengals and says emphatically the Bengals need a left tackle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hqmfnxqqAs

Then he will do it for Cheap! until he can prove he can stay on the field for a full season
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2023, 12:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hard pass.

[Image: tumblr_op5sb2ayJN1qmob6ro1_400.gif]

Reply/Quote
Lewan has played at a very high level
In the past..any kind of teaching he is able to pass
On to Carmen or Smith ...why not sign him.
Low risk high reward. When healthy he is a upgrade
Over Jonah
Reply/Quote