Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Mays
I'm not even sure where he would fit on this current roster, but apparently the Bengals are expressing interest along with other teams. If he gets signed, who gets cut? I'd hate to see someone with potential get the axe to bring him back. Feel like he's had more than enough chances here.

Reply/Quote
Anyone else ever feel like the Bengals have trouble moving on from people? FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY, PLEASE NO!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Anyone else ever feel like the Bengals have trouble moving on from people? FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY, PLEASE NO!!!!

He just wants to be the new Chris Crocker...
Reply/Quote
Jeff Driskel...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Lemme guess... The teams interested in Taylor Mays are Cincinnati and Minnesota.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I always liked Mays (one of the few). If he does come back; obvious cuts are Flowers or that rookie Safety with the funny name.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I always liked Mays (one of the few). If he does come back; obvious cuts are Flowers or that rookie Safety with the funny name.

I'm another one . I think we should give him another chance.. I mean the secondary hasn't looked the same w/o Reggie Nelson
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I always liked Mays (one of the few). If he does come back; obvious cuts are Flowers or that rookie Safety with the funny name.

We still have Jeff Driskel on the team?..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If I had to guess they would want him as a nickle lb , like the way Shawn Williams was used last season. I know are line backers are struggling to cover to say the least but personally I've never been a fan of him.
Reply/Quote

I was a big fan when they initially got him from San Fran given his athleticism.  But it never seemed to pan out.  He was more of a tweener S/LB and it just never seemed to mesh with how they used him.  I though maybe it was just a scheme issue here, but I also found it telling that no other team has been able to find a spot for him either.  
Reply/Quote
If he can spy a QB please bring him in.

If he can cover an athletic, or even non athletic in some cases, tight end bring him in.

I don't want him @ safety but if he can run with Kevin hogan and Jason witten I'm all for it
Reply/Quote
He is a good special teamer, a good nickle LB, and he knows the system. why in the blue hell would the Bengals not be interested.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:24 PM)J24 Wrote: He is a good special teamer, a good nickle LB, and he knows the system. why in the blue hell would the Bengals not be interested.

Because he's been marginal at best.  In 50 career games with the Bengals he had a total of 33 tackles and 4 passes defended.  Last year with Oakland he played in 14 games where he had 15 total tackles and 5 passes defended.  Coming off of suspension he has yet to play in a game or practice in 2016, so it would likely take him some time to get into football shape and into a position where he can contribute (if you're expecting much of a contribution in the first place).  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:53 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'm another one . I think we should give him another chance.. I mean the secondary hasn't looked the same w/o Reggie Nelson

I thought he was pretty bad as a safety, but when they started using him as a hybrid LB/safety and had him covering TEs, I thought he did a pretty good job.

I'd like to see him back as we still seem to struggle in that area.
Reply/Quote
Best nickel backer we've had in years, and that's an indictment on the organization vinny rey,rey maulauga, and 34 year old Carlos dansby shouldn't be here...Nick Virgil, Paul Dawson, and marquees flowers should've gotten those snaps I'm sick of having old slow worthless linebackers every single season
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I thought he was pretty bad as a safety, but when they started using him as a hybrid LB/safety and had him covering TEs, I thought he did a pretty good job.

I'd like to see him back as we still seem to struggle in that area.

(10-25-2016, 03:59 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Best nickel backer we've had in years, and that's an indictment on the organization vinny rey,rey maulauga, and 34 year old Carlos dansby shouldn't be here...Nick Virgil, Paul Dawson, and marquees flowers should've gotten those snaps I'm sick of having old slow worthless linebackers every single season

Agreed on both. .Bring him back as a nickel LB 

Let us not forget this hit on the Raven's KR : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3E8OeTjeyI

I'll bet whoever that KR was , he still has nightmares about that hit.. LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 03:59 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Best nickel backer we've had in years, and that's an indictment on the organization vinny rey,rey maulauga, and 34 year old Carlos dansby shouldn't be here...Nick Virgil, Paul Dawson, and marquees flowers should've gotten those snaps I'm sick of having old slow worthless linebackers every single season

Pretty hard for Paul Dawson to get gameday snaps when he's on the PS...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He offers zilch on defense, but I see them signing him for ST purposes.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The NFL game is changing and we are seeing more of a need for the tweener Safety/LB'er hybrid.

If he can fill that void Im all for it, what do we have to lose, our defense is in need of help!

Side note when were out showering those on the street please also find us another edge rusher to replace #90!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2016, 02:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Anyone else ever feel like the Bengals have trouble moving on from people? FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY, PLEASE NO!!!!

hes done well for us in the past when pushed into service...

Plus he helps STs....

And we will have the bye week to try him out.

But out LBers coverage has been pretty bad so far this season and backup DBs outside of shaw.

Could easily see him making the roster over someone else that's normally inactive
Reply/Quote