Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Mays released by Vikings
Figured some would be interested in this. Our depth at S is weak, I wouldn't mind seeing him back to attempt to earn a roster spot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000497216/article/minnesota-vikings-release-taylor-mays?campaign=Facebook_atn_news
Reply/Quote
I think he's done here for good, he showed promise at LB but we still couldn't get him to where we wanted. I finally feel comfortable with the 4 safeties we've got anyways so we shouldn't put him there if we do bring him back.
Reply/Quote
Not interested now, but in case of injury he could pull a chris crocker for us down the road.
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't mind bringing him back as a backup LB'er/Safety hybrid.

Would be good depth.
Reply/Quote
We know Mays' ceiling and it's John Malkovich low. Williams and Smith have far more potential, not forgetting Keo, who is more than solid. We don't need him now, but may give him a call should an injury emerge.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 01:14 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: We know Mays' ceiling and it's John Malkovich low. Williams and Smith have far more potential, not forgetting Keo, who is more than solid. We don't need him now, but may give him a call should an injury emerge.

Potential is potential...

Behind ILOKA and Nelson we really dont know what we have other than Special Teamers.

Id take mays back and let him roster battle for a spot.. His Monster Backer Roll was useful when we used it. and if they are projecting shaw to CB and not Saftey there isnt anyone to fill his roll.
Reply/Quote
That didn't last long...
Reply/Quote
Pass. I'd rather move on from guys like Mays who have hit their ceiling. Must have been pretty bad if he's already out in Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
If he was a miss for Zim - he would be back in Cincy too!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love Taylor Mays, but there is just no room for him with the safeties we have now. If there is an injury to someone though, he would be the first person I'd call.
Reply/Quote
If this weren't a former Bengal, this whole thread would be full of people saying:

NO
Nope
He can't even stick with the 90 man roster on a losing team
BUST
3 teams have traded or cut him, so he must be a locker room cancer
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I expect this team to carry 10 DBs.
CB = Hall, Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw
S = Nelson, Iloka, Williams, Smith

That leaves one spot open. Right now, the final spot will go to one of CLH, Ghee, Shiloh Keo, or Troy Hill.

I would lean toward it being a CB though since Shaw may be a better fit at safety (even though he will be tested at CB originally).

If Mays is brought in to compete, ok. But I would be shocked to see him beat out a CB for the final DB spot.

I also don't think he'd make it with the LBs since there is already a big competition (Dawson, Burfict, Maualuga, Lamur, Hawk, Rey, Flowers, Porter, Dimanche, Roach).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this weren't a former Bengal, this whole thread would be full of people saying:

NO
Nope
BUST

It kind of is anyway LOL

I'm actually surprised more aren't a fan of bringing him back, but I'm interested in Mays because:

1. Our LBs on paper look terrible right now
2. We have very little depth at S
3. He played well at times here
4. He would take up 1 roster spot being able to back up multiple positions

I guess most people have more faith than I do in these no-names at safety and the bums that we're trying to pass off as legitimate linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this weren't a former Bengal, this whole thread would be full of people saying:

NO
Nope
BUST

That was my first thought. Maybe a failed physical? Too many mushrooms for a late night snack maybe? You never were quite sure with him sometimes, as he seemed to get 'it' one day, and be out in orbit the next. I'm with those who say only maybe during the season if we are in desperate need.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I also don't think he'd make it with the LBs since there is already a big competition (Dawson, Burfict, Maualuga, Lamur, Hawk, Rey, Flowers, Porter, Dimanche, Roach).

The fact that this group is being touted as "big competition" shows how low expectations are for Bengals' LBs nowadays.
Reply/Quote

NO
Nope
BUST

You forgot to point out that signing free agents makes us the Bucs.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we need him back, unless injuries.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot to point out that signing free agents makes us the Bucs.

Signing Top dollar free agents to fill seats makes you the bucs.
Reply/Quote
He is just as good as Lamur and he is a pretty good special teamer.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:26 PM)djs7685 Wrote: It kind of is anyway LOL

I'm actually surprised more aren't a fan of bringing him back, but I'm interested in Mays because:

1. Our LBs on paper look terrible right now
2. We have very little depth at S
3. He played well at times here
4. He would take up 1 roster spot being able to back up multiple positions

I guess most people have more faith than I do in these no-names at safety and the bums that we're trying to pass off as legitimate linebackers.

Imo, Mays isn't better than anyone we have on the roster. He's a one-trick pony as a LB due to his size and he's pretty awful as a safety.

Good ST player, but those aren't hard to find. I am curious on why Zim released him so early, considering he knew what he was getting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote