Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Taylor Swift=Bengals revenue
The Bengals will receive 1/2 the revenue from 122 luxury suites for each concert plus 50% of the parking revenue. Friday will be a bit of a challenge because of the Reds game. Revenue belongs to them until 1 hour after the start of the game.

In the past, the team has also been entitled to a % of the food and beverage revenue sold during the concert

There is a $150,000 rental cost for the stadium which has been paid by a company named Ohio Valley Entertainment. The manager signing on behalf of Ohio Valley Entertainment is ...Katie Blackburn. It is assumed that OVE is a Bengals subsidiary.

All in all though, the Bengals should reap several million dollars in cash for JoeyB's future raise

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals will receive 1/2 the revenue from 122 luxury suites for each concert plus 50% of the parking revenue. Friday will be a bit of a challenge because of the Reds game. Revenue belongs to them until 1 hour after the start of the game.

In the past, the team has also been entitled to a % of the food and beverage revenue sold during the concert

There is a $150,000 rental cost for the stadium which has been paid by a company named Ohio Valley Entertainment. The manager signing on behalf of Ohio Valley Entertainment is ...Katie Blackburn. It is assumed that OVE is a Bengals subsidiary.

All in all though, the Bengals should reap several million dollars in cash for JoeyB's future raise
I was wondering about that and I’m glad we’re benefiting a bit from it!

It’s crazy around here…… tickets are being sold for THOUSANDS of dollars. Facebook is full of requests. There’s more posts about the concert than there is about the normal things.

I guess I haven’t been paying enough attention because I didn’t know she would draw this kind of interest…….
Reply/Quote
I mean if Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Jason sitting in for his father were coming into town I’d get it. This I don’t get, but glad the Bengals will get some cash out of it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I also don't get the Taylor Swift tickets being sold out and resale in the thousands. I won't pay anything to see her myself. Glad the Bengals get some revenue from this madness.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 07:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean if Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Jason sitting in for his father were coming into town I’d get it. This I don’t get, but glad the Bengals will get some cash out of it.

My very first rock concert was Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Bonzo at the Riverfront Coliseum in 1977 (2nd night). The thing I never really got with Zeppelin (my favorite) is Page and Plant got all the attention, Bonzo was pretty much worshipped by drummers everywhere when he died. Plant was Knighted. But, listen to any Zeppelin song and it is plain they are all driven by Jones' bass or organ, not Page's guitar. I (And, he did all the arrangements) In fact, when Page was in his heavy heroin days, his playing became very sloppy. Yet, Jones is the least recognized of the band. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My very first rock concert was Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Bonzo at the Riverfront Coliseum in 1977 (2nd night). The thing I never really got with Zeppelin (my favorite) is Page and Plant got all the attention, Bonzo was pretty much worshipped by drummers everywhere when he died. Plant was Knighted. But, listen to any Zeppelin song and it is plain they are all driven by Jones' bass or organ, not Page's guitar. I (And, he did all the arrangements) In fact, when Page was in his heavy heroin days, his playing became very sloppy. Yet, Jones is the least recognized of the band. 

JPJ was the most "normal" character of the four.  Plant was obviously a very charismatic frontman.  Page had all his drama with black magic.  Bonzo was a notorious party animal.  JPJ was the glue that held it all together.
Reply/Quote
Obviously not a lot of Swifties around these parts.

In case you haven't heard. She's a MAJOR draw.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My very first rock concert was Robert, Jimmy, John Paul and Bonzo at the Riverfront Coliseum in 1977 (2nd night). The thing I never really got with Zeppelin (my favorite) is Page and Plant got all the attention, Bonzo was pretty much worshipped by drummers everywhere when he died. Plant was Knighted. But, listen to any Zeppelin song and it is plain they are all driven by Jones' bass or organ, not Page's guitar. I (And, he did all the arrangements) In fact, when Page was in his heavy heroin days, his playing became very sloppy. Yet, Jones is the least recognized of the band. 

Oh man you got to see them? That’s awesome. John Paul is definitely the least recognized, but I don’t know enough to know how good each one is individually, I just like the whole. I like the story of how John Paul joined the band where his wife said Jimmy was putting together a new band and he should go try out or whatever. He said he was doing pretty well as a studio musician, but thought what the hell. Something like that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:41 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Obviously not a lot of Swifties around these parts.

In case you haven't heard. She's a MAJOR draw.

Nobody denies that, a lot of us just don’t get the insane hype. Waiting all day for merch? Hope none got some respiratory illness from being out in that smoke all day. Stuff was nasty.

Reply/Quote
I saw her in Toronto on the Reputation Tour... she's a remarkable performer.

It's nice to see the Bengals earning from this. Do many artists use PBS (not the other name) for concerts?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody denies that, a lot of us just don’t get the insane hype. Waiting all day for merch?  Hope none got some respiratory illness from being out in that smoke all day. Stuff was nasty.

The smoke from Canada (old home) hit Madrid (New home) this week... wild stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:54 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I saw her in Toronto on the Reputation Tour... she's a remarkable performer.

It's nice to see the Bengals earning from this. Do many artists use PBS (not the other name) for concerts?

Yes. I saw Guns n Roses there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 11:07 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I also don't get the Taylor Swift tickets being sold out and resale in the thousands. I won't pay anything to see her myself. Glad the Bengals get some revenue from this madness.
The people on this board aren't exactly the Taylor Swift demographic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
When folks say "We don't need an indoor stadium because Otto Graham never played in one"; it's events like these that illustate the additional cash it could bring in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody denies that, a lot of us just don’t get the insane hype. Waiting all day for merch?  Hope none got some respiratory illness from being out in that smoke all day. Stuff was nasty.

*shrugs*

Not a TS fan at all.  I think her music is mediocre at best, then then.....

I'm 50+ and have never understood the hype of the Stones, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

People like what they like.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 01:43 PM)Stewy Wrote: *shrugs*

Not a TS fan at all.  I think her music is mediocre at best, then then.....

I'm 50+ and have never understood the hype of the Stones, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

People like what they like.

Now you've crossed a line.  

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 09:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh man you got to see them?  That’s awesome. John Paul is definitely the least recognized, but I don’t know enough to know how good each one is individually, I just like the whole. I like the story of how John Paul joined the band where his wife said Jimmy was putting together a new band and he should go try out or whatever. He said he was doing pretty well as a studio musician, but thought what the hell. Something like that.

Plant, who I later met and talked to for about 30 minutes in Lexington and is an extremely nice person, has (had) a true 4 octave range with his voice, which is rare. Page was a highly paid studio guitarist who was one of the best guitarists to ever live when he wasn't high on heroin. Jones can play about any instrument out there, and arranged most of their music and still works as an arranger. They say Bonham's power came from his days as a bricklayer, but he had one of the fastest foots out there.  His triplets are legendary still. He reportedly only drank that heavy when they toured, because he missed being home. Sad that he passed. Zeppelin was a perfect storm of talent. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes. I saw Guns n Roses there.

I remember going to Riverfront Stadium for the first concert held there, which was pretty much an all day deal with Eddie Money, the Steve Miller Band and the Eagles. If I remember right, the tickets were 12 dollars.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 02:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Plant, who I later met and talked to for about 30 minutes in Lexington and is an extremely nice person, has (had) a true 4 octave range with his voice, which is rare. Page was a highly paid studio guitarist who was one of the best guitarists to ever live when he wasn't high on heroin. Jones can play about any instrument out there, and arranged most of their music and still works as an arranger. They say Bonham's power came from his days as a bricklayer, but he had one of the fastest foots out there.  His triplets are legendary still. He reportedly only drank that heavy when they toured, because he missed being home. Sad that he passed. Zeppelin was a perfect storm of talent. 

Moby Dick is an amazing song where Bonham just kills it 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Now you've crossed a line.  

Definitely.....no Sabbath? Blasphemy!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote