Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Taylor vs Tomlin- Number of Playoff Wins!
Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Says more about Tomlin, perhaps...</p>&mdash; J.D. Haltigan, PhD ??‍? (@JDHaltigan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JDHaltigan/status/1614843361021534209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2023</a></blockquote> &lt;script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

I don't know if it will embed the Tweet into this post (I have no clue how), but here's what it says:

Quote:Zac Taylor has won more playoff games in the last two seasons than Mike Tomlin has in the last 12 seasons. I never thought I would type that about a Bengals coach….

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

The Steelers organization is a joke!

I was at the game yesterday thinking about how many titles Joe and Zac will bring us!
Reply/Quote
On the other side of the coin, Taylor could have more playoff wins after this playoff push than he had the first 2 years of being a HC. That's a crazy type of turnaround.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why did we do this to ourselves?

Okay yeah that nice but we've still never won a Superbowl and they have how many? Why even bring up the comparison, it only leads to heartache.

Please don't let me think of all the other Taylor vs. Tomlin specific comparisons. Or Bengals vs. stealers.

Let's just look forward to future success
Reply/Quote
Steelers have done nothing for over a decade. But, Tomlin does have a SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:
Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Says more about Tomlin, perhaps...</p>&mdash; J.D. Haltigan, PhD ??‍? (@JDHaltigan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JDHaltigan/status/1614843361021534209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2023</a></blockquote> &lt;script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

I don't know if it will embed the Tweet into this post (I have no clue how), but here's what it says:

Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

The Steelers organization is a joke!

I was at the game yesterday thinking about how many titles Joe and Zac will bring us!

IMO, the Steelers Organization is anything but a joke. Always well ran, always well respected (org, not some of its POS players) and tied for the most Lombardi's.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: IMO, the Steelers Organization is anything but a joke. Always well ran, always well respected (org, not some of its POS players) and tied for the most Lombardi's.

Yep. What 6 SB wins?

They had a pretty bad roster this year and finished over .500.

A bad roster for the Bengals is 2-4 wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. What 6 SB wins?

They had a pretty bad roster this year and finished over .500.

A bad roster for the Bengals is 2-4 wins.

The Steelers would never let their roster dissipate to the awful state that the Bengals did when Zac took over.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: IMO, the Steelers Organization is anything but a joke. Always well ran, always well respected (org, not some of its POS players) and tied for the most Lombardi's.

Absolutely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Absolutely. I know we hate them, I do too, but there's no doubt they know how to build a winner. Damn, this season is maybe better proof than any other Steelers season. We all thought they were an absolute joke after Week 1. People didn't think they were good. Still went 9-8 to record yet another winning season, and missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. 

That is as 'bad' as it's gotten for the Steelers in a long time. 
Reply/Quote
and after we smoke the buff bisons next week and Jax pulls off an upset of KC we will primed for a another SB appearance and keep adding to that total.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 04:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: Why did we do this to ourselves?

Okay yeah that nice but we've still never won a Superbowl and they have how many?  Why even bring up the comparison, it only leads to heartache.

Please don't let me think of all the other Taylor vs. Tomlin specific comparisons.  Or Bengals vs. stealers.

Let's just look forward to future success
They've won, what, two this century? The rest were all 1980 or before?

If it's such a well-run organization that is successful, they should definitely have more.
When was their last Lombardi?

And if you want to call some of their players POSs, then it's not a well run organization because who brings in the players?
(01-16-2023, 06:09 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely. I know we hate them, I do too, but there's no doubt they know how to build a winner. Damn, this season is maybe better proof than any other Steelers season. We all thought they were an absolute joke after Week 1. People didn't think they were good. Still went 9-8 to record yet another winning season, and missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. 

That is as 'bad' as it's gotten for the Steelers in a long time. 
If McPherson's PAT doesn't get blocked in the first regular season game or if he doesn't miss the field goal in OT, they don't have a winning record this year.

I know you can play "what ifs" about a lot of teams/games but they don't have too many convincing wins.
Reply/Quote
Makes me smile. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If McPherson's PAT doesn't get blocked in the first regular season game or if he doesn't miss the field goal in OT, they don't have a winning record this year.

I know you can play "what ifs" about a lot of teams/games but they don't have too many convincing wins.

No they don't, you're right. But fact is they still won the games they did, and were 3-7 after we beat them in round 2. They still go and finish 9-8. And to reiterate, this is about as 'bad' as they've been in a while. I don't love to sit here and give them credit, but objectively speaking they are incredible at always being competitive. 
Reply/Quote
I feel like the days of counting playoff wins need to end. It's small, and I don't think successful franchises keep tabs on that. It's time to count Super Bowl wins starting with that elusive first one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 07:13 PM)jason Wrote: I feel like the days of counting playoff wins need to end. It's small, and I don't think successful franchises keep tabs on that. It's time to count Super Bowl wins starting with that elusive first one.

Agreed.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They've won, what, two this century? The rest were all 1980 or before?

If it's such a well-run organization that is successful, they should definitely have more.
When was their last Lombardi?

And if you want to call some of their players POSs, then it's not a well run organization because who brings in the players?
If McPherson's PAT doesn't get blocked in the first regular season game or if he doesn't miss the field goal in OT, they don't have a winning record this year.

This is as bad as the original post.  Shame on you for making all of us defend the damn Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 08:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is as bad as the original post.  Shame on you for making all of us defend the damn Steelers.

As bad as the original post?

Explain what was bad about the original post?

Steelers are supposed to be one of the top franchises in the NFL and their fan base always brags about their success, so how is pointing out that our coach has more playoff wins in two years than their coach has in the past twelve years a bad post?

Also, why was the post you just quoted a bad post?
Reply/Quote
Both teams went to the playoffs 7 times in the last 12 years.

Bengals 4-6 over these 12 years
steelers 3-7 over the same span.

We all remember a damn near act of God (or NFL) when the Bengals pulled off the impossible choke job against the steelers or the
Bengals would be 5-5 and the steelers 2-8 over this span.

But obviously the Bengals being 4-1 in playoffs over last two years is tipping the scale quickly. Plus Bengals are still alive in playoffs and may not be done winning. Hope this trend continues
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As bad as the original post?

Explain what was bad about the original post?

Steelers are supposed to be one of the top franchises in the NFL and their fan base always brags about their success, so how is pointing out that our coach has more playoff wins in two years than their coach has in the past twelve years a bad post?

Also, why was the post you just quoted a bad post?

Saying the Steelers Org is a joke is simply a bad take.  We had the worst ownership in sports for several years. 

They have 6 Rings, 2 in the last 15 years.  We have ZERO in over 50 years.

Every team has players that other teams hate.  You think the Steelers don't like Hines Ward like we do?  I'm not certain but I don't want to compare the number of bad characters we have had with any other team.

The fact is the Rooney family didnt embarrass it's fanbase nearly as much since 1933 than Mike Brown did after taking over a SB and playoff team with 14 straight non-winning seasons, with only 2 out of 20 having a winning record.  

I just don't see how anyone can say the Steelers Org is a joke, and if they can we would be one of the very last, outside of the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Both teams went to the playoffs 7 times in the last 12 years.

Bengals 4-6 over these 12 years
steelers 3-7 over the same span.

We all remember a damn near act of God (or NFL) when the Bengals pulled off the impossible choke job against the steelers or the
Bengals would be 5-5 and the steelers 2-8 over this span.

But obviously the Bengals being 4-1 in playoffs over last two years is tipping the scale quickly. Plus Bengals are still alive in playoffs and may not be done winning. Hope this trend continues

That's all fine and good. Til we get that ring, we're just yapping about playoff records between arbitrary years. I don't have much experience being a fan of championship caliber pro teams, but it's sorta the equivalent of UC fans telling me that they've won more post season games than Ohio State over the past two seasons... When Ohio State has 2 national championships in the last 20 years. This is clearly just an analogy.... I'm excited by UC's recent success.

I just think our woofing like that is hollow, and we sound nuevo rich. We need to win this damn thing this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote