Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team Makes Statement
The players, coaches, and personnel of the Cincinnati Bengals marched to the Underground Railroad Museum where they issued a video statement on the current racial unrest. Trey Hopkins and Joe Burrow acted as spokesmen

“As this country continues to see instances of racial discrimination and injustices, it is time for us to act. Together, as a unified front, we must identify, address and ultimately end those practices and policies that would deny liberty and justice to all, regardless of race, religion, or creed. It is time for us all to take a stand.

“It is each of our responsibility to effect change in our communities, not only for us but for those yet to come. We cannot turn a blind eye to the racism still experienced in this country. This is not an issue of politics but a fight for equality and life. If this nation is to ever reach the goals that it has promised its citizens, we must be catalysts for change.”

https://www.bengals.com/video/statement-from-the-cincinnati-bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

It’s a good message. Glad to see Burrow jumping to the front of the line to be the spokesman here. Guy is a true leader of the team already.
(08-29-2020, 01:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s a good message. Glad to see Burrow jumping to the front of the line to be the spokesman here. Guy is a true leader of the team already.

Yes he is. And his teammates are going to be ready to go to war for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Great to see ownership out there with the team showing their support also.

I’m very proud of this team.
I dig it.
(08-29-2020, 02:14 PM)bengals0425 Wrote: Great to see ownership out there with the team showing their support also.

Don’t get to say that too often.

It's nice to see this from other teams in the AFC North, rather than my Steelers "we're just going to shut up and play football" (although I think he said something yesterday, finally?)
(08-29-2020, 02:14 PM)bengals0425 Wrote: Great to see ownership out there with the team showing their support also.

I am too.  Happy the family responded in a timely way.  Made me happy to see 85 year old Mike Brown with his players.

Hope they reward Mike with a big year!
I am cool with that for sure.
(08-29-2020, 02:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes he is. And his teammates are going to be ready to go to war for him.

He is really is trying to check every box as far as being a leader goes. I really hope Bengals go all out to protect him.
WTG Trey, Joe, and the Bengals front office! WHO DEY!!!!
Great to see, MB is always so distant.
I didn’t realize Mike was actually out there for the speech! That is awesome. He’s having a nice swan song here, hope Burrow can help us reach the promise land before his time is over.
Good message. Good to see everyone is united on this team.
bfine Makes Statement:

Make it stop
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Alright, as long as there is no kneeling or boycotting there games thats fine.
(08-29-2020, 06:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I didn’t realize Mike was actually out there for the speech! That is awesome. He’s having a nice swan song here, hope Burrow can help us reach the promise land before his time is over.

'16: 6-9-1
'17: 7-9
'18: 6-10
'19: 2-14

Lets not get carried away now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Bengals as a team and franchise are really getting into the national spotlight. Joe Burrow has put this team on the map. Just about every player on this team has really bought into the system. Outside of maybe Joe Mixon which I'm not overly worried as of yet, but somewhat worried that in 4 days we haven't had an answer about his situation. Every player worked their butts off preparing for this season unlike seasons passed when most veterans came in overweight and pretty much just enjoying their paychecks. Last year I'm sure they weren't into the hiring of Zac Taylor. With that towards the end of the season when we were obviously the worst team in football but we did see the system really start to come together. Now this year the front office went all out in free agency and brought in the #1 QB in the draft. I understand were probably looking at a 6-8 win season but still super pumped to watch this team come together in 2020.
I was fine with this. I would much rather them do something like this than protesting the National Anthem (which they still might do). The team showed solidarity, and MB being out there (easy to miss at first) was needed.

I saw another video that showed them marching and getting set up, and something that caught my eye- it looked like MB was sort of in the middle behind some more players and Carlos Dunlap put his arm on him and brought him to the front.

To me, I felt that was a sign of respect. We want you up here with us, not hidden in the back. Could be reading way more into it, but that was cool too.
(08-29-2020, 01:55 PM)pally Wrote: The players, coaches, and personnel of the Cincinnati Bengals marched to the Underground Railroad Museum where they issued a video statement on the current racial unrest.  Trey Hopkins and Joe Burrow acted as spokesmen

“As this country continues to see instances of racial discrimination and injustices, it is time for us to act. Together, as a unified front, we must identify, address and ultimately end those practices and policies that would deny liberty and justice to all, regardless of race, religion, or creed. It is time for us all to take a stand.

“It is each of our responsibility to effect change in our communities, not only for us but for those yet to come. We cannot turn a blind eye to the racism still experienced in this country. This is not an issue of politics but a fight for equality and life. If this nation is to ever reach the goals that it has promised its citizens, we must be catalysts for change.”

https://www.bengals.com/video/statement-from-the-cincinnati-bengals

This is obviously a political thread and statement. It needs to be moved to P&R forum.

Some of us want zero politics and just want to enjoy the team, politics makes that impossible.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats