Poll: What's our final record (NO ties allowed!)
This poll is closed.
13-4
0%
0 0%
12-5
0%
0 0%
11-6
7.41%
4 7.41%
10-7
12.96%
7 12.96%
9-8
31.48%
17 31.48%
8-9
16.67%
9 16.67%
7-10
24.07%
13 24.07%
6-11
5.56%
3 5.56%
5-12
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Record Predictions at the Bye
(11-09-2021, 02:37 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It isn't playoffs or bust this year though. We'd all have taken 9-8 at the beginning of the year.

It is for a Certain Coach in my opinion
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been a fan since 1978.

I'm not angry, i just think you're weak minded. 

Yet I don't insult posters like "weak minded" people who can't take criticism of their favorite teams do and that says it all. I as I've always done, just state my opinion. It's the the peanut gallery that can't take it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yet I don't insult posters like "weak minded" people who can't take criticism of their favorite teams do and that says it all. I as I've always done, just state my opinion. It's the the peanut gallery that can't take it.

It's not an insult. Criticism is fine. Endless posting about how the world is going to end because the Bengals suck again, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is a sign of someone with a weak mind. If that's you, so be it. I don't know by numbers. There are 2 or 3 (maybe more) on there that do that and they're definitely weak minded. 

But you keep doing you and deflecting. It's not obvious that you can't simply state an opinion or a fact, give and take a little and then let it go. Not obvious at all. Mellow

But it's ok. You're not alone and you know this by all the "we" you were talking about before. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: More than 3/4 of us believe we'll finish between 7-10 and 9-8.  Bet if I'd ask this two weeks ago most would have had us winning 12-13 games.  The volatile nature of the NFL is amazing.

I read more than a few post about how the Bengals could "run the table". I should go back and see if it's the same manic posters that are flying off the handle with negativity right now. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I read more than a few post about how the Bengals could "run the table". I should go back and see if it's the same manic posters that are flying off the handle with negativity right now. 

Please do.

[Image: OIP.SRkOeu-K11-FBOmlSfrC-gAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 03:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not an insult. Criticism is fine. Endless posting about how the world is going to end because the Bengals suck again, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is a sign of someone with a weak mind. If that's you, so be it. I don't know by numbers. There are 2 or 3 (maybe more) on there that do that and they're definitely weak minded. 

But you keep doing you and deflecting. It's not obvious that you can't simply state an opinion or a fact, give and take a little and then let it go. Not obvious at all. Mellow

But it's ok. You're not alone and you know this by all the "we" you were talking about before. 

And endlessly crying about posters is the only true sign of a weak mind rather you know it or not. The poster posting is minding their business and stating their opinion. The fact that triggers you and others is on yall, not the poster. That's what you seem not to get. When I endlessly cry about posters and their opinions, call them names, and try to silence them - then I'll be showing a sign of a weak mind. 

I mean I state opinions and facts all the time and? Don't you? That's the point of the message board. I've never deflected from that. Again, if you can't handle posters opinions when they don't involve you or yours then there is no need to replay. Not sure why that is so hard for some.

Reply/Quote
"Manic posters" "Weak Minds". All yall got is lame attacks.

Let's get down to the bottom of the issue. The Bengals can't, won't, haven't shut the naysayers up. They are the only ones that can. Attack all you want but the anger is misdirected.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals call a plumber during the bye and unclog this shitshow. 

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas - W (Rested up after the bye and ready to right the wrongs)

Sun, Nov 28 vs Pittsburgh - W (for the sweep)
Sun, Dec 5 vs Los Angeles Chargers - W (West coast jet lag - and their not as good as we thought they was)
Sun, Dec 12 vs San Francisco - L (Just because after 3 straight wins, we get over confident again)

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver - L (still not over the 3 straight wins)
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore - W (Because "F" Lamar)
Sun, Jan 2 vs Kansas City - L (KC finds its groove by now)

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland - W (for the split)

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:07 AM)motoarch Wrote: Yeah but wouldn't it be fun if you did predict that and it happened.

You'd be a king around here.  Well in your own mind but hey it be pretty awesome.

I say do it.  Make that crazy prediction.  I predicted 11-6.  Why cause why the f not.  Its not as ballsy as winning out but if it happens I can say I believed.  If it doesn't, ehh.  Who cares. 

Nah, I'll stick with my 9-10 win season, just like I said at the beginning of the season. To think they will have no more wins you would have to believe Burrow and Chase both will have crap games like they had last Sunday from here on out. I find that highly doubtful.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: "Manic posters" "Weak Minds". All yall got is lame attacks.

Let's get down to the bottom of the issue. The Bengals can't, won't, haven't shut the naysayers up. They are the only ones that can. Attack all you want but the anger is misdirected.

Wrong. Yes they did, up until 2 weeks ago. The last 2 weeks have been the polar opposite of what we had seen. The next 2 or 3 games will show which of those trends is more accurate about this team. 

Yet you and others jump off a cliff because "i've seen it all before", proclaiming the season over after 9 games. 

All the crying about how they've played the last 2 weeks isn't going to bother or change them in any way. I've said many times that criticism and negativity is warranted but don't kid yourself. Endlessly posting and creating negative thread after negative thread about the same things, going off the deep end proclaiming "same thing" and "season over" after 9 games is a coping mechanism. 

OT. I'd expect 5-3 after the break. 4-4 worse case scenario. Anything more than that is icing on the cake. 

Final record... 10-7 / 9-8. Trending in the right direction with a decided need to upgrade the Oline to get to the next level. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The Bengals call a plumber during the bye and unclog this shitshow. 

Sun, Nov 21 @ Las Vegas - W (Rested up after the bye and ready to right the wrongs)

Sun, Nov 28 vs Pittsburgh - W (for the sweep)
Sun, Dec 5 vs Los Angeles Chargers - W (West coast jet lag - and their not as good as we thought they was)
Sun, Dec 12 vs San Francisco - L (Just because after 3 straight wins, we get over confident again)

Sun, Dec 19 @ Denver - L (still not over the 3 straight wins)
Sun, Dec 26 vs Baltimore - W (Because "F" Lamar)
Sun, Jan 2 vs Kansas City - L (KC finds its groove by now)

Sun, Jan 9 @ Cleveland - W (for the split)

4-4. Looks about right but i'd maybe swap the KC/Cleveland outcomes or go W/W instead of L/W. 

Reply/Quote
9-8 missed playoffs
Reply/Quote
There are 2 kinds of people in life:

Those who become negative when the team starts losing, and those who can't/won't say anything bad about the team, so they vent their frustration with the losing on the guys who are negative.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This team strikes me as one that is capable of just about any outcome. I believe that losing out is plausible enough that it should be viewed as a legitimate possibility. Before someone rips my head off: I feel the same way about winning out. This team can beat anyone anywhere by any score. This team can lose to anyone anywhere by any score.

I think they've proven that at this point. That may end up leaving us around .500. That's probably the best place to put the betting odds. I voted 10-7 though, because they do have a lot of home games looming. They're neither as good as they looked in Baltmore nor as bad as they've looked the last two weeks.
Reply/Quote
I will stick with my preseason prediction of 6-11. Should be easy for them to pass that and I will be happy if they do. I'm just being stubborn and sticking with what I've been saying until it's wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 09:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 7-10    based on how we are playing

That's what I predict and Zac still keeps his job for _____ reason.

Sick
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 06:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's what I predict and Zac still keeps his job for _____ reason.

Sick

Why would you say such hurtful things
Reply/Quote
The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" type of league. Lately, it has been embarrassing again. We lose to one of the worst teams in the Jets and then get curb-stomped by an above average team. I just don't see how they turn this around. The defense is a shell of itself and I don't understand how it turned so quickly. We insist on giving WR's everything they want on short routes and forgot how to tackle. We can't stop the run, WR are not making contested catches, Burrow has a player in his face every throw and is turning it over way too often.

I have them going 3-5 the rest of the way, 8-9 overall, and that even feels generous. Please be wrong...for once.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There are 2 kinds of people in life:

Those who become negative when the team starts losing, and those who can't/won't say anything bad about the team, so they vent their frustration with the losing on the guys who are negative.

Damn, i feel like an outcast now. Sad

I get mad and say negative things about players and the team, then i get over it in a day or so. Then i get worked up when i see the 12 thread or the 295th post about how they're no different and they're going to lose out and we should have seen it coming, after a couple bad games from a team that's healthy and has shown promise. 

Thanks Shake.   Cry

Reply/Quote
Really hard to say with this team. I think they go home, boink their wives like the sex scene from 300, go go on a spiritual journey that ends with them boinking their wives a second time, and then go 7-1 to close out the year, with their only loss coming from The Ravens.

I’m not interested in hearing your counter arguments. Just look at my track record. When has Bigzo EVER been wrong? Thought so.
Reply/Quote