Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team captains?
(09-09-2020, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your guys obsession with Vigil is a little creepy.

Nah, you are the creepy one Fred and we all know it.

Always saying Vigil is better than Bynes while Bynes is missed by Ravens fans and shows up in his first year being a Defensive Captain...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 12:52 PM)pally Wrote: well no one got all the choices right...Burrow is a captian.  They chose 7 this year.  I am kind of surprised not to see Trey Hopkins but can see where they didn't want to displace Bernard and Green.  No Geno this year but it is possible he took a step back with his NFLPA duties and baby #2 on the way

Vonn Bell
Giovani Bernard
Joe Burrow
Josh Bynes
A.J. Green
Kevin Huber
Shawn Williams

I was kinda hoping to see Hopkins be a captain, but oh well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So is this a complete vote by players or just selected by coaches, or both?
Reply/Quote
Burrow named captain.... What a badass!

Color me shocked... and pumped!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bell, Bynes, and Burrow being Cs so quickly is telling. Not surprising, just a testament to the type of players those guys are.

No lineman. Atkins, Hopkins, or Dunlap would not have surprised me.

Huber is kind of a surprise.

not necessarily.  With no veteran players right now on special teams, they went with the most tenured Bengal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 11:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When do they typically name the captains each year? With only a few days left until the first game I’m surprised they haven’t been announced yet.

I think Burrow definitely gets a C. I’m most curious if Mixon or any of the new guys (Reader/Bell) gets one.

Makes little sense to name Burrow.. Your earn "C's" .. don;t think he has earned it yet.. 

I pick Boyd or Hopkins on Offense myself..
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So is this a complete vote by players or just selected by coaches, or both?

player vote

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Makes little sense to name Burrow.. Your earn "C's" .. don;t think he has earned it yet.. 

On a football team, you most certainly want your QB to be a captain.  He's the face of your damn franchise.  And since it is a player vote, they must believe he earned it.  And based on all the things said by players and coaches alike in this weird off season, it should come as no surprise to anybody.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:56 PM)McC Wrote: On a football team, you most certainly want your QB to be a captain.  He's the face of your damn franchise.  And since it is a player vote, they must believe he earned it.  And based on all the things said by players and coaches alike in this weird off season, it should come as no surprise to anybody.
Boyd has earned it more than Burrow and I see Hopkins as the soul of the team. what he went through to get to where he is now.. now that is earning it... 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Boyd has earned it more than Burrow and I see Hopkins as the soul of the team. what he went through to get to where he is now.. now that is earning it... 

Apparently, how you see it and how the whole team sees it are not the same.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Makes little sense to name Burrow.. Your earn "C's" .. don;t think he has earned it yet.. 

Burrow will earn it...
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 04:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow will earn it...

I think he already has.  Anyone who's ever played on a team knows the naming of captains is not something that is taken lightly.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 04:16 PM)McC Wrote: I think he already has.  Anyone who's ever played on a team knows the naming of captains is not something that is taken lightly.

Absolutely.

Not to toot my own horn, but I always hustled, made the correct decisions, encouraged my teammates/lead them and played exemplary on the baseball field, 24/7: there was a reason I was named team captain for my 2 years of high school and 4 of my final 5 years of community ball, despite the fact I was usually not the oldest player/most seasoned (I only was in my final year of both leagues) or the best player on my team (though I was always one of the three best; always someone better).

With Burrow, I see/hear:

- constant hustle
- exemplary play
- leadership (calling out players when necessary and encouraging when warranted)
- leads by example

I keep telling my wife how he is something special as a human being and a football player, even if he doesn't tear up the league statistically, he will always put us in a position to win and will constantly improve/look for ways to improve.

Excitement isn't even close to the word I'd use to describe what I'm feeling for Sunday and beyond Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 04:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Excitement isn't even close to the word I'd use to describe what I'm feeling for Sunday and beyond Big Grin

You and me both, brother. And I expect all of us.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bynes is missed by Ravens fans

No he isn't.

But even if he is who cares.  Fans here thought Peko was trash and Christian Westerman was going to be a starter in the NFL.

I don't really understand why some players become fan favorites or whipping boys.  It usually does not have a lot to do with how they play on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 04:16 PM)McC Wrote: I think he already has. 

If the players voted on it you can't say he hasn't.

There is no electoral college bullshit in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 02:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So is this a complete vote by players or just selected by coaches, or both?

this is how they did the vote according to Zac

"We had offensive players vote for two guys on offense and one special teams player. On defense, they voted for two defensive players and a special teamer," said head coach Zac Taylor, who is pretty sure he's never had a rookie captain during his coaching career"

Reply/Quote
The local radio hack here in Dayton was shitting on Joe Burrow for the way he carries himself, and speaks. He also said he hadn't earned this... Apparently a vote is worthless to him. It's not a big deal anyway... He gets to call the coin flip.

Also the local host here is garbage, and a vocal Browns fan.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.

Yes he is, they said so lol
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 07:46 PM)jason Wrote: The local radio hack here in Dayton was shitting on Joe Burrow for the way he carries himself, and speaks. He also said he hadn't earned this... Apparently a vote is worthless to him. It's not a big deal anyway... He gets to call the coin flip.

Also the local host here is garbage, and a vocal Browns fan.

Idiot.

Just a jealous idiot. We will kick his team's ass with Burrow for years to come.
Reply/Quote