Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team captains?
(09-09-2020, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Idiot.

Just a jealous idiot. We will kick his team's ass with Burrow for years to come.

He's so bad... I don't even listen to the guy, but just happened to catch the tail end of his show today... It's clearly trolling. He was literally mocking Burrow. I bet you could look it up and hear it yourself.

Justin Kinner Show 1410 ESPN radio.... It's in the last 10 minutes or so. Don't subject yourself to 3 hours of bad radio.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 07:18 PM)pally Wrote: this is how they did the vote according to Zac

"We had offensive players vote for two guys on offense and one special teams player. On defense, they voted for two defensive players and a special teamer," said head coach Zac Taylor, who is pretty sure he's never had a rookie captain during his coaching career"

This group of Bengals has been missing leadership at the QB position for a long long time. Honestly, the Bengals as a whole org hasn't had genuine leadership at QB for decades.

To see the players come out and get behind the QB, as it should be, is really telling. Like, they couldn't wait to do it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:23 AM)PDub80 Wrote: This group of Bengals has been missing leadership at the QB position for a long long time. Honestly, the Bengals as a whole org hasn't had genuine leadership at QB for decades.

To see the players come out and get behind the QB, as it should be, is really telling. Like, they couldn't wait to do it.

This is not True at all Andy Dalton was elected captain by his teammates.

Are you claiming to know more about who is a leader on the team than the players themselves?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 08:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he is, they said so lol

Link?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Cannot believe how you can miss all these things Fred, but back when we brought in Bynes I saw at least 2 vids of Ravens fans
pissed that Bynes left. I am not going back half a year to find them....
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot believe how you can miss all these things Fred, but back when we brought in Bynes I saw at least 2 vids of Ravens fans
pissed that Bynes left. I am not going back half a year to find them....

There were Bengal fans who were upset when Chase Coffman left.

There were Bengals fans who were happy when Justin Smith left.

That means nothing.

But the most ridiculous part of this entire discussion is that you guy are so obsessed with Vigil that you brought all this crap up again. And now we have Pdub brining up Dalton.  You guys are more into hating Bengals than liking them.
Reply/Quote
Wearing his game day jersey at practice today.

Captain's C is on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
More into hating on bad former Bengals...it's quite easy to do...

Here come the stats in 3, 2 ,1...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There were Bengal fans who were upset when Chase Coffman left.

That means nothing.

But the most ridiculous part of this entire discussion is that you guy are so obsessed with Vigil that you brought all this crap up again. And now we have Pdub brining up Dalton.  You guys are more into hating Bengals than liking them.

Nope, just praising the present Bengals unlike you who likes to hate on Bynes. Cool

(09-10-2020, 04:16 PM)JSR18 Wrote: More into hating on bad former Bengals...it's quite easy to do...

Here come the stats in 3, 2 ,1...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not True at all Andy Dalton was elected captain by his teammates.

Are you claiming to know more about who is a leader on the team than the players themselves?

I didn't say "elected captain". I said leadership. Carson Palmer was elected Bengals captain 5 times, I think? Did that make him a great leader? Clearly he wasn't... he quit on them.

And Dalton wasn't a captain as a rookie. Burrow is, and that is a huge.

The Dalton leadership wagon crashed & burned with these gems. Make sure your sound is up so you can hear the life sucked out of the team followed by their "I don't give a flying F@$%" response. This "leadership" is pitiful.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There were Bengal fans who were upset when Chase Coffman left.

That means nothing.

I think you're making that Chase Coffman shit up

I also think you're embellishing that Smith shit, but you're so obsessed with it that you always trot it out. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I didn't say "elected captain". I said leadership. Carson Palmer was elected Bengals captain 5 times, I think? Did that make him a great leader? Clearly he wasn't... he quit on them.

And Dalton wasn't a captain as a rookie. Burrow is, and that is a huge.

The Dalton leadership wagon crashed & burned with these gems. Make sure your sound is up so you can hear the life sucked out of the team followed by their "I don't give a flying F@$%" response. This "leadership" is pitiful.

2nd video #AD Leadership

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not True at all Andy Dalton was elected captain by his teammates.

And just so others can compare and contrast, this is hoe Joey B gets them ready... even just for a practice...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The Dalton leadership wagon crashed & burned with these gems. Make sure your sound is up so you can hear the life sucked out of the team followed by their "I don't give a flying F@$%" response. This "leadership" is pitiful.

Anyone who thinks leadership is about squealing out a pregame speech has never played football.

Leadership is about what happens on the practice field, in meetings, over the offseason, in the huddle, and in the lockerroom.

You have absolutely no clue who the best leaders are on the team because you are not part of the team.

How many videos do you have of Whitworth giving a pre game speech?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I also think you're embellishing that Smith shit,

You have got to be kidding me.  Wrern't you here when the biggest debates on this board were about how Bustin Smith would not even start for most teams?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who thinks leadership is about squealing out a pregame speech has never played football.

Leadership is about what happens on the practice field, in meetings, over the offseason, and in the lockerroom.

You have absolutely no clue who the best lkeaders are on the team because you are not part of the team.

It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a bad leader if you’re not good at that stuff, but you also can’t discount it either. If you don’t think guys like Ray Lewis got his team so pumped up they were ready to run through a wall then you’re just being disingenuous.

I personally don’t think Dalton or Palmer were good leaders. Even when I was a massive fan of Palmer one thing I didn’t like was how laidback he was. I don’t need to see my QB carrying on like a maniac, but I do want to see more than Dalton or Palmer ever brought.

I can’t imagine Joe Burrow laughing on the sidelines during a playoff game in which he had thrown multiple interceptions. Or threatening to retire if he doesn’t get his way.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I personally don’t think Dalton or Palmer were good leaders. 

Of course you don't.  You hated Dalton.  But as I haver already pointed out your personal opinion does not mean shit because you were not a part of the team and have no idea what kind of leader he was.

Like I said, let's see all your videos of Whitworth giving pre game speeches.

(09-10-2020, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or threatening to retire if he doesn’t get his way.

He ran out of Columbus with his tail between his legs when he didn't get his way.  Why wouldn't he do it here?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you don't.  You hated Dalton.  But as I haver already pointed out your personal opinion does not mean shit because you were not a part of the team and have no idea what kind of leader he was.

He ran out of Columbus with his tail between his legs when he didn't get his way.  Why wouldn't he do it here?

No I didn’t “hate” Dalton. That’s absolutely false. There was a few years there where I thought he was pretty decent. The worse he got the more I called him out though. To you and the rest of the Dalton Gang that equaled “HATER!!” As far as Whit’s hype videos he at least showed some fire and passion on the field. Dalton often looked like it was in a pickup game at his church picnic more than an NFL game against a hated rival or primetime/playoffs. I don’t want my QB praying with the enemy. I want him to be out to “steal their souls” like Burrow is all about.

And what a ridiculous comparison. Was Russell Wilson or any other QB that transferred a quitter too? Burrow leaving as a FA would be world’s different from refusing to play like Palmer did. You claim some of us like to “hate” players more than we actually like the team, well you clearly like to start shit and argue more than you actually like the team. Criticizing Burrow for transferring is borderline trolling, and you should be embarrassed with how weak your argument is.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you don't.  You hated Dalton.  But as I haver already pointed out your personal opinion does not mean shit because you were not a part of the team and have no idea what kind of leader he was.

If his personal opinion does not mean shit, then neither does yours or anybody else's.  So, what your saying is...close this board down and everyone like it cuz if you didn't play in the NFL, you have no right to talk about it.

Mods, might as well shut this shit down.  We do not have the right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:09 AM)McC Wrote: If his personal opinion does not mean shit, then neither does yours or anybody else's.  So, what your saying is...close this board down and everyone like it cuz if you didn't play in the NFL, you have no right to talk about it.

No.  I only said our opinions don't matter on issues that only players would know like what happens in the lockerroom and in meetings that we have no clue about.

There is plenty of stuff that happens on the filed and in free agency and the draft that we can see and talk about.

Whatever happened to reading comprehension?
Reply/Quote