Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team held WR Free Agent Workout
(10-30-2022, 07:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sorry yes those are trade prospects not FAs.

You get the point.

Gotcha gotcha. It would have to be a pretty low asking price for any of them honestly. Like no more than a 6th to make it a worthwhile trade, in my opinion at least. Not that they aren't better than our back ups but we're trying to get them to still be our 3rd at best WR and probably 4th/5th option behind Boyd, Higgins, and either Mixon or Hurst. 
Reply/Quote
Someone said John Ross Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 09:59 AM)pally Wrote: We saw them for about 45 minutes over 3 pre-season games.  The coaches have seen them play in every practice. As much as we would like to see one player or another, I am willing to concede the coaches probably have a better idea of who is better to fill a role on the roster on any given Sunday

^This we sometimes get caught up into thinking the coaches suck, and sometimes it seems that way. Yet there are only 32 NFL Head coaches in the world, so as reluctant as I am at times I’ll trust their judgement. They know what they have waiting behind the starters better than we do. I hope.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guess my point is that there are still 10 more games to play...  fingers crossed, possibly more.

If there is a guy like Marvin Jones out there, maybe they should give up as high as a 4th rd pick.

Super Bowl runs aren't a guarantee by any means but to get there again with Burrow on a rookie contract would be worth it.

At least in my opinion.

This isn't just about losing Chase for possibly 4 games BTW.

I seriously want this team to be proactive when both the Browns and Steelers are flailing as well.

Oh I agree. The next 2 years are our best window. If we were to be going for it though via trade I would want us to be going for more than a 3rd/4th WR though. I think there's a lot better we could go for to give us the extra edge than that. I'm not against giving up a 4th l but would want it to be for something more important. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: Oh I agree. The next 2 years are our best window. If we were to be going for it though via trade I would want us to be going for more than a 3rd/4th WR though. I think there's a lot better we could go for to give us the extra edge than that. I'm not against giving up a 4th l but would want it to be for something more important. 

Gotcha.  Marvin Jones might not be a great example.  His contract is kind of pricey(his cap hit doubles next season Shocked  )and he's old.

I would love for them to add some better depth in other areas too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 10:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We would likely have to throw in a pick, and the Bengals are very leery of doing that.  I, for one, would love the 6'3" speedy Marshall on the team, though.  

I don't care about his lack of success in Carolina.  That is where offenses go to die.  

Plus he has some chemistry with Joe. I will take my chances pairing Joe up with another of his college teammates.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:16 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Plus he has some chemistry with Joe. I will take my chances pairing Joe up with another of his college teammates.

Yep. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:16 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Plus he has some chemistry with Joe. I will take my chances pairing Joe up with another of his college teammates.

Marshall looked good today. 4 catches for 87 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 08:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: Marshall looked good today. 4 catches for 87 yards.

Amazing what some better QB play and OC work can do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
WTH were they doing all pre-season long? At this point in the season, they should have ready their player alternate checklist ready to make a call. THe only thing they have to check is are they healthy and fit.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 08:36 PM)jeremydc Wrote: The Carman for Marshall trade idea is solid… I thought the Panthers were trying to tank? Come on, do it !

Yeah, this is what I am still hoping for, a trade for Terrace Marshall and if Carman can't cut it like it seems might as well
get something for him. Have been pushing for DeDe Westbrook all year but he doesn't have chemistry with Burrow like 
Marshall does. I liked what I saw of Victor Bolden in the USFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 06:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just don't include me in this thought.

None of the guys on this list does more than be 3rd probably 4th WR 

If a WR that is trade worthy out there who doesn't have a huge contract...  I'll take it.

Burrow still playing on rookie contract and pushing for division makes me want more than hoping "Chase will miss like 4 games".

Even a 3rd WR is pushing it. Yes probably 4th or 5th. A lot of these guys aren't playing on their current teams.

I think Westbrook is a decent option...but he's like 29 now. And his best years were like 600 yards that happened several years ago. Chances are he wouldn't move the needle.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even a 3rd WR is pushing it. Yes probably 4th or 5th. A lot of these guys aren't playing on their current teams.

I think Westbrook is a decent option...but he's like 29 now. And his best years were like 600 yards that happened several years ago. Chances are he wouldn't move the needle.

Westbrook could be a good 3rd WR option (4th once Chase is back). His stats were pretty similar to Marvin Jones through each of their 3 first years getting playing time. 

I'm not sure what has happened to him since the ACL but obviously his career has not gone the same way as Jones. The Vikings offered him a contract this year after doing a tryout but he declined. Not sure if the Bengals will or what he's looking for. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 06:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of laughable. With Chase out like 4 games...it's panic time to start looking at undrafted WRs, etc. 

If we had Chase against the Browns, I still think we would have lost that game. You are not fixing a coaching issue by bringing in players. 

We are starting to see coaches out coach Zac let us hope he can right the ship, but the Browns got his number so he will have to stop that at some point.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 03:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My apologies.

I didn't mean the guys listed in the workout.

More so guys like the other FAs listed out there.

Such as a Marvin Jones, Terrace Marshall, Elijah Moore.

Chase very well could be put out for the whole season at any point.

Tee has issues he's working through.

Hurst as well.

If one of those guys go down there is a HUGE drop off in talent at key positions.

Yes, keeping two guys at WR that can't catch the ball and play WR but are basically special team's guys are biting us hard.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, keeping two guys at WR that can't catch the ball and play WR but are basically special team's guys are biting us hard.

Wide open Michael Thomas dropping a pass. 

Evans makes a fine 26yd grab.  Yet we never see him again.

Coaches of course see things us fans don't.

But what the hell is it?!?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wide open Michael Thomas dropping a pass. 

Evans makes a fine 26yd grab.  Yet we never see him again.

Coaches of course see things us fans don't.

But what the hell is it?!?

Evans after the catch it was as if coach put him on the bus back to cincy lol crazy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:41 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Evans after the catch it was as if coach put him on the bus back to cincy lol crazy

Hurst is a ghost until 1:45 left in the half.

Wilcox sighting.

Hurst makes grabs in 2nd half when the team is dug into a hole.

It just seems so disjointed.

Someone doesn't know how to connect the dots.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2022, 04:11 PM)TheFan Wrote: Westbrook could be a good 3rd WR option (4th once Chase is back). His stats were pretty similar to Marvin Jones through each of their 3 first years getting playing time. 

I'm not sure what has happened to him since the ACL but obviously his career has not gone the same way as Jones. The Vikings offered him a contract this year after doing a tryout but he declined. Not sure if the Bengals will or what he's looking for. 

2019 was the last time he was productive and he's soon to be 29.

He's worth a look...but I don't expect much.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hurst is a ghost until 1:45 left in the half.

Wilcox sighting.

Hurst makes grabs in 2nd half when the team is dug into a hole.

It just seems so disjointed.

Someone doesn't know how to connect the dots.

Such a true statement on Hurst... Coach may not know his players that well if we utilize Hurst.. more it would open up the offense 
Reply/Quote