Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team held WR Free Agent Workout
(10-29-2022, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, when you're 5'10" 185 it sux. 

Trent Taylor ran a 4.63 and he's on the team Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 01:17 AM)pulses Wrote: Trent Taylor ran a 4.63 and he's on the team Hilarious Hilarious

At least he's doing something for the team and is 7th in the league in punt return average. 

People rightly called out how bad our WR room was after our 3 at the beginning of the season and have been proved right. This is why you don't have people who are on the team for blocking, like Mike Thomas, as your #4 WR. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 10:07 AM)TheFan Wrote: At least he's doing something for the team and is 7th in the league in punt return average. 

People rightly called out how bad our WR room was after our 3 at the beginning of the season and have been proved right. This is why you don't have people who are on the team for blocking, like Mike Thomas, as your #4 WR. 

I totally agree!  Thomas should have been cut a couple of years ago IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:21 PM)pulses Wrote: I totally agree!  Thomas should have been cut a couple of years ago IMO.

He must have some incriminating pictures on somebody to keep sticking on the roster. 

Although sadly believe he is the best of the 3 back ups. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He must have some incriminating pictures on somebody to keep sticking on the roster. 

I don't think you're wrong, buts it's gross that it's even close to being true, if its not right. The dude has 2 receptions on 9 targets this year and a career catch percentage under 50%.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 06:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sweet, at least they're kicking the tires.

... Some bald ass tires.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He must have some incriminating pictures on somebody to keep sticking on the roster. 

I think we should've kept Lassiter and Pryor on the 53 this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 07:45 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is the most likely route they take.

I just don't think it's very wise long term.

They need to prepare for the worst, instead of hoping for the best scenario.

Oh well.  Someday fools will learn.

none of those guys listed in the tryouts were long term solutions
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:11 AM)pulses Wrote: I think we should've kept Lassiter and Pryor on the 53 this year.

Thought Pryor's 4.37 forty time coupled with he looked to have very good hands in pre-season would have been something the coaches could have worked with personally. 

yet I'm no coach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 03:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My apologies.

I didn't mean the guys listed in the workout.

More so guys like the other FAs listed out there.

Such as a Marvin Jones, Terrace Marshall, Elijah Moore.

Chase very well could be put out for the whole season at any point.

Tee has issues he's working through.

Hurst as well.

If one of those guys go down there is a HUGE drop off in talent at key positions.

(11-03-2022, 08:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: none of those guys listed in the tryouts were long term solutions

Man you really didn't read all of the posts in this thread.

Instead of repeating what I meant I just reposted my follow up.

Most of those guys weren't answers either as trade acquisitions not FAs.

I still would've been intrigued by the Terrace Marshall one though.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought Pryor's 4.37 forty time coupled with he looked to have very good hands in pre-season would have been something the coaches could have worked with personally. 

yet I'm no coach

I agree and Lassiter was just as quick as Pryor.
Reply/Quote