Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team made offer to Shaq Barrett
League sack leader Shaq Barrett had 2 offers in free agency. One was from the Bengals. Obviously, he chose the other one. Bucs gave him a 1 year $4 million base up to 5. In this case I can't see it coming down to the money so it had to be the intangibles.

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/22888/nfl-sack-leader-shaq-barrett-becomes-bucs-unexpected-star-on-defense

This is what he said

Barrett only had two offers in free agency this spring -- from the Bucs and the Cincinnati Bengals -- settling on a one-year prove-it deal with Tampa Bay worth $4 million and a chance to become a starter. He spent much of the spring splitting first-team reps with Noah Spence on the right side.

"I just wanted a chance to prove my worth," Barrett said. "Any interest is better than no interest. I’m just happy that somebody wanted me. That’s all I wanted -- somebody to want me, to feel wanted and to come down here and try to earn a spot.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:28 AM)pally Wrote: League sack leader Shaq Barrett had 2 offers in free agency. One was from the Bengals. Obviously, he chose the other one. Bucs gave him a 1 year $4 million base up to 5. In this case I can't see it coming down to the money so it had to be the intangibles.

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/22888/nfl-sack-leader-shaq-barrett-becomes-bucs-unexpected-star-on-defense

This is what he said

Barrett only had two offers in free agency this spring -- from the Bucs and the Cincinnati Bengals -- settling on a one-year prove-it deal with Tampa Bay worth $4 million and a chance to become a starter. He spent much of the spring splitting first-team reps with Noah Spence on the right side.

"I just wanted a chance to prove my worth," Barrett said. "Any interest is better than no interest. I’m just happy that somebody wanted me. That’s all I wanted -- somebody to want me, to feel wanted and to come down here and try to earn a spot.”

Kinda hard to compete with Fla anyway when it comes to taxes.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:28 AM)pally Wrote: League sack leader Shaq Barrett had 2 offers in free agency.  One was from the Bengals.  Obviously, he chose the other one.  Bucs gave him  a 1 year $4 million base up to 5.  In this case I can't see it coming down to the money so it had to be the intangibles.

This is what he said

Ouch He figured with our depth at the position he figured it might be an uphill battle to make the team.
Reply/Quote
Nothing like good updates early in the morning. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
We knew he got offered a deal. I doubt he'd have 8 sacks through 3 games here though.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We knew he got offered a deal. I doubt he'd have 8 sacks through 3 games here though.

Buccs have as much talent as anyone in the league and yet they are 1-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:58 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Buccs have as much talent as anyone in the league and yet they are 1-2.

Their issues are at QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their issues are at QB.

Hmmmm
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their issues are at QB.

Dont forget K. Trade Jameis for Dalton think we both have same records? Put Jameis on Bengals were 2-1 right now. Put Dalton on Bucce they probably would be 3-0. 
Reply/Quote
Story of the Bengals life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't see the issue here, they tried to add depth he chose somewhere else. Our pass rushers really aren't horrible, Hubbard and Dunlap have played well on the outside so far this year.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I'm more salty about the Kwon Alexander thing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Todd Bowles is a more tempting DC to play for than Lou Anarumo, so there is that.
Reply/Quote
Not really a need tbh. Lawson is the biggest enigma on this team. He looks and grades like a guy who is going to be a dominant pass rusher, and simply hasn't produced
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont forget K. Trade Jameis for Dalton think we both have same records? Put Jameis on Bengals were 2-1 right now. Put Dalton on Bucce they probably would be 3-0. 

HAHAHAHHAHA - I live on the other side of the bay from Tampa and I can tell you that Jameis is nothing special, more of a hindrance than an asset. We'd still be 0-3, but with less passing yards and more INTs.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: HAHAHAHHAHA - I live on the other side of the bay from Tampa and I can tell you that Jameis is nothing special, more of a hindrance than an asset. We'd still be 0-3, but with less passing yards and more INTs.

And by default...less moral victories!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont forget K. Trade Jameis for Dalton think we both have same records? Put Jameis on Bengals were 2-1 right now. Put Dalton on Bucce they probably would be 3-0. 
How do you see us being 2-1 with the most turnover prone qb in the nfl?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Dalton's main weakness really hurts him here. He cannot extend plays even a worse passer like Cam or Jameis would be better here. The problem isn't Dalton its not having a good offensiveline. Bills line is bad but their qb can extend plays ours can't. Dalton is a top 5 passing qb. but his pocket awareness and ability to extend plays makes him mediocre . Only way for Dalton to compensate is to become a gunslinger Like Philip Rivers
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton's main weakness really hurts him here. He cannot extend plays even a worse passer like Cam or Jameis would be better here. The problem isn't Dalton its not having a good offensiveline.

Yep. And with a bad offensive line you can't setup to throw as well, so arm strength becomes an issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:31 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda hard to compete with Fla anyway when it comes to taxes.

And scenery. 

(09-24-2019, 11:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Their issues are at QB.

Yeah, just at a glance without knowing a ton about the bucs this year, but I think heading into the season they looked like the better of the two defenses. If you are going somewhere to get somewhere else or a bigger deal, go with the team that will make you look better.
Reply/Quote