Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
TeamPitts
Pitts
2nd Tevin Jenkins
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 08:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And drafting Pitts or Chase doesn't guarantee completions.

Sure Sewell doesn't guarantee Burrow being protected, but taking Sewell and Eichenberg 1-2 sure makes it a whole lot better odds than not taking them.

I don't really see where Eichenberg would help if we took Sewell in round 1.  We would have 3 guys that could play tackle with Sewell, I would lean OG/C if Sewell we got Sewell.
Reply/Quote
To the "No to Pitts because we don't use a TE" crew:

On 21 NOV 21 we played the Pittsburgh Steelers. We threw the ball 40 times and ran 21 times

On 23 DEC 21 we played the same team. We threw the ball 13 rimes and ran 41 times.

Why did we do this?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really see where Eichenberg would help if we took Sewell in round 1.  We would have 3 guys that could play tackle with Sewell, I would lean OG/C if Sewell we got Sewell.

Jonah has completed 8 games and only played in 10 games in 2 years with 3 different injuries.
Reiff is 33, only here for 1 year, and hasn't played 16 games since 2015.
Spain is here for just 1 year.
XSF has missed at least 5 games each of the last 3 years.

Can always add more good OL. Also Ts (whichever ones) can move in to G for a year. Worked for Whit. I just don't trust Jonah.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Am in the want to draft OL camp as usual. But do not believe the Bengals will go this way unfortunately.

Yet have nothing bad to say about Pitts or Chase who I think will both be great and nice additions to the Bengals roster.

Pitts would be a great target on "Hot" reads for sure though, which may be very necessary if not bolstering the OL.

Am going to be happy with any of the 3 argued

Am also ok if Bengals like someone comparable to Sewell and trade down a few spots to acquire an extra 2nd. But only if the plan is to take OL with 1st round pick because do not see Chase or Pitts lasting a very long after we pick.

Nervously excited about seeing the direction chosen.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Would like to say Rest in Peace to the man in my avatar pic as well

and one of my very favorite coaches ever Mr. Howard Schnellenberger.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If Pitts is Megatron then you take him with the faith that Detroit had. They didn't let the backlash of taking a WR a 3rd straight year alter making the right pick. If Pitts is Megatron, you pick him over the Chemistry and appeasement for Burrow or the thirst to address OL first.

I do think Cincy is capable of using him correctly, I think he shows Megatron potential...I just don't know if he is their guy. If they take him at 5 that will be a refreshing stealth move for the FO if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:16 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: For what it is worth, my friend is a run game coordinator at a team I won't name. He was also the raiders TE coach last year and also has been an oline coach in the past. I asked his thoughts and he said the Bengals should take Pitts and that he and burrow would wreak havoc. Just fwiw. I'm under the impression he'll be gone at 4. He is also heavily involved in the draft process. I remember asking him about sample after that draft and he had a second round grade on him as well.

Why...don't you want to name the Chargers?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why...don't you want to name the Chargers?

lol...figured someone would figure it out but was hoping to offer him a little anonymity.  He was my college roommate/teamate. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:36 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: lol...figured someone would figure it out but was hoping to offer him a little anonymity.  He was my college roommate/teamate. 

Well, you did mention that he coached TEs in Vegas last year. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, you did mention that he coached TEs in Vegas last year. Ninja

I thought about leaving that out, but it showed he has the perspective of coaching a freak TE that changes the offense and defensive game plan. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really see where Eichenberg would help if we took Sewell in round 1.  We would have 3 guys that could play tackle with Sewell, I would lean OG/C if Sewell we got Sewell.

Eichenberg could play tackle when:
1. Jonah goes down.
2. We move jonah inside to try and preserve his career.
3. We move reiff inside cause we need a guard too 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:36 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: lol...figured someone would figure it out but was hoping to offer him a little anonymity.  He was my college roommate/teamate. 

I'm not going to point it out, but with this info there is a very noteworthy person Bengals fans may want to ask you about.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not going to point it out, but with this info there is a very noteworthy person Bengals fans may want to ask you about.

Yeah...that guy was also on the team...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 06:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How's it so ridiculous? Every year there are 6'0 190-200lb guys that put up big numbers.  Not all of them get drafted in the top 10 (although there have been several instances where 2-3 WRs have gone in the top 10) and more often than not, the guys drafted that high just don't pan out.

I'm not sure why people think Chase is this once in a decade type guy, he's just not.  Hell, there's 2 other guys in this year's draft that are comparable.

His production isn't "big numbers", but the biggest numbers for a WR in NCAA history, and he did it in the SEC.  His "other" numbers:  4.38 speed, 3.99 short shuttle (fastest in the draft)  41" vertical, 11' broad jump, and 22 (!) reps of 225 lbs.  That is an explosiveness score (vertical + broad + reps of 225) of 74, which is absurd for a WR.  He averaged over 20 yards per reception and had a near-perfect 99 rating on passes traveling over 20 yards downfield.  

Show me a WR from the past 20 years that has near that kind of production and testing.  It shouldn't be hard given that "every year there are guys like that that put up big numbers".  
Reply/Quote
I’m the biggest Gator fan you’ll ever meet and therefore a huge Pitts fan.

I love Pitts. But this team simply cannot pass up Sewell. They just can’t.

Which, of course, means they will. Pitts is the only alternative to Sewell I can tolerate because he’s a unique, one of a kind player.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 10:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jonah has completed 8 games and only played in 10 games in 2 years with 3 different injuries.
Reiff is 33, only here for 1 year, and hasn't played 16 games since 2015.
Spain is here for just 1 year.
XSF has missed at least 5 games each of the last 3 years.

Can always add more good OL. Also Ts (whichever ones) can move in to G for a year. Worked for Whit. I just don't trust Jonah.

Which is why you don't mess and around and you take Sewell.  The fact that they ignored IOL in free agency will come back to bite them in this draft.

Ideally you would get a guy that can play both, I don't see Eichenbrug as a guy like that
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:41 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Which is why you don't mess and around and you take Sewell.  The fact that they ignored IOL in free agency will come back to bite them in this draft.

Ideally you would get a guy that can play both, I don't see Eichenbrug as a guy like that

I’m guessing you think he’ll have to play OG because of his arm length?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm Pitts>Chase>Sewell, but that's primarily because of the talent difference between these guys and their Day 2 counterparts.

This HAS to be taken into account. Don't understand the all Sewell or nothing crowd...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 12:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This HAS to be taken into account. Don't understand the all Sewell or nothing crowd...

It has to do with fear Burrow will go on IR again.
That mindset is "get the best OL possible to reduce the risk as much as possible."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote