Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams cut to 53 MEGA Thread
(09-02-2016, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nate has it right.

Why do they have to do either? The Bengals had 4 RB last year and many years previously and they were perfectly fine.

They don't have to go short on WR or OL, because their plan had always been to go 4 RB. It was going to be Peerman, then he broke his arm and it was going to Carson. Instead you just give it to Herron.

Not sure why you're trying to overthink it or make this way harder than it needs to be, Sunset. It's just a straight RB for RB swap roster-wise. Lol

For some reason I was thinking that they were going to only keep 3 RB, because of injuries at TE were forcing them to keep 4 TE. 

Wasn't trying to be deliberately obtuse, just was having trouble remembering how many of each position they typically keep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have been following his status for a while.  I thought he would make the roster after the Titans traded Green-Beckham, but He still didn't make it.

Some team will grab him quickly.  He would definitely improve our roster.

Career 68 rec, 1116 yds, 16.4 avg.

6'4", 200 lb freak athlete.  4.4 forty, 40" vert, 11'4" long jump

This guy always intrigued me as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For some reason I was thinking that they were going to only keep 3 RB, because of injuries at TE were forcing them to keep 4 TE. 

Wasn't trying to be deliberately obtuse, just was having trouble remembering how many of each position they typically keep.

All good.   ThumbsUp

Looks like they'll just keep the 3 TE and then have Hewitt contribute at TE as well. Probably try to put Lengel on the PS.

Yeah, normally roll with 4 RB, 3 TE, 1 HB/FB and I don't think that number changes this year.

They did go 5 WR last year, and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Bengals go 5 WR again with AJ/LaFell/Boyd/Core/Erickson. Wright probably had a chance at forcing them to go 6 WR, but he hasn't exactly been impressive with 5 catches/39 yards (7.8 AVG) in 4 games. I think he has one final year of PS eligibility, but even if he doesn't he hasn't made it painful to think of him being gone.

- - - - -- - - - - - -
EDIT: I wouldn't mind kicking someone else off the roster if the Bengals can pick up Justin Hunter and go with 6 WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Titans released RB Bishop Sankey. I'd probably gamble on Mallaciah Goodman or Kroy Bierman over Margus Hunt at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Titans released RB Bishop Sankey. I'd probably gamble on Mallaciah Goodman or Kroy Bierman over Margus Hunt at this point. 

Saw that and think Sankey will get a job somewhere and do well.

Not sure I see much of a difference between Goodman and Hunt. I'd take Bierman over Hunt in a heartbeat, though his face looks supremely punchable.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nate has it right. 

Why do they have to do either? The Bengals had 4 RB last year and many years previously and they were perfectly fine.

They don't have to go short on WR or OL, because their plan had always been to go 4 RB. It was going to be Peerman, then he broke his arm and it was going to Carson. Instead you just give it to Herron.

Not sure why you're trying to overthink it or make this way harder than it needs to be, Sunset. It's just a straight RB for RB swap roster-wise. Lol

Hands down I would make Carson my 4th rb.He has earned it and to me he is as good as both our starters.Look how this guy played last night with the second string line.I mean put him with the starting O-line and this guy can smoke it.He has really fast feet,sees the hole super good and is really really fast.I would not hesitate to put him in when our starters need a blow.,Iam telling all ,this guy is a player.Do not lose him and forget herron,but do go after Hunter.With our locker room and all that he will come around on any issues he may have,but if he is injured its a no go.We shall see,but I am all for Tra Carson,from texas a and m.love the guy.He played his ass off last night and last week as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:31 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hands down I would make Carson my 4th rb.He has earned it and to me he is as good as both our starters.Look how this guy played last night with the second string line.I mean put him with the starting O-line and this guy can smoke it.He has really fast feet,sees the hole super good and is really really fast.I would not hesitate to put him in when our starters need a blow.,Iam telling all ,this guy is a player.Do not lose him and forget herron,but do go after Hunter.With our locker room and all that he will come around on any issues he may have,but if he is injured its a no go.We shall see,but I am all for Tra Carson,from texas a and m.love the guy.He played his ass off last night and last week as well.

....how?

He's averaged 2.4 YPC this preseason. Last night he averaged 3.0 YPC and had a fumble that he lost and that's against all 2nd and 3rd team players.

None of that screams "this guy has earned a roster spot", let alone your claim that he's as good as both Giovani Bernard and Jeremy Hill.

.....Tra, is that you? Maybe Mrs Carson? Tra's agent? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw that and think Sankey will get a job somewhere and do well.

Not sure I see much of a difference between Goodman and Hunt. I'd take Bierman over Hunt in a heartbeat, though his face looks supremely punchable.

You may be right about Hunt and Goodman, but at this point I think I know what I'll see out of Hunt. At least with Goodman I have hope I'll see more. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ....how?

He's averaged 2.4 YPC this preseason. Last night he averaged 3.0 YPC and had a fumble that he lost and that's against all 2nd and 3rd team players.

None of that screams "this guy has earned a roster spot", let alone your claim that he's as good as both Giovani Bernard and Jeremy Hill.

.....Tra, is that you? Maybe Mrs Carson? Tra's agent? Ninja

To be fair, that's also with our 2nd and 3rd string Oline. Neither Gio nor Jeremy could do much behind those scrubs either. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:36 PM)Shady Wrote: To be fair, that's also with our 2nd and 3rd string Oline. Neither Gio nor Jeremy could do much behind those scrubs either. 

Not sure you can say to be fair when he is saying that a guy with a 2.4 YPC in the preseason as a 5th string RB is as good as Giovani Bernard and Jeremy Hill.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 22
Not sure you can say to be fair when he is saying that a guy with a 2.4 YPC in the preseason as a 5th string RB is as good as Giovani Bernard and Jeremy Hill.

To be fair, that's pretty far fetched. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Hunt will make the team and get an extention.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 08:36 PM)Shady Wrote: To be fair, that's also with our 2nd and 3rd string Oline. Neither Gio nor Jeremy could do much behind those scrubs either. 

Speaking of scrubs...I thought the team has collected really good players over the past several years. So how come there is such a noticeable (BIG) drop-off when the first team and rotational players are not in the game?
Reply/Quote
The majority playing the game last night wont even be on the team. Our 53 man roster is pretty damn good. The other 22-37 were a pretty lousy bunch
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 10:06 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Hunt will make the  team and get an extention.

Make the team? Probably

Get an extension? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Let him go into the wild blue yonder of the hills of Estonia and draft a couple of DEs next year.

Reply/Quote

Yep he has had to earn everything he has got on his own. 

When he gets behind his pads he is a handful to tackle and always falls forward.  

He may not be Hill or Gio but believe he is pretty good. 

Bengals have went very vanilla at times when he was playing trying to just get the game over with. 

That and running behind scrub O-line is tough going for any runner. 

May not make cut but hope he does. Tough kid. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:06 PM)Derrick Wrote: Speaking of scrubs...I thought the team has collected really good players over the past several years. So how come there is such a noticeable (BIG) drop-off when the first team and rotational players are not in the game?

My take on this is that the first team and rotational players, plus special teams guys make up the bulk of the 46 man active roster. The balance of the 53 man roster generally consists of injured players and young guys still learning the system. That's not 100% accurate but for the most part that's how filled out the roster is.

All the guys beyond that are the guys who won't make the team, so there's a noticeable drop-off.

There are exceptions where there's a guy on the roster and there's dispute about him even making the team but since we don't seem to have anyone better we keep hanging on to the guy. E.g, Hunt.

There will be some talented guys cut from this roster on Saturday.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 06:31 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hands down I would make Carson my 4th rb.He has earned it and to me he is as good as both our starters.Look how this guy played last night with the second string line.I mean put him with the starting O-line and this guy can smoke it.He has really fast feet,sees the hole super good and is really really fast.I would not hesitate to put him in when our starters need a blow.,Iam telling all ,this guy is a player.Do not lose him and forget herron,but do go after Hunter.With our locker room and all that he will come around on any issues he may have,but if he is injured its a no go.We shall see,but I am all for Tra Carson,from texas a and m.love the guy.He played his ass off last night and last week as well.

Carson made some plays, lost a fumble.

We only have one starter at RB and a good #2 and a decent role player at #3 in Burkhead.

I don't have a problem with the team carrying 4 RBs though as long as the #4 guy is good at teams.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 01:47 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Carson made some plays, lost a fumble.

We only have one starter at RB and a good #2 and a decent role player at #3 in Burkhead.

I don't have a problem with the team carrying 4 RBs though as long as the #4 guy is good at teams.

I'm not sure which of Bernard and Hill is the "one starter," as I would be more than comfortable with either as a full time starter.
Reply/Quote
Bringing back Wilder or Terrell Watson as a 4th RB is possible. Isn't Watson in Cleveland? I don't think they could have ruined him yet, since he has only been there a little while.

I don't know how long it takes to catch.  We Suck. 
Reply/Quote