Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams cut to 53 MEGA Thread
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694974/article/carolina-panthers-cut-fifthround-cb-zack-sanchez

Lewis went to watch him at Oklahoma's pro day. Wonder if we put a claim on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:02 AM)TGISunday Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694974/article/carolina-panthers-cut-fifthround-cb-zack-sanchez

Lewis went to watch him at Oklahoma's pro day.  Wonder if we put a claim on him.

Two questions around him:

1. Who would he be replacing?
  2. Why would the Panthers be willing to cut the cord on a 5th round pick in his rookie season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:06 PM)Derrick Wrote: Speaking of scrubs...I thought the team has collected really good players over the past several years. So how come there is such a noticeable (BIG) drop-off when the first team and rotational players are not in the game?

The 2nd and 3rd team OL looked worse than it should have.  Let's not forget that Fisher and Ogbuihe have been out from being dinged up.  So, what you were looking at actually was a "scrub" OL, complete with guys playing Tackle that most likely are better suited for G/C.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The 2nd and 3rd team OL looked worse than it should have.  Let's not forget that Fisher and Ogbuihe have been out from being dinged up.  So, what you were looking at actually was a "scrub" OL, complete with guys playing Tackle that most likely are better suited for G/C.

Fair point.  If the squad were at full health Winston and Fisher might have been lining up with them...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:52 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fair point.  If the squad were at full health Winston and Fisher might have been lining up with them...

Yes

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
PFT has their tracking pages up now:

AFC
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/pfts-2016-afc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/

NFC
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/pfts-2016-nfc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:15 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Two questions around him:

1. Who would he be replacing?
  2. Why would the Panthers be willing to cut the cord on a 5th round pick in his rookie season?

1. I'm not sure if you've looked at our walking wounded in the secondary lately, so many things are up in the air. C lew's stinger being the latest.
2. They also let Josh Norman walk.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:20 AM)TGISunday Wrote: 1. I'm not sure if you've looked at our walking wounded in the secondary lately, so many things are up in the air. C lew's stinger being the latest.
2. They also let Josh Norman walk.

Didn't know about Lewis-Harris.

As for Norman, it was clear that they were not going to reach an extension, and everything I have seen of him since shows me that he was quickly going to be a malcontent.  So they chose not to forcibly retain his tights for one more year and potentially damage the chemistry in the locker room.  He has moved to D.C. and is quickly becoming a handful there.

That greatly differs from releasing a player who is under contract for four years that you just drafted when you lack depth at that position.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 05:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hoping for a DE to shake free.

Agreed, and I think they missed the boat on Kruger.  Was 10 times the player of Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Shayne Graham is available Ninja
Reply/Quote
Dexter McCluster as 4th RB/Slot WR?

Better than Andrew Hawkins who was our #2 WR in '12.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:29 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't know about Lewis-Harris.

As for Norman, it was clear that they were not going to reach an extension, and everything I have seen of him since shows me that he was quickly going to be a malcontent.  So they chose not to forcibly retain his tights for one more year and potentially damage the chemistry in the locker room.  He has moved to D.C. and is quickly becoming a handful there.

That greatly differs from releasing a player who is under contract for four years that you just drafted when you lack depth at that position.

Just saying...they have a different way of looking at cbs than many teams do. Few teams would have let him walk, they view cb talent a little differently.

We, on the other hand, have more invested there than any other position group, and maybe more than any in the league.

All circling back to your question as to why he was let go.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dexter McCluster as 4th RB/Slot WR?

Better than Andrew Hawkins who was our #2 WR in '12.

Wouldn't be a bad 4th RB, but I would prefer the other RB who the Titans cut in Sankey.

I just don't trust 170 pound RBs.

It is kind of weird that the Titans have released like 2-3 people who I would be interested in adding to the Bengals. Sankey/Hunter.

- - - - - - - - -
Interesting Fact: Andrew Hawkins has a bigger single season high in receiving yards than Marvin Jones. (824 vs 816)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Added to the Justin Hunter discussion: Jarius Wright

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/jarius-wright-likely-on-the-outs-in-minnesota/
http://www.nfl.com/player/jariuswright/2532978/profile

Still better than James Wright. If they sign him, we call that the...   Cool

Wright move to make. 

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals Cuts to 53: S Jimmy Wilson, FB Andrew Bonnet, DE Ryan Brown, RB Tra Carson, C Alex Cooper, DT David Dean, OT Aaron Epps, RB Bronson Hill, CB Darius Hillary, G Trey Hopkins, WR Jake Kumerow, TE Matt Lengel, CB Tony McRae, G Alex Redmond, WR Alonzo Russell, WR Rashaun Simonise, G Trip Thurman, OT John Weidenaar, QB Keith Wenning
Reply/Quote
They seriously kept Hunt and Brown?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They seriously kept Hunt and Brown?

Brown was first cut on second line of my post. Unless you meant hunt over brown in which case yes.
Reply/Quote
I meant Chykie Brown.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Why would they keep Hunt? Hunt is terrible
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 03:41 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why would they keep Hunt? Hunt is terrible

Hardison done for the year so I'm sure that made hunt an easy decision. Not that they ever likely considered cutting him anyway 
Reply/Quote