Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tecmo Super Bowl predicts the uh...Super Bowl
These threads have been a smash hit on the boards, and for obvious reasons. The 1991 classic NES game is not only the best game of all-time, it's also known for being (by far) the most accurate and realistic football simulation.

I have the ROM with updated 2022 rosters.

It's already accurately predicted wins against the Titans and Chiefs. So what does it have to say about the Rams?

Well, it looks like we're in for a bit of a defensive struggle. The Bengals recovered a pair of fumbles in the first half, but couldn't get the offense going at all, settling for a 3-0 lead at half, on a McPherson FG.

We open the 2nd half with a TD from Perine, then lock it down with a 4th quarter TD from Burrow to Chase.

Final Score
Bengals - 17
Rams - 0

Stats
Burrow: 5 of 8 for 76 yards and 1 TD
Stafford: 2 of 5 for 90 yards

Bengals rushing: 13 for 80 yards and a TD
Rams rushing: 19 for 111

Aaron Donald had 4 sacks, but the story of the game was the early turnovers by the Rams, and their insistence on running the football.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pretty amazing that the site that updates the rosters every year had this as the cover art since the season started:

[Image: BURROW.jpg.8760e4c12d9120e6b1fca07736e3e5c3.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Everything looks perfectly accurate given my model projections. Nice work.

Except the Drew Sample touchdown is missing.
Reply/Quote
If that was actually the SB outcome... I'd be through the roof. A win, AND a shutout?? Woof.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 09:34 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Everything looks perfectly accurate given my model projections. Nice work.

Except the Drew Sample touchdown is missing.

Well I had Uzomah playing. He was our leading receiver with 52 yards.

If Sample scored, I'd probably delete the game for being ridiculous. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I had Uzomah playing. He was our leading receiver with 52 yards.

If Sample scored, I'd probably delete the game for being ridiculous. LOL

Pretty sure the game is wrong on this stat because I see Chase stepping up in this game.

Not sure if Chase will be the Bengals leading receiver or not but thinking he will surpass 52 yards for sure. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Expecting some sort of trick play or two that's been in Bengals bag collecting dust too.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Expecting some sort of trick play or two that's been in Bengals bag collecting dust too.

Well, there was an flea flicker sighting, and a reverse to Chase.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, there was an flea flicker sighting, and a reverse to Chase.

True, yet seems Ive seen Chase run a reverse before though.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: True, yet seems Ive seen Chase run a reverse before though.

Well that's about as fancy as Tecmo Bowl gets. Jerry
Reply/Quote
Tecmo Super Bowl yet again brings us good fortune.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well that's about as fancy as Tecmo Bowl gets. Jerry

Lol, man I hope that game is right and the Bengals can shut out the Rams.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Y'all stop it! You getting me all hyped up as if we're guaranteed the super bowl victory. 

STOP! lol

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479nx0p0n7nce5x2n1cx...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
Notice the SB logo is orange...
I thought it was red originally
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/suHMJBAn0EQ

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These threads have been a smash hit on the boards, and for obvious reasons. The 1991 classic NES game is not only the best game of all-time, it's also known for being (by far) the most accurate and realistic football simulation.

I have the ROM with updated 2022 rosters.

It's already accurately predicted wins against the Titans and Chiefs. So what does it have to say about the Rams?

Well, it looks like we're in for a bit of a defensive struggle. The Bengals recovered a pair of fumbles in the first half, but couldn't get the offense going at all, settling for a 3-0 lead at half, on a McPherson FG.

We open the 2nd half with a TD from Perine, then lock it down with a 4th quarter TD from Burrow to Chase.

Final Score
Bengals - 17
Rams - 0

Stats
Burrow: 5 of 8 for 76 yards and 1 TD
Stafford: 2 of 5 for 90 yards

Bengals rushing: 13 for 80 yards and a TD
Rams rushing: 19 for 111

Aaron Donald had 4 sacks, but the story of the game was the early turnovers by the Rams, and their insistence on running the football.

As long as we win, I'll take it. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 11:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Lol, man I hope that game is right and the Bengals can shut out the Rams.

It's set in stone. Tecmo Bowl never lies.

(02-03-2022, 01:14 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: https://youtu.be/suHMJBAn0EQ

This is clearly phony, as we didn't win.

If we lose now, I'm blaming you. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Let it be true!
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote

This guy needs a time out!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw whoever was controlling Cincinnati was CLEARLY trying to not win.

For example, Cincinnati called a pass and dude at the top was WIDE OPEN, easy TD pass, but the QB holds the ball then dumps it to the RB for like a 4 yard gain. Yeah, that's not happening in real life.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote