Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
Controlling Tee's destiny is part of the intrigue of trading him now and no AFCN team should even be considered at all.

Now wait until next year and Tee may just walk to the steelers for free with a chip on his shoulder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd do it for their 1st through 7th this year and next year.

Reply/Quote
I'll happily trade Tee Higgins to the Steelers for 3 full drafts.

It'll be a bargain for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 03:49 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Aw hell no

Well I don't know.
Give me Rat's first rounder this month and first rounder next year and I'd do it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 10:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Controlling Tee's destiny is part of the intrigue of trading him now and no AFCN team should even be considered at all.

Now wait until next year and Tee may just walk to the steelers for free with a chip on his shoulder.

Not if we Tag him again as some posters say lol

Just keep Taggin the man. Mellow

BTW, being sarcastic Go Cards.  Sarcasm Mellow

(04-13-2024, 01:37 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Well I don't know.
Give me Rat's first rounder this month and first rounder next year and I'd do it.  

The thing about these teams is they run the ball a lot and the stealers will be running the ball even more with Arthur Smith as their OC.

Play Action would be where their WR's would be hurting us the most and it takes Tee a bit to get up to speed going deep.

But any way to weaken the Division rivals I am for. I am not against trading Tee for 1st rounders in our Division, I think we could hurt 
our rivals much more this way than keeping Tee on the Tag this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 10:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Controlling Tee's destiny is part of the intrigue of trading him now and no AFCN team should even be considered at all.

We can tag him twice. That said, I suspect they will reach a deal sometime in camp.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or even better this, give us Twatt and I will stop calling him this.

Bad deal, as TWATT coming to Cincy means he would immediately be less effective because he would not be allowed to line up offsides on every play.
Reply/Quote
This thread is what other fans on message boards are referring to when calling Bengals fans idiots.
Reply/Quote
I would say 0% chance Mike Brown allows this to happen. The offer would have to be insane, so I will give it a 1% chance.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 08:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He mentioned the interest in Justin fields before fields was acquired.  Clown or not, he has more insight into Steelers (and by proxy Tee), than anyone on this board

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/multiple-insiders-reveal-a-favorite-has-finally-emerged-for-justin-fields/

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/fillipponi-steelers-wont-trade-1st-round-for-justin-fields

Bug, Fillipponi is a known major troll.  He continuously throws out false info, it is his "thing". 

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2024, 10:33 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I would think the opposite. Trade so you at least take away their assets. Don’t let your start players go to them in FA for nothing in return.

But either way. Give me pick 20 and it’s a done deal. Trade 18 and 20 to Arizona and draft Marvin Harrison JR.  

Grab a RT in second, Sweat in the 3rd

Cards would likely require our 4th as well, but an intriguing idea. 

Reply/Quote
Or what could happen is the Steelers wait a year till his franchise tag is over and a free agent....then sign him.

Thats why I wish we would trade him this year, have some control where he would go and get compensation along with it. Next year he could be catching passes in Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Cleveland. How much would you love seeing that crap twice a year?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 11:47 AM)GodFather Wrote: Or what could happen is the Steelers wait a year till his franchise tag is over and a free agent....then sign him.

Thats why I wish we would trade him this year, have some control where he would go and get compensation along with it. Next year he could be catching passes in Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Cleveland. How much would you love seeing that crap twice a year?

It would be the exact same situation next year, except Tee would cost 4M more on the 2nd tag.  Trades can be made then as well.

Reply/Quote
im fine with a first this year and a 3rd next year. I can replace Tee and Boyd in this draft with guys I feel good about, and use the extra cap to sign a veteran corner, pay chase, and have enough left over to look for camp cuts that improve our team

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some of you are living in an absolute dreamworld. A 1st + for Tee Higgins? :shocked:

Reply/Quote
The internet buzz seems to be that this idea is picking up steam. I don't know if it's because of the idea being out there is gaining clicks so sites are just posting bullshit or if the move actually has any traction.

It also could be that we're just playing the Steelers to gain interest from other teams and to up their offers.

Like I said, it would suck to see him go to a division rival (especially those *****), but I'd rather get value for him than to let him walk for nothing in a year or two, especially when we could use the draft capital and to improve our team so much right now.
Reply/Quote
This thread is your quintessential “We’re bored and the draft is still a week and a half away” thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 11:47 AM)GodFather Wrote: Or what could happen is the Steelers wait a year till his franchise tag is over and a free agent....then sign him.

Browns maybe. When was last time Steelers or Ravens paid #1 WR money on their second contract. He likely gets 3 years 75 million or 4 years 100 million.

Browns are wild card, but the Watson and Garrett contracts delete their cap in a hurry.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 01:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Browns maybe. When was last time Steelers or Ravens paid #1 WR money on their second contract. He likely gets 3 years 75 million or 4 years 100 million.

Browns are wild card, but the Watson and Garrett contracts delete their cap in a hurry.

This. I don’t see them having the cap space for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bad deal, as TWATT coming to Cincy means he would immediately be less effective because he would not be allowed to line up offsides on every play.

Eh, forgot about that as hard as that is to forget about. True, wouldn't benefit us near as much here.

Those bastids get away with a lot of shit.

(04-14-2024, 01:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: This thread is your quintessential “We’re bored and the draft is still a week and a half away” thread.

Yeah, this isn't happening. Cards, Patriots, Lions trading for Tee is much more likely as we wouldn't mind as much Tee going there.

We don't want to hate the man when he leaves and I am pretty sure he doesn't want to be a stealer, money be damned.
Reply/Quote