Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
(04-13-2024, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Your list displaying your "love" for Tee is kinda suspect. For instance, you have folks like Allen and Evans above him because of what they've done and folks like Olave, Nukua, Collins (LOL), and Pickins on promising starts.

Give me an NFL team and I get to add Tee to your list and pick. Tee would probably be taken in the first half. 

I was recently reading about how good Tee's catch rate is and I think he's only a couple tears removed from leading the league.

I like Tee, and recognize he'd be on the top of a lot of team's wishlist (I think he was #1 or #2 FA this year before he was tagged). WTS, I'd just as soon let him walk and invest the $ elsewhere. 

Uh, Mike Evans had 1255 yards and 13 TD's last year while making the Pro Bowl and being named 2nd Team All Pro.  Higgins' career high for yards is 1091 and his career high for TD's is 7. Anybody seriously putting Higgins in the same breath as Evans needs to clean their homer glasses.  

Puka made the Pro Bowl and was a 2nd team All Pro in his rookie year, two feats that Higgins hasn't been able to achieve in 4 years in the league.  What argument can there be that he isn't better than Higgins?

Olave broke Higgins career high in yardage last year despite only starting 11 games.  Collins had 1297 yards and 8 TD 's in only 10 starts, both better than Tee's career highs.  Pickens has already topped his career high for yardage.  

Putting Higgins up there as a top WR isn't as bad as folks claiming Auden Tate was Mike Williams, but it's pretty bad.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: ...

Uh, Mike Evans had 1255 yards and 13 TD's last year while making the Pro Bowl and being named 2nd Team All Pro.  Higgins' career high for yards is 1091 and his career high for TD's is 7. Anybody seriously putting Higgins in the same breath as Evans needs to clean their homer glasses.  

Puka made the Pro Bowl and was a 2nd team All Pro in his rookie year, two feats that Higgins hasn't been able to achieve in 4 years in the league.  What argument can there be that he isn't better than Higgins?

Olave broke Higgins career high in yardage last year despite only starting 11 games.  Collins had 1297 yards and 8 TD 's in only 10 starts, both better than Tee's career highs.  Pickens has already topped his career high for yardage.  

Putting Higgins up there as a top WR isn't as bad as folks claiming Auden Tate was Mike Williams, but it's pretty bad.  

And this is why I think Tee is overrated by some of our fans. Completely agree. Tee doesn't sniff Mike Evans as a player.

Youth is on Tee's side, so he could still end up being a good #1 for someone which is a possibility. But who is throwing him the ball is a 
question and can he stay healthy is a very relevant question on top of it.
Reply/Quote

Herein lies the problem with all of this comp stuff.

Evan’s 136 targets
Nacua 160 targets
Olave 138 targets

Nico and Pickens are the only one close to Tee Higgins target share with 109 and 106.

Tee Higgins career high is 110. If you give him the target share of puka, Evan’s and olave, he will usurp their production.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And this is why I think Tee is overrated by some of our fans. Completely agree. Tee doesn't sniff Mike Evans as a player.

Youth is on Tee's side, so he could still end up being a good #1 for someone which is a possibility. But who is throwing him the ball is a 
question and can he stay healthy is a very relevant question on top of it.

Tee has never got Evan’s target share lol . Hard to compare them with one another based on just production. It’s all relative.

Imagine saying Bijan wouldn’t sniff Joe Mixon bc Joe Mixon had more yards and made the probowl last year.
Reply/Quote
Tee is a number 1 WR..his talents reflect
That. The number of targets he gets doesn't equate
To his talents
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 04:31 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tee has never got Evan’s target share lol .  Hard to compare them with one another based on just production.  It’s all relative.  

Imagine saying Bijan wouldn’t sniff Joe Mixon bc Joe Mixon had more yards and made the probowl last year.

Nothing alike, everyone that studies RB's knows that Bijan is a very rare RB with talents that could make him the best in the NFL.

Mixon has never been thought of like that.

Mike Evans is way stronger than Tee, is faster than Tee, stays healthy unlike Tee and is more productive than Tee could ever dream.

(04-14-2024, 05:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tee is a number 1 WR..his talents reflect
That. The number of targets he gets doesn't equate
To his talents

We will see once Tee gets the targets if he sniffs Mike Evans and his career. I highly doubt he does near as well and I love Tee.

Like I said, more proof of Tee being overrated on this board.
Reply/Quote
the last thing we need is a curse, anyone except division rivals.
Reply/Quote

Mike Evans was a great WR, he may have 2 years left. But if building a team for the future, I would take Tee over him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nothing alike, everyone that studies RB's knows that Bijan is a very rare RB with talents that could make him the best in the NFL.

Mike Evans is way stronger than Tee, is faster than Tee, stays healthy unlike Tee and is more productive than Tee could ever dream.

We will see once Tee gets the targets if he sniffs Mike Evans and his career. I highly doubt he does near as well and I love Tee.

I don't agree a young Mike Evans is better than Tee, but Tee missed 5 games in 2023 so yes, his numbers were bad in 2023.

He has to learn to deal better with the hamstring issues, but I don't see a WR in this draft at pick 18 and certainly not a pick 47 that is as good as Tee is right now. Tee is a vet, knows our offense. Fans forget rookies have learning curves and most are inconsistent at best the first year or 2. 

I would say some like you are under valuing Tee on our team in 2024. 

Our choice is not Mike Evans or Tee in 2024. It is Tee or a rookie 1st or 2nd round pick. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nothing alike, everyone that studies RB's knows that Bijan is a very rare RB with talents that could make him the best in the NFL.

So you think a healthy Tee can't produce a 1,300 yard season and 10 TD season like Mike Evans?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 07:10 PM)J24 Wrote: So you think a healthy Tee can't produce a 1,300 yard season and 10 TD season like Mike Evans?

And with 130+ targets….
Reply/Quote
Tee has Averaged 102 yards per a game the last two seasons without Chase in the line up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 11:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Tee has Averaged 102 yards per a game the last two seasons without Chase in the line up.

But he can’t be, or produce like, a 1… he just can’t. He is closer to Tyler Boyd than a number 1.

(Meanwhile, when healthy he is producing top 20 numbers (year in and out) with one of the smaller target volumes for top end receivers.)
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 04:28 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Send him.

Call it a done deal for their second and third rounders, 51 and 84 respectively.

Let the Steelers deal with his agent and the Bengals move on. Re-sign Boyd on the cheap for a security blanket for Burrow, and use one of the picks to draft another tall burner to work the outside and deep ball.

When you look at his stats and availability, Tee is very replaceable.

By your logic...

Injury = less productive year = TRADE

we should trade Joe Burrow, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:00 AM)Tomkat Wrote: By your logic...

Injury = less productive year = TRADE

we should trade Joe Burrow, too.

At least we’d actually get offers for him… Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 09:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: But he can’t be, or produce like, a  1… he just can’t.  He is closer to Tyler Boyd than a number 1.

(Meanwhile, when healthy he is producing top 20 numbers (year in and out) with one of the smaller target volumes for top end receivers.)

Anybody who doesn't think Tee is a legit #1 receiver on any team without Chase or Jefferson should just go watch soccer. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
We should keep Tee Higgins and spend a pick in UC Bearcats WR Dee Wiggins. And give HIM number 85. That's an easy duct tape fix on the nameplate, save $100+
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody who doesn't think Tee is a legit #1 receiver on any team without Chase or Jefferson should just go watch soccer. Hilarious

Did a bunch of guys like Lamb, Tyreek, Diggs, Adams, St. Brown, etc all die or retire or something?

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did a bunch of guys like Lamb, Tyreek, Diggs, Adams, St. Brown, etc all die or retire or something?

So let's say that is correct, that's 7 whole players ahead of him. There's 32 teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So let's say that is correct, that's 7 whole players ahead of him. There's 32 teams.

Hence the “etc”

There’s obviously more than that. This has been covered ad nauseam.

Reply/Quote