Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins…. Steelers have Interest
(04-15-2024, 10:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody who doesn't think Tee is a legit #1 receiver on any team without Chase or Jefferson should just go watch soccer. Hilarious

Davante Adams, tyreek hill, ceedee lamb, cooper Kupp and AJ brown might disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't agree a young Mike Evans is better than Tee, but Tee missed 5 games in 2023 so yes, his numbers were bad in 2023.

He has to learn to deal better with the hamstring issues, but I don't see a WR in this draft at pick 18 and certainly not a pick 47 that is as good as Tee is right now. Tee is a vet, knows our offense. Fans forget rookies have learning curves and most are inconsistent at best the first year or 2. 

I would say some like you are under valuing Tee on our team in 2024. 

Our choice is not Mike Evans or Tee in 2024. It is Tee or a rookie 1st or 2nd round pick. 

A young Mike Evans is definitely better than Tee so far, look at the numbers...

Hamstring injuries tend to linger, not a good sign either.

I might be under valuing Tee on our team in 2024 though, you could be right, and yes, it is Tee or a rookie 1st or 2nd round pick and we 
do not know what value either will bring or if it will even be a thing. All I can do is look at the facts so far and the facts say Tee and his 
Agent think they are worth far more than the Bengals are offering which most likely means Tee isn't going to be here for the foreseeable 
future. I like to look to the future, you guy's are stuck on Tee, I am just looking at the hard reality and this is moving on sooner rather 
than later.

(04-14-2024, 07:10 PM)J24 Wrote: So you think a healthy Tee can't produce a 1,300 yard season and 10 TD season like Mike Evans?

I honestly don't know, and I honestly doubt it from what we have seen lately. Tee has youth on his side though and if Burrow and him 
finally stay healthy he has a shot.

(04-14-2024, 09:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: And with 130+ targets….

Has to be on the field to get that many targets and that is hard when Ja'Marr is still the player we need to target more.

Fact, when we target Ja'Marr Chase a lot we win a lot more games.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 12:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Davante Adams, tyreek hill, ceedee lamb, cooper Kupp and AJ brown might disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooper Kupp makes Tee Higgins look extremely durable, and he's getting old. He was great in 2021 no doubt, but he's been supplanted by Puka on that team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did a bunch of guys like Lamb, Tyreek, Diggs, Adams, St. Brown, etc all die or retire or something?

Diggs was never anything more than a very good WR until he got away from Adam Thielen. That sorta proves the point of those who say Tee Higgins could thrive as a team's number one receiving option.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:21 PM)jason Wrote: Cooper Kupp makes Tee Higgins look extremely durable, and he's getting old. He was great in 2021 no doubt, but he's been supplanted by Puka on that team.

If T would have been drafted by the rams he wouldn’t have been the wr 1 on that team
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:21 PM)jason Wrote: Cooper Kupp makes Tee Higgins look extremely durable, and he's getting old. He was great in 2021 no doubt, but he's been supplanted by Puka on that team.

(04-15-2024, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Diggs was never anything more than a very good WR until he got away from Adam Thielen. That sorta proves the point of those who say Tee Higgins could thrive as a team's number one receiving option.

(04-15-2024, 01:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If T would have been drafted by the rams he wouldn’t have been the wr 1 on that team

Let's just see if Tee can have a season close to Mike Evans, Kupp's or Diggs best seasons before we put him with these WR's please.

I love the guy, but until he actually has a season close to these guy's best, he is second tier...

Just the way it goes. We can assume he could be a #1 all we want and yes, he had some good games with Ja'Marr out and played like a #1.

But that was only a few games and he had some bad games as the #1 when Chase was out as well. His good games made his bad not look as bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If T would have been drafted by the rams he wouldn’t have been the wr 1 on that team

In 2020 Tee was like 70 yards short of Kupp, and scored 3 more TDs. In fact Cooper Kupp only has two 1000 yard seasons. Granted one of them was damn near 2000 yards. That's sorta my point. Kupp is fragile.

Turns out Tee was drafted by Cincinnati, and was the best WR on the team as a rookie, and is a damn fine player to this day.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: In 2020 Tee was like 70 yards short of Kupp, and scored 3 more TDs. In fact Cooper Kupp only has two 1000 yard seasons. Granted one of them was damn near 2000 yards. That's sorta my point. Kupp is fragile.

Turns out Tee was drafted by Cincinnati, and was the best WR on the team as a rookie, and is a damn fine player to this day.

Those are facts, cannot disagree with them at all. Hope Tee has his best season this year and finally shows he is truly a #1 type of WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Diggs was never anything more than a very good WR until he got away from Adam Thielen. That sorta proves the point of those who say Tee Higgins could thrive as a team's number one receiving option.

Diggs played with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, and Case Keenum as his QB’s for his first 3 seasons. As soon as Cousins got there Diggs started putting up 1k yards seasons. And he obviously took an even bigger leap when he upgraded to Allen.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Diggs played with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, and Case Keenum as his QB’s for his first 3 seasons. As soon as Cousins got there Diggs started putting up 1k yards seasons. And he obviously took an even bigger leap when he upgraded to Allen.

Josh Allen wasn't that special pre Diggs either. 30 Tds, 21 INTs, 55.8%, and 76.6 QB Rating. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 02:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Josh Allen wasn't that special pre Diggs either. 30 Tds, 21 INTs, 55.8%, and 76.6 QB Rating. 

For sure. They definitely helped each other elevate their games.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Diggs played with Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford, and Case Keenum as his QB’s for his first 3 seasons. As soon as Cousins got there Diggs started putting up 1k yards seasons. And he obviously took an even bigger leap when he upgraded to Allen.

Yes that's fair, but I'd also wager that Diggs' targets went up with Allen and surrounded by the likes of Gabe Davis and Beasley.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 02:14 PM)jason Wrote: Yes that's fair, but I'd also wager that Diggs' targets went up with Allen and surrounded by the likes of Gabe Davis and Beasley.

Oh they definitely did.

But it’s not like Tee doesn’t get a lot of targets here. This is an extremely pass heavy offense. He averages about 7 targets per game. That’s very comparable to other really good WR2’s around the league.

Tee - 6.9
Smith - 7
Waddle - 7.6
Deebo - 6.6
Lockett - 6

And he would obviously have even more targets if his snap % was higher.

Reply/Quote
They ain’t trading Tee to the Steelers for even a windfall.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Let's just see if Tee can have a season close to Mike Evans, Kupp's or Diggs best seasons before we put him with these WR's please.

I love the guy, but until he actually has a season close to these guy's best, he is second tier...

Just the way it goes. We can assume he could be a #1 all we want and yes, he had some good games with Ja'Marr out and played like a #1.

But that was only a few games and he had some bad games as the #1 when Chase was out as well. His good games made his bad not look as bad.

No one is putting him up there with those guys. Folks are pointing out the similarities in injuries, career trajectory, etc.

Tee Higgins is on a similar career trajectory as all of the guys you listed (Evans, Kupp and Diggs). Go look at their opportunity share & first three years in the leagues.

Lastly IDGAF about Chase being here. We have around 100 targets per year vacated with Boyd leaving. Assuming Higgins gets 10-30 of those targets, I’ll call it now… Higgins is top 12 in yards and catches and top 5 in TDS. You want to see somone like Mike Evan’s on the bengals? Well Higgins/Chase without Boyd is about to blow up and Higgins is going to eat.

It’s really crazy to me that people can’t see the path forward for tee Higgins to have BY FAR his best season yet. Same for Chase. Burrow might take a slight efficiency bump, but that is TBD.
Reply/Quote
Steelers would be a team I would be stubborn and say gotta gimme 2, maybe 3 1st rounders.
You can't let your biggest divisional rival over the past 20 years get an upgrade from you if you really believe Higgins is a WR1-caliber guy.

They're very likely taking a WR in Rd 1.
I can see them targeting Thomas or Mitchell at 20.
Higgins is probably better than any WR right now they could get at 20th overall or later.
And you don't add Russell Wilson and Justin Fields if you aren't trying to win now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: In 2020 Tee was like 70 yards short of Kupp, and scored 3 more TDs. In fact Cooper Kupp only has two 1000 yard seasons. Granted one of them was damn near 2000 yards. That's sorta my point. Kupp is fragile.

I’m not arguing Kupp is a bit injury prone.  But to the op’s point, I think I’ve come up more than two teams where T wouldn’t be the number wr.  And I am well aware of where T was drafted.  And I stand by my statement that Kupp would be the wr1 on the rams if T were there.

And yes, he’s a fine player 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No one is putting him up there with those guys.  Folks are pointing out the similarities in injuries, career trajectory, etc.  

Tee Higgins is on a similar career trajectory as all of the guys you listed (Evans, Kupp and Diggs).  Go look at their opportunity share & first three years in the leagues.

Lastly IDGAF about Chase being here.  We have around 100 targets per year vacated with Boyd leaving.  Assuming Higgins gets 10-30 of those targets, I’ll call it now… Higgins is top 12 in yards and catches and top 5 in TDS.  You want to see somone like Mike Evan’s on the bengals? Well Higgins/Chase without Boyd is about to blow up and Higgins is going to eat.

It’s really crazy to me that people can’t see the path forward for tee Higgins to have BY FAR his best season yet.  Same for Chase.  Burrow might take a slight efficiency bump, but that is TBD.

Hope you are right Bengalbug. Still think we draft a WR somewhat early that could take up Boyd's targets no problem so we will see.

Even if it isn't a WR, even Gesicki could take up those targets or Bowers if he falls to 18.

(04-15-2024, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Steelers would be a team I would be stubborn and say gotta gimme 2, maybe 3 1st rounders.
You can't let your biggest divisional rival over the past 20 years get an upgrade from you if you really believe Higgins is a WR1-caliber guy.

They're very likely taking a WR in Rd 1.
I can see them targeting Thomas or Mitchell at 20.
Higgins is probably better than any WR right now they could get at 20th overall or later.
And you don't add Russell Wilson and Justin Fields if you aren't trying to win now.

All this makes sense, completely agree Ochocincos. 2 maybe 3 1st rounders and the scum can have him, just sucks for Tee lol

I think we can find a much better option for all involved to make everyone happy, not just us. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t give the Steelers a bucket of warm spit and the feelings and memories run deep and for decades for club, staff, players both past and present and of course fans. I doubt they could budge Tee out of Cincy for a Kings ransom.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 04:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: No one is putting him up there with those guys.  Folks are pointing out the similarities in injuries, career trajectory, etc.  

Tee Higgins is on a similar career trajectory as all of the guys you listed (Evans, Kupp and Diggs).  Go look at their opportunity share & first three years in the leagues.

Lastly IDGAF about Chase being here.  We have around 100 targets per year vacated with Boyd leaving.  Assuming Higgins gets 10-30 of those targets, I’ll call it now… Higgins is top 12 in yards and catches and top 5 in TDS.  You want to see somone like Mike Evan’s on the bengals? Well Higgins/Chase without Boyd is about to blow up and Higgins is going to eat.

It’s really crazy to me that people can’t see the path forward for tee Higgins to have BY FAR his best season yet.  Same for Chase.  Burrow might take a slight efficiency bump, but that is TBD.

That's because you're failing to take into account all the limitations Higgins has, and those limitations are always going to limit his opportunities unless he plays for a team that's just uncompetitive.

Higgins is almost strictly an intermediate level receiver.  He lacks the short area quickness for most shorter routes like whips, flats, shallow crosses, and WR screens.  He also lacks the long speed to be consistently threaten the defense on deep routes.  His lack of speed even makes certain intermediate routes like deep crosses unviable.  Therefore, unless you just sit there and force feed Higgins targets on the handful of routes he is effective on, like outs, digs, curls, in's, and back shoulder fades, you're very limited in his usage.  That's the real reason he's not a #1 WR.  To be a #1, you need to be a two level threat.  Higgins isn't.  
Reply/Quote