Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins
Tee Higgins currently has 71 receptions for 1029 yards, 14.5 YPR, and 6 TDs.

He has completed this in just 13 games.

I absolutely love how humble, grateful, and tough this guy is. I will be the first to admit, I wanted a more freakish athlete that tested off the charts (I think Mims was the one I liked the most....whiff). I was disappointed with Tee's testing, but also was trying to be optimistic that he may be able to be a bigger contributor because instead of going directly to a training academy to help him test higher, he simply took the time off after his bowl game to rest.

Regardless, they have an absolute gem in Higgins. He is an absolute beast out there at 6'4" tall and hands like a vice grip. You can see that basketball background with his ability to time and "high point" the ball.

This, a guy that grew up a Bengals fan. So happy for him and so happy he is in stripes.

Tip of the hat to Nate....I felt like Tee deserved his own thread.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Love Tee Higgins. He had a slow start to the season and dropped a lot more passes than expected, but has cleaned it up and has become sure handed again.

Reply/Quote
Tee is making his case for best receiver on the team.

Does KC have good corners? Cuz the best trio in the nfl are becoming almost unstoppable. Denver might be the only team who can really shut them down and they found a way to beat them.

They fix the line and avoid injuries these next few years and we may get to see something really special. And Zac continues to learn.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is just a stronger version of A.J Green.
Higgins comes from that Clemson lineage
Of strong WRs with radius to catch.
And he is a darn good blocker too.
He still hasnt reached his ceiling either
Reply/Quote
Tee is special and is too good to be a #2 receiver. You can say the same thing about Chase. Boyd can light it up too. Tee would be the talk of the NFL had Chase not been drafted. Tee is tall, fast, powerful, tenacious and has great hands!
Reply/Quote
We got 2 of 3 the best receivers from both teams that played in the LSU/Clemson Championship Game.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:19 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Tee is making his case for best receiver on the team.

I don't know if I would go that far. I think Higgin's explosion in production is directly tied to teams not wanting to get beat by Chase, isn't it? If one guy dictates the #1 CB covering him and a safety helping, that has to naturally open up some things for the #2 WR, doesn't it?

Regardless of that it's good to see Higgins improvement.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As a physicist I want to name the next newly discovered subatomic particle with integer spin the Higgins Boson. It will attract fermions like Tee Higgins’ hands attract footballs.
Reply/Quote
Dude is a monster. Burrow is spoiled with the talent at his disposal.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know if I would go that far. I think Higgin's explosion in production is directly tied to teams not wanting to get beat by Chase, isn't it? If one guy dictates the #1 CB covering him and a safety helping, that has to naturally open up some things for the #2 WR, doesn't it?

Regardless of that it's good to see Higgins improvement.

You saw him go up and over that double coverage right?

Sure it helps having a guy like chase on the field but let's not down play that Higgens has been an absolute stud.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:03 AM)motoarch Wrote: Dude is a monster. Burrow is spoiled with the talent at his disposal.

If Joe Burrow can get just a little more time in the pocket against the Chiefs...
Reply/Quote
I'm glad someone brought this up. Tee has been playing this last month+ like the receiver we all that he would be this season. Especially after all the work he put in during the off-season really glad to see that paying off for him and us.

Also really like that our whole receiving core is starting to get going and contributing within the offense. Ideally for me Boyd would be the go to with Tee a bit of the same while also being the big play threat along with Chase. But things don't always workout how you would think they would on paper. Just glad they've all been able to make some gamebreaking plays for us. Hopefully we can get that last win we need to clench the division.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't there a poll question thread, back in the offseason, about who the Bengals best WR would be this season?

I realize that we have a rigid policy against the bringing up of old threads for the purpose of "putting it in people's faces", but I also feel like this would also be a great opportunity to look and see how everyone in general's predictions worked out. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't there a poll question thread, back in the offseason, about who the Bengals best WR would be this season?

I realize that we have a rigid policy against the bringing up of old threads for the purpose of "putting it in people's faces", but I also feel like this would also be a great opportunity to look and see how everyone in general's predictions worked out. ThumbsUp

Challenge accepted!

From October 12, 2020:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Tee-Higgins-is-Going-to-Be-Amazing
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:03 AM)motoarch Wrote: Dude is a monster.  Burrow is spoiled with the talent at his disposal.

just imagine of we had a beast TE too? 
I heard Sample had his 9th catch yesterday? I like Uzoma but it would be awsome
Reply/Quote
Things I like about Higgins:

- Came from a winning program
- Has size for the jump ball
- Seems humble and professional
- Didn't complain when Chase was getting his targets early in the season (all the skills players seem happy for each other)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:27 AM)M.W. Wrote: Tee is special and is too good to be a #2 receiver.  You can say the same thing about Chase.  Boyd can light it up too.  Tee would be the talk of the NFL had Chase not been drafted.  Tee is tall, fast, powerful, tenacious and has great hands!

I don't think so.  He'd be facing the double teams that Chase is currently and it would impact his big plays.  He didn't connect on a lot of deep balls last year
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tee Higgins currently has 71 receptions for 1029 yards, 14.5 YPR, and 6 TDs.

He has completed this in just 13 games.

I absolutely love how humble, grateful, and tough this guy is.  I will be the first to admit, I wanted a more freakish athlete that tested off the charts (I think Mims was the one I liked the most....whiff).  I was disappointed with Tee's testing, but also was trying to be optimistic that he may be able to be a bigger contributor because instead of going directly to a training academy to help him test higher, he simply took the time off after his bowl game to rest.

Regardless, they have an absolute gem in Higgins.  He is an absolute beast out there at 6'4" tall and hands like a vice grip.  You can see that basketball background with his ability to time and "high point" the ball.

This, a guy that grew up a Bengals fan.  So happy for him and so happy he is in stripes.  

Tip of the hat to Nate....I felt like Tee deserved his own thread.

.....you must not have watched very many Clemson games. Cool

I was ECSTATIC we got him in the 2nd. A frickin steal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wasn't there a poll question thread, back in the offseason, about who the Bengals best WR would be this season?

Currently, it's pretty close, but the folks that said Chase would be correct.

Really, the only statistical categories Tee has an edge in are Catch %(67.6% to 60.7%) and Yards/Game(79.2 to 77.5).  

Chase has the edge in Yards/Catch(17.1 to 14.5) and more importantly Yards/Target (10.4 to 9.8).  10 TD's for Chase compared to 6 for Tee is really the back breaker on the debate.  Some will argue that Tee played 3 fewer games on that, but Chase has only has 7 more targets on the year, so they are very close.

Some will argue Chase's drops, but those are already factored into Catch %(where Tee has the advantage) and Yards/Target(where Chase has the edge).  

Overall, both have been great on the season, so it's a good debate to have.
Reply/Quote
I seen a few folks suggest "because Chase" when discussing Tee; put it just doesn't hold water. It seems to me the big catches I see Tee make are when he's being double covered (see yesterday) while I see Chase exploit a lot of 1 on 1. Also Tee had a fine rookie season with Brandon Allen as his starting QB. Tee is good because Tee is good.

One thing I noticed about Tee yesterday (and I may be totally off, but..) He doesn't do his "own" TD celebration, he does those of team mates. His first score yesterday he did Chase's dance and on the 2nd he did Mixon's.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote