Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins going foward.
Rewatching the Ravens and Chiefs game on NFL Network last night
I became more impressed with Tee Higgins.
I know Chase Burrow and Collins are the rock stars of this offense
But Tee Higgins importance to this offense cannot be overstated

He is easily the 2nd best WR in his draft class behind Jefferson.
He made huge strides going from rookie year to 2nd year.
He is the 2nd best WR in the AFC North.
Somehow some way I.dont think the Bengals can afford to let him
Walk and go to another team. Thats the thing though, Tee would be
A #1 for alot of teams in this league.
His skill level is that of AJ Greens. I think he might be a shade better
Than AJ also.
Whats your thoughts on Tee Higgins?
Should the Bengals find a way to pay him.what he is worth
Or do they let him walk and the Bengals lose a very integral part
Of their offensive success
Reply/Quote
It would be nice but I just don't think it is realistic unless the cap skyrockets. Will probably play out like Marvin Jones. When the time comes though, they can spend a 1 or 2 on a quality wr that will benefit from playing opposite Chase.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 10:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Rewatching the Ravens and Chiefs game on NFL Network last night
I  became more impressed with Tee Higgins.

Than AJ also.

No.

Just no.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tees length and catch radius is so important. We went to him time after time on 3rd and 4th and short using slants and routes where he could just use his size to body cornerbacks.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 10:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No.

Just no.

Yeah, I was with him up until that point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Tee, and the types of routes he runs should benefit greatly from a better line
Reply/Quote
I think his role and his talent is far superior to another guy I really like, Tyler Boyd.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/2023/

I would rather cut Boyd and eat only 1.4 in dead money and gain an additional 10 million in cap space in 2023 than not give Higgins a new contract. We may draft the Boyd replacement in 2022, if not in 2023.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 10:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Rewatching the Ravens and Chiefs game on NFL Network last night

Than AJ also.

Love the kid and hope it works out but he will have earned more money than Bengals will be able to offer him most likely. 

Him being able to be a #1 on other teams means who could fetch a decent draft pick in trade as well and expect this ultimately be the course of action taken. Doubt Boyd will fetch a good draft pick in trade.

Burrow, Chase, Wilson, Mixon, Jonah, Higgins, Boyd, Collins, and Hendrickson contracts are all coming down the pike and the majority will want raises exhausting the cap. 

Got to pick some fat to trim and then you got to ask what positions can be found in draft for cheap. Burrow, Chase, Wilson, and Jonah aren't going anywhere and doubt Hendrickson or Collins are either, so that leaves Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon as odd men out imo. 

Boyd may go down in pay and be able to stay, but don't see Mixon or Higgins playing below market value. Mixon will have very high mileage by then anyway and the first to go imo.  

Got to enjoy these next few years because stars will have to move on when these guys cash in. 

Does anyone think GB wanted to move on from Adams, or KC from Tyreek Hill, or even Amari Cooper from Cowboys ? 

Adams has been the #1 rated WR in the NFL 2 years in a row ! But choices have to be made when teams have pay their QB
$50 million a year. 

Chase could be odd man out instead of Higgins just like Adams but think since him and Burrow are boys think they some how work it out. 

Think all this is a bad recipe for Higgins. See Bates being out as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 11:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think his role and his talent is far superior to another guy I really like, Tyler Boyd.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/2023/

I would rather cut Boyd and eat only 1.4 in dead money and gain an additional 10 million in cap space in 2023 than not give Higgins a new contract. We may draft the Boyd replacement in 2022, if not in 2023.

True but the monetary differences in price tags may balance that out. They may both have to go, but one may be more affordable and we get lucky to keep. 

Plus if Higgins can be a #1 on another team he will probably want to give it a whirl. 

Yet hoping this entire team can stay together, but we all know that's not happening. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 10:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No.

Just no.

Agree.

Recency bias at work.  People remember 2017-20 Green instead of 2011-16.

You all know I am a huge Higgins fan, but he is not as good as AJ.
Reply/Quote
I became more impressed with Tee Higgins.

Than AJ also.

Tee and Boyd both don’t get the attention they deserve. We are always referred to as a top WR UNIT but Tee would be starting on nearly every team and would probably even be the number 1 on a lot of teams
Reply/Quote

Than AJ also.

I love Tee.  The fact that he grew up a Bengals fan, his story, and his toughness before and after the catch.  When you are next to the guy, you realize how damn big he is, but he can fly.  

Will they pay him?  Here's the thing:  I think the cap WILL skyrocket.  The revenue from gambling will be massive.  Maybe that makes some of us feel a little slimy, but it is reality:  People bet, and at least now the NFL will profit from it.  

With the skyrocketing cap, they will be able to (and will need to) have at least two top flight WRs.  Maybe three.  Higgins might want absurd dollars or he might want to win a lot of titles with Burrow and Company.   Cool  Either way, the Bengals will need to draft another speed merchant in this year's draft for depth and improvement at WR4.

As far as saying he is close to or even better than AJ:  One thing we forget about Green is that for much of his career, he was the main option.  Some would say he was the only option.  Dalton forced it to him so much that it was also where most of his balls got picked off.  Tee benefits from Chase on the other side, although one could argue that Tee's rookie season he was the #1 WR.  

If you go by simple production, I think Tee can actually outperform AJ by career....I sure hope he does it here.  Today's NFL is so slanted to offense, and with a QB like Burrow, there is no way a healthy Tee isn't pulling in 1000 yards and 10 TDs each and every season he is out there with the likes of Chase, Boyd, and now Hurst.  
Reply/Quote
I think we'll soon fully understand why it seems like the good NFL teams are always getting the high comp picks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 12:47 PM)Housh Wrote: Tee and Boyd both don’t get the attention they deserve. We are always referred to as a top WR UNIT but Tee would be starting on nearly every team and would probably even be the number 1 on a lot of teams

Absolutely and Bengals are so fortunate to have them both and Chase all at the same time. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Heck Boyd only had one drop on the entire season. Now that drop came at an unfortunate time.

Yet it's still a very nice luxury to have someone like this as a 3rd option.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Higgins and AJ were almost identical in size coming out of college. Higgins really leveled up after his rookie year. Which was excellent. AJ was special, hence the top 5 pick. Tee had the potential to be special hence pick 33. Well so far Tee is maximizing that potential.

Higgins is going to get a second contract here. Burrow to Higgins and Chase will be the most prolific QB and WR duo in history.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 12:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love Tee.  The fact that he grew up a Bengals fan, his story, and his toughness before and after the catch.  When you are next to the guy, you realize how damn big he is, but he can fly.  

Will they pay him?  Here's the thing:  I think the cap WILL skyrocket.  The revenue from gambling will be massive.  Maybe that makes some of us feel a little slimy, but it is reality:  People bet, and at least now the NFL will profit from it.  

With the skyrocketing cap, they will be able to (and will need to) have at least two top flight WRs.  Maybe three.  Higgins might want absurd dollars or he might want to win a lot of titles with Burrow and Company.   Cool  Either way, the Bengals will need to draft another speed merchant in this year's draft for depth and improvement at WR4.

As far as saying he is close to or even better than AJ:  One thing we forget about Green is that for much of his career, he was the main option.  Some would say he was the only option.  Dalton forced it to him so much that it was also where most of his balls got picked off.  Tee benefits from Chase on the other side, although one could argue that Tee's rookie season he was the #1 WR.  

If you go by simple production, I think Tee can actually outperform AJ by career....I sure hope he does it here.  Today's NFL is so slanted to offense, and with a QB like Burrow, there is no way a healthy Tee isn't pulling in 1000 yards and 10 TDs each and every season he is out there with the likes of Chase, Boyd, and now Hurst.  
I know Im the only Bengals fan that would proclaim
Tee Higgins on the same level or a just a tad better
Than A.J.  I understand it. Green is a sure fire Bengals
RoH future menber. 

But A.J's and Tee's 1st 2 years arent that drastic in 
Comparison stats wise. 
The number that sticks out to me are the number of targets over the 2-yrs 
Green 279 
Higgins 218. What if Higgie had that many targets
In his 1st yrs? 
I think overall Higgins has caught a higher% of his targets than Green has over 2-years

A.J only averaged 7 yds more per game in his 2 year
Than Tee. Yeah I know,A.J faced more #1 CBs 
Etc etc. But Tee has shown the same ability to
Take over games as AJ did. 
Jamar had such a dominant rookie year it overshadowed the improvement Tee made in year 2.

I think the Bengals really need to retain Higgins 
He is just as important to this offense as Chase is
Reply/Quote
AJ was also seeing #1 coverage though.
Reply/Quote
It's a tough question as to how the future WR corps goes. I would love to be able to retain Higgins ! But I'd say if he keeps producing and growing at the rate he has he's going to require lower/mid range #1 WR money and we won't be able to do it all.

Isn't this Boyd's last season under contract ? He's going to want and deserve high end slot/3rd down WR money. Even with the rising salary cap I'm not sure we can retain both of them ?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 02:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know Im the only Bengals fan that would proclaim
Tee Higgins on the same level or a just a tad better
Than A.J.  I understand it. Green is a sure fire Bengals
RoH future menber. 

But A.J's and Tee's 1st 2 years ....
I definitely like Higgins.

However, Green has something that Higgins doesn't have: another gear that kicks in when a deep ball's in the air. 
In my years of watching the Bengals, only Chris Henry matched (or beat) Green's deep ball speed (Isaac Curtis beat them both but he was truly special).
Unfortunately for Green, he had Dalton, not Palmer or Burrow, for the deep ball.

Henry had Palmer, whose arm gave Slim 15 more yards to separate from coverage. Higgins has Burrow, who has great placement and timing. Green had Dalton, who constantly underthrew or misplaced balls that required significant adjustments by Green. I can't imagine Green's YAC numbers with better ball placement.

Green's numbers would have been scary with a quarterback who better matched his skill set.
Reply/Quote