Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tee Higgins surgery?
Looks like Tee had some work done on that bad shoulder of his

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Mustn't of been anything big with the way Tee played in the SB and him not even bringing it up.
Reply/Quote
He was playing with a bad labrum

Reply/Quote
Would have thought this would have been done a little sooner if needed.

Yet certain the doctors know exactly what they're doing, godspeed to Tee's healing up 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have thought this would have been done a little sooner if needed.

Yet certain the doctors know exactly what they're doing, godspeed to Tee's healing up 100%

I heard on Sirus he will be good to go for TC
Reply/Quote
I certainly hope he's good to go because there's no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to surgery..other than someone is making a new hole in your body somewhere.. I don't even completely trust needles drawing blood anymore after I nearly bleed to death when one of my arteries ruptured.. 
Not trying to sound any alarms or anything since after all, my body is a lot older than your average professional athlete these days. I'm pretty sure there are no active 63 year old pro athletes in any of the major sports in this country.. Still...nobody is cutting on me again without one hell of a damned good reason..or has me in handcuffs or war has been declared in my neck of the woods..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have thought this would have been done a little sooner if needed.

Like when? During the season? He injured the shoulder in Sept. if you mean righht after the Super Bowl, it is likely, the doctors wanted to see how it would do with complete rest before resorting to surgery

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:05 AM)pally Wrote: Like when?  During the season?  He injured the shoulder in Sept.  if you mean righht after the Super Bowl, it is likely, the doctors wanted to see how it would do with complete rest before resorting to surgery

Did you read the part where I said that the doctors probably know exactly what they are doing before you spit your venom ? 

But to answer your question many players have surgeries promptly after the season ends in lieu of waiting over two month's. They are young world class athletes in phenomenal shape by the way.

if I had to guess it would be that the doctors wanted to see if it could heal naturally before resorting to surgery though. Certain he is in good hands

Again best wishes to Tee in a speedy recovery. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 01:50 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I heard on Sirus he will be good to go for TC

Great news

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have thought this would have been done a little sooner if needed.

Don't worry; unless he's throwing 90 MPH fastballs, 100 times a day, 3 days a week, he'll be ok.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Did you read the part where I said that the doctors probably know exactly what they are doing before you spit your venom ? 

But to answer your question many players have surgeries promptly after the season ends in lieu of waiting over two month's. They are young world class athletes in phenomenal shape by the way.

if I had to guess it would be that the doctors wanted to see if it could heal naturally before resorting to surgery though. Certain he is in good hands

Again best wishes to Tee in a speedy recovery. 

He didn't wait over 2 months.  He had the surgery sometime between the Super Bowl and Mar 22 when the first picture of him in a sling surfaced.  That is 5 weeks. Since people are generally in a sling for about 6 weeks post shoulder surgery. the surgery was likely after Mar 1 which is still only a couple of weeks after his last game

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:02 AM)pally Wrote: He didn't wait over 2 months.  He had the surgery sometime between the Super Bowl and Mar 22 when the first picture of him in a sling surfaced.  That is 5 weeks. Since people are generally in a sling for about 6 weeks post shoulder surgery. the surgery was likely after Mar 1 which is still only a couple of weeks after his last game

Guess I missed the date on this post and assumed it was new per so few comments and just seeing. 

My mistake and that certainly sounds like a much more reasonable time frame. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 08:14 PM)pally Wrote: He was playing with a bad labrum

Thought so, no big deal. Good news. I think Tee can still grow into a #1 WR with his youth and talent.

He could even keep adding muscle like he did last Offseason and not lose speed. He was a much better route runner last 
year than his rookie season and much crisper in his routes as well. To have both Chase and Higgins on the same WR core
is about as good as any young core in the NFL, add in Boyd and it is the best. Just need some more quality depth.

We can get this in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 12:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so, no big deal. Good news. I think Tee can still grow into a #1 WR with his youth and talent.

He could even keep adding muscle like he did last Offseason and not lose speed. He was a much better route runner last 
year than his rookie season and much crisper in his routes as well. To have both Chase and Higgins on the same WR core
is about as good as any young core in the NFL, add in Boyd and it is the best. Just need some more quality depth.

We can get this in the mid rounds.

Keeping both long term is where it will get tricky.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Keeping both long term is where it will get tricky.

With the contracts being tossed around now, unless they are willing to take less money there is no real way to keep both long-term.

Of course, as long as the Bengals keep Burrow it'll be okay.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 05:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With the contracts being tossed around now, unless they are willing to take less money there is no real way to keep both long-term.

They could extend Tee after this season. Higgins gets paid for 3 years while Ja'Marr is still on his rookie deal. It's about the best they can hope for.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Keeping both long term is where it will get tricky.

No doubt.

(04-13-2022, 05:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With the contracts being tossed around now, unless they are willing to take less money there is no real way to keep both long-term.

Yes, I think we can survive regardless with Burrow and drafting well.

(04-13-2022, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: They could extend Tee after this season. Higgins gets paid for 3 years while Ja'Marr is still on his rookie deal. It's about the best they can hope for.

Sounds like the way to go and prepare for Boyd's eventual exit by drafting some good Slot Receivers.

The thing about Chase is he is even better in the Slot so we might actually need to draft speedsters for the outside opposite Tee.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt.

Yes, I think we can survive regardless with Burrow and drafting well.

Sounds like the way to go and prepare for Boyd's eventual exit by drafting some good Slot Receivers.

The thing about Chase is he is even better in the Slot so we might actually need to draft speedsters for the outside opposite Tee.

I agree with this completely.

Green Bay just moved on from Adams, but as long as they have Rodgers no one is writing them off. 

Elite QB's make average WRs look great and good/great WR's look All-Pro.

I'd be willing to bet we see a pretty big drop in numbers from Hill and Adams this next season as they trade two of the best QB's for a pretty good one in Vegas and utter trash in Miami.

Hell, look what a QB change did for Cooper Kupp. With Goff he was good, but not someone that would have been a top mention. Best season was 1161 yards. He gets an upgrade from Goff to Stafford and becomes a Super Bowl MVP and has 1947 yards. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 03:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I agree with this completely.

Green Bay just moved on from Adams, but as long as they have Rodgers no one is writing them off. 

Elite QB's make average WRs look great and good/great WR's look All-Pro.

I'd be willing to bet we see a pretty big drop in numbers from Hill and Adams this next season as they trade two of the best QB's for a pretty good one in Vegas and utter trash in Miami.

Hell, look what a QB change did for Cooper Kupp. With Goff he was good, but not someone that would have been a top mention. Best season was 1161 yards. He gets an upgrade from Goff to Stafford and becomes a Super Bowl MVP and has 1947 yards. 

Yes, the accuracy of these guys will help nearly any NFL caliber WR as long as the guy isn't dropping balls.

Burrow is about the most accurate QB of them all.
Reply/Quote
Little tune up

Will be ready for camp. Important year for Tee here. He could play himself into a 60 plus million dollar contract with a step. Likely won’t be from us but someone will bite.
-Housh
Reply/Quote