Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins update
(09-12-2022, 09:13 PM)tms Wrote: Unnecessarily playing through a concussion will not get him more money either.

Not really what you said though...

"I expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year,...

"Personally, I think Higgins'll miss a few weeks for that reason alone, but never thought it would play out so soon." 

You implied milking injuries due to contract negotiations. You even brought up Bates and LO - totally different scenarios than Tee in his 3rd year.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:24 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not really what you said though...

"I expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year,...

Personally, I think Higgins'll miss a few weeks for that reason alone, but never thought it would play out so soon. 

You implied milking injuries due to contract negotiations. You even brought up Bates and LO - totally different scenarios than Tee in his 3rd year.

I expect players to be taking their jolly time (and Higgins'll miss a few weeks) because they have nothing to gain by playing through injuries- only to lose- as was evidenced by Ogunjobi and Bates. Seems pretty straightforward to me.  

But I guess you were looking for an argument. I can't help you with that.

Peace.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Such a bummer this happened. Tee’s family was already dealing with enough.

I hate the Steelers so ***** much.

Me too.  So much for the NFL taking these BS hits out of the game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's all bullshit because the steelers get away with it so often. The nfl acts like they care, but pretty much allow the Rooney's team to get away with it. I've seen multiple steelers hits that would normally get replayed multiple times, and have the commentators talk about the hit in a negative light. But not with pittsburgh. It largely goes ignored, and is chalked up to old school football

It was significantly worse than the glancing blow Burfict put on Brown, and that got flags from three different states, a fine, and a suspension.  

It is ALWAYS their game plan.  Thought the NFL was trying to put and end to this shyt.  He was on his way down, and a guy came in helmet first with intent to injure.  Ridiculous.  Karma got their asses again though as Watt and perhaps others are out.  You may have gotten one in Cincy, but now go lose to the Pats at your house.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Cobra Kai of football.

Kimo certainly did "sweep the knee"..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I really liked Minkah Fitzpatrick when he was going into the draft, but he's turned into a real tool and dirty player since becoming a Steeler.

But the league loves it cause 'ST1LL3R FOOTBAWWWWWW'. 

Definitely gunna need Tee back, but gotta let him rest up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:36 AM)tms Wrote: I expect players to be taking their jolly time (and Higgins'll miss a few weeks) because they have nothing to gain by playing through injuries- only to lose- as was evidenced by Ogunjobi and Bates. Seems pretty straightforward to me.  

But I guess you were looking for an argument. I can't help you with that.

Peace.

Im not looking for an argument I just disagree with the take that players "take their jolly time" to get back on the field.  Zac said Tee wanted to come back into the game Sunday, so.....?  Your argument regarding injury and contract in a non-contract year hasnt proven to be a thing in the NFL.

Im sure there is a chance that Tee misses the Dallas game, but it seriously doubt he will be out weeks, in fact I am hopeful he plays this Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: Wednesday he can practice in a limited format, Thursday would be the earliest he could fully practice, and Friday the earliest he could be cleared.  

Well I am glad it wasn't worse. Still, we need to bring in another WR over Mike Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well I am glad it wasn't worse. Still, we need to bring in another WR over Mike Thomas.

Personally I think they still need to bring in someone with length. Without Tee, Burrow doesn't really have that at his disposal (aside from Hurst, I guess). I wonder if that'll limit our versatility over the course of the season, specifically in the RZ. I'm not saying we need another Auden Tate haha but it wouldn't hurt to have more diversity in the catch radiuses (radii?!?!*).
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:17 PM)tms Wrote: Personally I think they still need to bring in someone with length. Without Tee, Burrow doesn't really have that at his disposal (aside from Hurst, I guess). I wonder if that'll limit our versatility over the course of the season, specifically in the RZ. I'm not saying we need another Auden Tate haha but it wouldn't hurt to have more diversity in the catch radiuses (radii?!?!*).

Good point about length which we will be missing if Tee can't go. I don't know who is out there who has it.

I was thinking about TY Hilton or DeDe Westbrook but these guys are more speedy and smaller.

Maybe use Hayden Hurst as a WR since he isn't a great blocker anyways, I liked his effort and dude is buff with length
and he runs crisp enough routes to be a threat at WR.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote:

Thanks Pally, great news. Cool
Reply/Quote
according to the concussion protocol, limited is the best he can do today. But limited on Wednesday, bodes well for the weekend

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This sounds promising! I think he ends up playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:05 PM)tms Wrote: I'd be shocked if he played this week. Not saying he won't, just that I'd be shocked. It takes more than a few days to get over a concussion. But for me the shock is more rooted in how Tee's agent just spent the summer demanding guaranteed money from the same owner on behalf of Bates- to no avail. To think he'll now let one of his other clients put his head out on a stick (no pun intended) before he absolutely has to seems unlikely.

I don't know if the agent-owner relationship in real life is as contentious as it is in Jerry Maguire haha, but I don't know that it's not. I expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year, not only on account of what happened to their current teammate (Bates) but also their former teammate (Ogunjobi). Whatever happens with Tee may be a sign of things to come and give us a sense of the full implications of Mike Brown's hardball strategy with JB30.

Personally, I think Higgins'll miss a few weeks for that reason alone, but never thought it would play out so soon. It'll be interesting to watch.

You realize Tee's agent has no say in this, right? It's up to the team physicians whether he gets cleared or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 02:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You realize Tee's agent has no say in this, right? It's up to the team physicians whether he gets cleared or not.

And once he gets cleared it's up to "Tee Higgins" to decide whether he's going to play or not. Note the quotes.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 03:11 PM)tms Wrote: And once he gets cleared it's up to "Tee Higgins" to decide whether he's going to play or not. Note the quotes.

Not really, he signed a contract to play. He "Could" pull a Cordy Glenn, but I don't see him doing that. He wanted to go back in during the game Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not really, he signed a contract to play. He "Could" pull a Cordy Glenn, but I don't see him doing that. He wanted to go back in during the game Sunday.

I'm not saying he's not going to play. No need to get defensive about it. I just think there's a heightened risk based on the Bates fiasco. To what extent I don't know, but it'll be interesting to watch. If Mulugheta feels Bates was done wrong by the Bengals' hardball strategy this summer- and last summer, for that matter, when he was in the same position as Tee will be next February- it's not the craziest thing in the world to expect some future implications.

Yes, it is a business for Mike Brown. It's also a business (even more so, I would say) for players, their families and their agents. The NFL system is famously skewed to the owners. To think players and their reps won't protect themselves by using one of the few cards at their disposal (i.e., their availability) is a bit naive.

No one'll sit out the entire season lol, but they will be more vigilant throughout the process and play a little "hardball" of their own, especially if they're the caliber of a Tee Higgins who will surely be offered a monster contract when they hit market and whose "agency brethren" have already been burned by the same owner. As such, they may not see as much of need to put themselves in harm's way in the meantime. Don't blame it on me, either- this is common sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 03:39 PM)tms Wrote: I'm not saying he's not going to play. No need to get defensive about it. I just think there's a heightened risk based on the Bates fiasco. To what extent I don't know, but it'll be interesting to watch. If Mulugheta feels Bates was done wrong by the Bengals' hardball strategy this summer- and last summer, for that matter, when he was in the same position as Tee will be next February- it's not the craziest thing in the world to expect some future implications.

Yes, it is a business for Mike Brown. It's also a business (even more so, I would say) for players, their families and their agents. The NFL system is famously skewed to the owners. To think players and their reps won't protect themselves by using one of the few cards at their disposal (i.e., their availability) is a bit naive.

No one'll sit out the entire season lol, but they will be more vigilant throughout the process and play a little "hardball" of their own, especially if they're the caliber of a Tee Higgins who will surely be offered a monster contract when they hit market and whose "agency brethren" have already been burned by the same owner. As such, they may not see as much of need to put themselves in harm's way in the meantime. Don't blame it on me, either- this is common sense.

He won’t be offered a large contract if teams suspect malingering.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 03:39 PM)tms Wrote: I'm not saying he's not going to play. No need to get defensive about it. I just think there's a heightened risk based on the Bates fiasco. To what extent I don't know, but it'll be interesting to watch. If Mulugheta feels Bates was done wrong by the Bengals' hardball strategy this summer- and last summer, for that matter, when he was in the same position as Tee will be next February- it's not the craziest thing in the world to expect some future implications.

Your summary is not crazy at all. There's a heck of alot more going on behind the scenes than meets the eye. Agents meddle far more than we know. They see how teams negotiate and usually only see this the the ones lens that means something to them.

This entire game is about the $$ from billions of $$ TV contracts, to stadium naming rights, to $15.00 beers, $70.00 parking to players contracts that are structured so crazy anymore it takes an entire accounting/law firm to breakdown.
Reply/Quote