Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins update
(09-15-2022, 02:20 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just hope he stays with us for a lesser price so we can keep the gang together instead of letting him go somewhere else.

Yeah I'm still a bit torn on that. A lot could happen between now and then, and usually does. If things stay the same obviously I'd want to keep him but he'll cost a pretty penny. Either way, I'd like to think Burrow will have established himself as an elevator and become comfortable with the revolving door by then. I guess that remains to be seen.

For now, priority #1 is that they seize the day and take advantage of the window. They'll never again be in a position where their top 3 horses are all playing for a quarter of their market value (if not less). At least not while Burrow is here. It's a unique opportunity that won't last forever.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pally posted a Ben Baby tweet he was limited in practice today.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629471746/league/umfva5wnr32ozmukz5jd.pdf

You can make an educated guess which phase he is in based upon his activities.

This, and Thursday is the first day he is eligible for team activities per the protocol, seems to be progressing just fine.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Sounds like he will be playing, then. Maybe a questionable status. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 12:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sounds like he will be playing, then. Maybe a questionable status. 

He has to have a full practice today and then be examined by the neurologist tomorrow before he can be officially clear.  He will definitely be listed as questionable on the injury report today.  But fingers crossed, all signs are pointing to him being cleared

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The importance of him playing this week is a bit understated. Diggs doesn't always shadow the other team's top receiver, especially when there is a speed disparity. If we have Tee that could pull Diggs off Chase more often than not and I actually like Higgins on Diggs more than Chase because of the ability to make Diggs play above the rim when targeting him on Tee.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: The importance of him playing this week is a bit understated. Diggs doesn't always shadow the other team's top receiver, especially when there is a speed disparity. If we have Tee that could pull Diggs off Chase more often than not and I actually like Higgins on Diggs more than Chase because of the ability to make Diggs play above the rim when targeting him on Tee.

I aint even worried about Diggs vs. Chase. Chase would absolutely own him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2022, 12:04 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I'm still a bit torn on that. A lot could happen between now and then, and usually does. If things stay the same obviously I'd want to keep him but he'll cost a pretty penny. Either way, I'd like to think Burrow will have established himself as an elevator and become comfortable with the revolving door by then. I guess that remains to be seen.

For now, priority #1 is that they seize the day and take advantage of the window. They'll never again be in a position where their top 3 horses are all playing for a quarter of their market value (if not less). At least not while Burrow is here. It's a unique opportunity that won't last forever.

All true, well said. In the end I expect Boyd to leave the most. Kind of hoping both Boyd and Chase have the biggest year 
this season so Tee can be affordable next year and Boyd can go somewhere and make tons of money from some other team.

We can always add Slot WR's they are easier to replace than a big WR like Tee that can snatch the ball out of the air while 
running crisp routes being 6'4"+.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 01:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I aint even worried about Diggs vs. Chase. Chase would absolutely own him. 

Yeah, my only concern is Diggs picking off Burrow as that is what he is great at.

But Burrow probably learned from last game and will be much smarter with the football. He better be when throwing Diggs way.

Still, I have confidence in Chase owning any Corner in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:36 AM)tms Wrote: I expect players to be taking their jolly time (and Higgins'll miss a few weeks) because they have nothing to gain by playing through injuries- only to lose- as was evidenced by Ogunjobi and Bates. Seems pretty straightforward to me.  

But I guess you were looking for an argument. I can't help you with that.

Peace.

Injury Roundup: Tee Higgins Expected to Play Against Cowboys, Updates on Trent Taylor, Devin Asiasi

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-injury-roundup-updates-tee-higgins-trent-taylor-devin-asiasi

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 05:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Injury Roundup: Tee Higgins Expected to Play Against Cowboys, Updates on Trent Taylor, Devin Asiasi

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-injury-roundup-updates-tee-higgins-trent-taylor-devin-asiasi

Alright, that is what I like to hear, thanks Casear. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, my only concern is Diggs picking off Burrow as that is what he is great at.

But Burrow probably learned from last game and will be much smarter with the football. He better be when throwing Diggs way.

Still, I have confidence in Chase owning any Corner in the NFL.

Burrow looked like he had been playing Madden 21 on rookie for the last 3 months then his brother switched his settings to All-Pro.
Late as hell and sloppy.
Reply/Quote
Get Thomas to play, they kept him for a reason.
Reply/Quote
Love to see Tee have a big day today. Rough week for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote