Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins update
(09-14-2022, 07:33 PM)TheFan Wrote: You type so many words just to go back on the argument you continued to try to make and got called out for. You said you would be "shocked if he played this week" because his agent wants him to not get hurt and that you "expect these players to be taking their jolly time recovering from injuries this year". You then in another post stated "it's not that they don't care about football, it's just that they don't care about it as much as the bottom line." Further indicating you think he's going to pull a Cordy Glenn.

Just because people call you out on your long winded nonsense doesn't meant they're being defensive or mad.

Also I do this from my phone so I can't really see big changes in font size. 

YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU - I love the finger-pointing on bulletin boards lol. 

You want me to answer for your interpretations of my posts- even other people's interpretations of them. This is the last time I'll do it.

I would "be shocked" in no way implies that I'm speaking for Tee Higgins. Likewise, I "expect players to be taking their jolly time recovering this year" is my expectation. I'm not saying it'll happen for sure or that you must agree with me if you don't want to- I couldn't f care less! You're arguing with me like I'm a f judge. I have no power in this ordeal. Neither do you.

As for, ""it's not that they don't care about football, it's just that they don't care about it as much as the bottom line"--- YES! Not only did I say that then, I'm still saying that now! That's the point, whether he ends up playing through the concussion or not. Good God... how old are you- 12? He's not your slave. They all play for the money- every last one of them. They're not the Dalai Lama or Nelson Mandela or some humanitarian doing it for some philanthropic cause- namely to feed your insatiable appetite for football. No. Their bottom line is 1 000 000 000/1 000 000 000, 100% of the time more "important" to them than the football. They're using football as a means to an end.

Which is not to say (I can't believe I have to spell this out too lol) that they don't care about football. I never said that. Far from it. It's not a binary choice. There is a lonnnnnnnnng way between the thing they care about most in this world, and those they don't care about at all. So don't imply that I'm saying they don't care about football. Nothing could further from the truth.

Finally, this here will be the > very > first > time > that > I > have > ever > typed > CORDY GLENN'S name on this website. You're drawing another link that I never made. I'm not going to answer for your associations to Cordy Glenn, how you've vilified him over the years or how you feel about him now. You guessed it- I seriously couldn't gaf. I'm talking about how across the league- across the industry!- players and agents exist as a partnership. The latter ensures that his client's current and future earnings are not only protected, but optimized. I would imagine that the player usually has the final word, but there is no question that the agent provides significant input throughout the year, especially when said player is knocked borderline unconscious. That's the job. To suggest that any player will come back from a concussion prematurely without at least discussing it with his reps- irrespective of medical clearance- is an absurd claim. It is juvenile. It is like saying a defendant will not consult with his lawyer prior to signing a plea agreement. Hogwash.

Once again, I have no say in the matter. Don't confuse me with the team doctor, the head coach or the commissioner of your FF league. I'm just expressing my opinion. If you don't like it, take a walk!!! Lol  
Reply/Quote
Tee will be back as soon as he clears the protocol... His agent, or the bottom line have nothing to do with it, and if it did, he better get his ass out there pronto. We all love Tee, but there ain't exactly a shortage of WRs that go for 1,000 yards, and 6-7 TDs. That position is ripe with talent in the NFL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 09:34 PM)jason Wrote: Tee will be back as soon as he clears the protocol... His agent, or the bottom line have nothing to do with it, and if it did, he better get his ass out there pronto. We all love Tee, but there ain't exactly a shortage of WRs that go for 1,000 yards, and 6-7 TDs. That position is ripe with talent in the NFL.

23 wide receivers went over 1000 yards

29 wide receivers had 6 or more touchdowns

a top 30 receiver isnt easy to find. Let alone one who's top 15 like Tee
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 09:34 PM)jason Wrote: We all love Tee, but there ain't exactly a shortage of WRs that go for 1,000 yards, and 6-7 TDs. That position is ripe with talent in the NFL.

Bro, I wouldn't say that. I think you'll be disappointed. Golladay went for 4/$72/$40guar after proving very little as a #1 with Doormat Detroit, and after he got injured no less. That was 2 years ago. Who knows what a player like him would go for now. Wideouts have never been more overpriced. There will be a lineup out the door for Higgins imo. 

Honestly, unless he gets hurt, I see very few ways for his value to come down between now and FA, especially if the team keeps winning. It's ironic because he hasn't done much, but he also has nothing left to prove. If he doesn't put up gaudy numbers, they'll say it's because of Chase. They'll defend him as a career winner deserving his own shot in the spotlight. Long, athletic and so marketable.... he'll be paid a king's ransom... 

Unless he gets hurt.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 09:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 23 wide receivers went over 1000 yards

29 wide receivers had 6 or more touchdowns

a top 30 receiver isnt easy to find. Let alone one who's top 15 like Tee

Definitely wasn't implying that he'd be left in the cold (honestly I think we find a way to keep a lil while longer... I see an overpriced guy on the other side of the ball on our team). Just feel like there's an abundance of guys that clear those marks at the moment. Tee's a baller, but he needs to ball to get paid. My overarching point is he ain't gonna sit out for the hell of it... Clear the protocol, and he's immediately back at practice/ the game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:02 PM)tms Wrote: Bro, I wouldn't say that. I think you'll be disappointed. Golladay went for 4/$72/$40guar after proving very little as a #1 with Doormat Detroit, and after he got injured no less. That was 2 years ago. Who knows what a player like him would go for now. Wideouts have never been more overpriced. There will be a lineup out the door for Higgins imo. 

Honestly, unless he gets hurt, I see very few ways for his value to come down between now and FA, especially if the team keeps winning. It's ironic because he hasn't done much, but he also has nothing left to prove. If he doesn't put up gaudy numbers, they'll say it's because of Chase. They'll defend him as a career winner deserving his own shot in the spotlight. Long, athletic and so marketable.... he'll be paid a king's ransom... 

Unless he gets hurt.

Kenny wasn't a scrub in Detroit. I remember more than a lil excitement around here when he was toying with us to jack up the price in New York... But yeah, that shit didn't work out too well.

Also playing not to get hurt will get you hurt. I just don't see that in Tee Higgins. Dude came out guns blazing til they landed that cheap shot Sunday.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 07:09 PM)tms Wrote: And for the record, do you think if he's "cleared" that means he's healthy? To me that's a bridge too far. Did you see that hit? Whether he's still exhibiting symptoms or not, you think that would mean he's 100%?!?! Absolutely no chance. Of course only Tee would know, but I'd think that's a pretty safe assumption. Who knows how long it'll take before he's back to 100. This league is f ridiculous. CTE is commonplace irrespective of whether you get cleared by the doctor. You'd do well to acknowledge that and respect the rigors that these players put themselves through for the entertainment of you and I. If you think everyone who passes the protocol is necessarily healthy... I'm sorry... your bar is way too low. 

And now you’re a neurologist?

How many games has Bates missed to protect his business so he gets that monster contract next year?
Reply/Quote
Does anyone have an actual update on Higgins that isn't BS?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And now you’re a neurologist?

He was also "cleared" last year (as was Logan Wilson). Then played with a torn labrum (as did Logan Wilson). But I guess that doesn't count unless there's a Will Smith movie made about it. 

Your fantasy team will be fine, dude. I have nothing to do with it. Keep your head up (no pun intended lol)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Does anyone have an actual update on Higgins that isn't BS?

He's in the concussion protocol... 50/50 chance he plays in Dallas. My sources tell me that Friday through Sunday morning will be very telling.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 09:00 PM)tms Wrote: YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU - I love the finger-pointing on bulletin boards lol. 

You want me to answer for your interpretations of my posts- even other people's interpretations of them. This is the last time I'll do it.

I would "be shocked" in no way implies that I'm speaking for Tee Higgins. Likewise, I "expect players to be taking their jolly time recovering this year" is my expectation. I'm not saying it'll happen for sure or that you must agree with me if you don't want to- I couldn't f care less! You're arguing with me like I'm a f judge. I have no power in this ordeal. Neither do you.

As for, ""it's not that they don't care about football, it's just that they don't care about it as much as the bottom line"--- YES! Not only did I say that then, I'm still saying that now! That's the point, whether he ends up playing through the concussion or not. Good God... how old are you- 12? He's not your slave. They all play for the money- every last one of them. They're not the Dalai Lama or Nelson Mandela or some humanitarian doing it for some philanthropic cause- namely to feed your insatiable appetite for football. No. Their bottom line is 1 000 000 000/1 000 000 000, 100% of the time more "important" to them than the football. They're using football as a means to an end.

Which is not to say (I can't believe I have to spell this out too lol) that they don't care about football. I never said that. Far from it. It's not a binary choice. There is a lonnnnnnnnng way between the thing they care about most in this world, and those they don't care about at all. So don't imply that I'm saying they don't care about football. Nothing could further from the truth.

Finally, this here will be the > very > first > time > that > I > have > ever > typed > CORDY GLENN'S name on this website. You're drawing another link that I never made. I'm not going to answer for your associations to Cordy Glenn, how you've vilified him over the years or how you feel about him now. You guessed it- I seriously couldn't gaf. I'm talking about how across the league- across the industry!- players and agents exist as a partnership. The latter ensures that his client's current and future earnings are not only protected, but optimized. I would imagine that the player usually has the final word, but there is no question that the agent provides significant input throughout the year, especially when said player is knocked borderline unconscious. That's the job. To suggest that any player will come back from a concussion prematurely without at least discussing it with his reps- irrespective of medical clearance- is an absurd claim. It is juvenile. It is like saying a defendant will not consult with his lawyer prior to signing a plea agreement. Hogwash.

Once again, I have no say in the matter. Don't confuse me with the team doctor, the head coach or the commissioner of your FF league. I'm just expressing my opinion. If you don't like it, take a walk!!! Lol  

No one has suggested Higgins return prior to medical clearance. You suggested he not return despite medical clearance.

How does a player clear the concussion protocol prematurely? Especially since advancing through the protocol is based upon player reported symptoms? If a player reports concussion symptoms they don’t advance. They go back one step until the symptoms resolve.

The only way he could “prematurely” clear the protocol would be by deliberately denying he has symptoms while they are still present in order to get back onto the field. Why would he deny having symptoms to get back on the field then not get back out onto the field?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:16 PM)jason Wrote: Kenny wasn't a scrub in Detroit. I remember more than a lil excitement around here when he was toying with us to jack up the price in New York... But yeah, that shit didn't work out too well.

Yeah, for sure not saying he was a scrub. I was pumped about him too because it would have meant Sewell haha. Just saying he put up a couple of Higgins-esque seasons, without the wins and national spotlight, yet still got the bag. Higgins is waiting to cash in his chips in the same way. I agree he can't/won't play at half-speed, though. That's not his style. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:02 PM)tms Wrote: Bro, I wouldn't say that. I think you'll be disappointed. Golladay went for 4/$72/$40guar after proving very little as a #1 with Doormat Detroit, and after he got injured no less. That was 2 years ago. Who knows what a player like him would go for now. Wideouts have never been more overpriced. There will be a lineup out the door for Higgins imo. 

Unless he gets hurt.

Apparently, he will still be able to get $40M guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Does anyone have an actual update on Higgins that isn't BS?

They said he's passed all the protocol stuff so far and he was officially listed as limited in practice today. As far as I know being in protocol all he can do in the first practice is be limited. It looks like he'll play Sunday unless he would have a setback which seems unlikely to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Apparently, he will still be able to get $40M guaranteed.

Yes, because all injuries are the same lol 

Let me do you a favor and put you on Ignore, my man. You're clearly looking for a fight. That's just bad energy all-around. Peace.
Reply/Quote

Pally posted a Ben Baby tweet he was limited in practice today.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629471746/league/umfva5wnr32ozmukz5jd.pdf

You can make an educated guess which phase he is in based upon his activities.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:42 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, for sure not saying he was a scrub. I was pumped about him too because it would have meant Sewell haha. Just saying he put up a couple of Higgins-esque seasons, without the wins and national spotlight, yet still got the bag. Higgins is waiting to cash in his chips in the same way. I agree he can't/won't play at half-speed, though. That's not his style. 

Yeah, he won’t play at half speed because you suggested he won’t suit up at all.

So which is it? He won’t play half speed? Or he won’t play at all to protect his business?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:36 PM)tms Wrote: He was also "cleared" last year (as was Logan Wilson). Then played with a torn labrum (as did Logan Wilson). But I guess that doesn't count unless there's a Will Smith movie made about it. 

Your fantasy team will be fine, dude. I have nothing to do with it. Keep your head up (no pun intended lol)

I don’t play fantasy football.

You just wrote all injuries aren’t the same and now you’re acting as if the treatment, prognosis, and return to play criteria are the same for concussions and labrum tears. I really wish you would have some consistency. Pointing out the inconsistencies and flawed logic doesn’t mean I’m looking for an argument. I’m giving my opinion. Not wild speculation.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 09:00 PM)tms Wrote: YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU - I love the finger-pointing on bulletin boards lol. 

Unless he gets hurt.

I just wanted to say that I agree with you for the most part TMS and I understand most all of your points.

Don't let a doctor get to you in OnceMore and such. He got to me too, but he knows a lot of things I do not.

I think in the end Tee will get a big pay day cause of his talent like you say.

I just hope he stays with us for a lesser price so we can keep the gang together instead of letting him go somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 08:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

All this other crud is just smoke filled coffee house crap.

Ok, let's argue about something else. I don't frequent coffee houses, but I always supposed the kinds of people who do are the same people who would vapor lock if someone smoked inside one of them......... Wink Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote