Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Tee is now the only tagged player without a new deal
(06-03-2024, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Chase might end up with a slight bit more AAV (35.5m) and a little less guaranteed.

If the Bengals go into the season with the highest paid Player, the highest paid non-QB.... and the highest paid Kicker!! will they still be considered a cheap franchise? Lol

That may mean for the next 4 years it would be Joe, Chase, Mac, and a bunch of 1-2 year guys and washed up veteran's on their last contract. 
Reply/Quote
With that as the model, there’s no way they can pay Tee. Probably couldn’t have done it anyway, but this ices it.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 12:51 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: That may mean for the next 4 years it would be Joe, Chase, Mac, and a bunch of 1-2 year guys and washed up veteran's on their last contract. 

Joe Burrow was given the contract he received because is a franchise QB. Franchise QBs elevate the games of others around them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chase needs a 1,700yd season to command that much money. You can only ride potential so far. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's simple math. You can't pay Burrow 55, Chase 35 and Tee 25 at the same time.

You don't need two high-end WRs. You only need one high end and then average to above receivers to succeed. When you have a QB like Joe, the need for more high-end talent becomes less important. 

I get that a lot of you want him, but unfortunately, he's a cap casualty here at the number he wants.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's simple math. You can't pay Burrow 55, Chase 35 and Tee 25 at the same time.

You don't need two high-end WRs. You only need one high end and then average to above receivers to succeed. When you have a QB like Joe, the need for more high-end talent becomes less important. 

I get that a lot of you want him, but unfortunately, he's a cap casualty here at the number he wants.

You wrote that book, didn't you?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You wrote that book, didn't you?

If burrow makes everyone around him better we dont need a 50m+ WR core
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 12:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats a fast way not to have a Franchise in Cincinnati any more

No it's not; stop playing doom and gloom!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:30 PM)J24 Wrote: No it's not; stop playing doom and gloom!

New owner would most likely want a larger market and there are some available. this is just reality vs kneejerk reacting and saying they should sell the team
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You wrote that book, didn't you?

If it's simple, it has to be me. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If it's simple, it has to be me. Big Grin

I was thinking of that one about winning friends and influencing people on Sports Message Boards.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just a massive deal and giving 88M up front is just an insane negotiation by Justin’s agent. It’ll suck for this year and next but years 3-4 of this deal ans extremely nice to Minny

They essentially said “Gon head and grape is right now while we aren’t paying a QB and then later this deal will be easy to manage

Could we approach this the same way? Burrows cap hit gets big next year so idk how we have any wiggle room but it’s not my job to figure out
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 01:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: New owner would most likely want a larger market and there are some available.  this is just reality vs kneejerk reacting and saying they should sell the team

Were a good market and the area has  a ton of corporate money. A owner is not going to want to move a team(especially if the owner has local ties) because of that + the hassle of moving a team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote