Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tee trade proposal idea
Saw this idea and liked it , Patriots will struggle this year would probably end up top tier pick in 2nd and 4th plus young WR to add to our WR room
https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/patriots-bengals-tee-higgins-blockbuster-trade-proposal
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At this point you don't trade Tee Higgins until the deadline.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: At this point you don't trade Tee Higgins until the deadline.

The article mentions waiting game, the longer he holds out the better chance of trade
Reply/Quote
The only way I see a deal for Higgins happening before the season starting is in a player for player trade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 08:13 PM)Synric Wrote: At this point you don't trade Tee Higgins until the deadline.

Bold is where I am at, don't need the last 3 words. I was very vocal about wanting to trade Tee last offseason and earlier this offseason, but once the draft has passed I am no longer interested in trading Tee. 2025 draft picks do not help us win in 2024 and the majority of good FAs are already signed so opening up more cap space isn't particularly helpful now either, so we'd ultimately just get worse in 2024 when we should be competing for SBs.

Only way I would theoretically trade Tee now is if at the deadline we're somehow like 3-6 or worse, which I find hard to imagine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bold is where I am at, don't need the last 3 words. I was very vocal about wanting to trade Tee last offseason and earlier this offseason, but once the draft has passed I am no longer interested in trading Tee. 2025 draft picks do not help us win in 2024 and the majority of good FAs are already signed so opening up more cap space isn't particularly helpful now either, so we'd ultimately just get worse in 2024 when we should be competing for SBs.

Only way I would theoretically trade Tee now is if at the deadline we're somehow like 3-6 or worse, which I find hard to imagine.

Tee has been in and out of lineup we will have won still and I'm not looking at one season, I'm looking at sustaining with Burrow and  rather get high picks in 2nd and 4th and another young WR .
Reply/Quote
Likelihood of things happening:

Joe Burrow signing a team friendly deal

JaMarr Chase sitting out voluntaries for reasons other than contract

bfine winning the lottery without buying a ticket

Kevin making a short post

Tee getting traded in 2024
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

(05-31-2024, 08:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The article mentions waiting game, the longer he holds out the better chance of trade

(05-31-2024, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...Only way I would theoretically trade Tee now is if at the deadline we're somehow like 3-6 or worse, which I find hard to imagine.

A problem with trading Tee that late is he cant sign a contract extension with the team he is traded to so he wouldnt hold much value. Tee needs to sign an extension by July 15 or else he has to play on a one year contract even if he is traded after that point. Of course he could sit out and just wait until next year but that would cost him a lot of money.
Reply/Quote
I am all for it.

Gives the Bengals cap room to fill up on vet cuts.

Trades a player with a difficult agent.

Next year Tee walks and the Bengals get a 3rd rounder.

The potential gain of vet depth this year, plus the added WR, outweighs Tee's value this year IMO.

With the improved o-line, Joe is going to cook, making everyone look good!
Reply/Quote
Tee is not getting dealt.

It sucks to say out loud, but he's over a barrel. His production and health last year are not enough to allow him to maximize his value. He probably only gets one shot at this second contract. He needs to come back and produce to get paid.

I like him a lot and wish he could be a Bengal forever. He's a good dude and has a rare skill set. Unfortunately he's on the same team as Ja'marr Chase.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Likelihood of things happening:

Joe Burrow signing a team friendly deal

JaMarr Chase sitting out voluntaries for reasons other than contract

bfine winning the lottery without buying a ticket

Kevin making a short post

Tee getting traded in 2024

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 06:21 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am all for it.

Gives the Bengals cap room to fill up on vet cuts.

Trades a player with a difficult agent.

Next year Tee walks and the Bengals get a 3rd rounder.

The potential gain of vet depth this year, plus the added WR, outweighs Tee's value this year IMO.

With the improved o-line, Joe is going to cook, making everyone look good!

Only if you don't sign any decent free agents.  Plus, it's more like a 4th rounder since it comes at the end of the round.

IF you truly think the Bengals are in a Super Bowl window, you don't trade Tee this year.  There's no reason to.  Now, next year, that may be a strong possibility.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2024, 03:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Only if you don't sign any decent free agents.  Plus, it's more like a 4th rounder since it comes at the end of the round.

IF you truly think the Bengals are in a Super Bowl window, you don't trade Tee this year.  There's no reason to.  Now, next year, that may be a strong possibility.

Im not buying this one year window idea, the organization has been balanced with it's approach we are not in a cap hell position besides we have a top tier QB that if he can stay healthy puts us at least in a competitive window each year.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 08:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Saw this idea and liked it , Patriots will struggle this year would probably end up top tier pick in 2nd and 4th plus young WR to add to our WR room
https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/patriots-bengals-tee-higgins-blockbuster-trade-proposal

First off, THANK YOU for not putting that God awful headline as the title of your post.

As to the proposal, I don't really see a downside to it (other than your standard losing a great talent like Higgins for the "potential" of future draft picks).

As 007BengalsFan points out that a trade needs to happen sooner due to the signing deadline. Which begs the question: does Tee have permission to negotiate with other teams? No, right? Otherwise, we would know about it, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Given what Jefferson just signed for I think I’d be even more apt to take this trade than I was before.

I get losing Tee this year would be a bit of a hit but I think the group of Burton, yoshi, gesicki and Douglas could pick up the slack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 09:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: First off, THANK YOU for not putting that God awful headline as the title of your post.

As to the proposal, I don't really see a downside to it (other than your standard losing a great talent like Higgins for the "potential" of future draft picks).

As 007BengalsFan points out that a trade needs to happen sooner due to the signing deadline. Which begs the question: does Tee have permission to negotiate with other teams? No, right? Otherwise, we would know about it, right?

At this point Tee is a free agent and can negotiate with any team he wants.  He doesnt need to get permission from the Bengals.  He could sign a contract today with the Patriots (or any other team) if they offered him one (although the Bengals could match the offer).  The issue is if the Patriots did sign Tee and the Bengals didnt match the offer, the Patriots would owe the Bengals 2 first round draft picks for signing a non exclusive franchise tagged player.  

The reason you have talk about the Bengals trading Tee and having negotiations with other teams is because nobody is going to give up 2 first round draft picks to sign Tee so these other teams will try to negotiate a better deal on draft picks through a trade.  In the end though, nothing is stopping another NFL team from negotiating with Tee's agent or signing him to an offer sheet.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:30 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: At this point Tee is a free agent and can negotiate with any team he wants.  He doesnt need to get permission from the Bengals.  He could sign a contract today with the Patriots (or any other team) if they offered him one.  The issue is if the Patriots did sign Tee, they would owe the Bengals 2 first round draft picks for signing a non exclusive franchise tagged player.  

The reason you have talk about the Bengals trading Tee and having negotiations with other teams is because nobody is going to give up 2 first round draft picks to sign Tee so these other teams will try to negotiate a better deal on draft picks through a trade.  In the end though, nothing is stopping another NFL team from signing Tee or negotiating with Tee's agent.

Are you sure that is true? Indeed, Tee hasn't signed his Franchise Tag, but as I understand he is not able to negotiate with teams other than the Bengals until they rescind the tag.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that is true? Indeed, Tee hasn't signed his Franchise Tag, but as I understand he is not able to negotiate with teams other than the Bengals until they rescind the tag.

I had it backwards at first.  They used the non-exlusive tag on him so the Bengals have right to first refusal but another team can sign him if they give up 2 first round picks. But not if the Bengals match the other teams offer.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I had it backwards at first.  They used the non-exlusive tag on him so the Bengals have right to first refusal but another team can sign him if they give up 2 first round picks.

Thanks for straightening that out, it is easy to get them backward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2024, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that is true? Indeed, Tee hasn't signed his Franchise Tag, but as I understand he is not able to negotiate with teams other than the Bengals until they rescind the tag.

The exclusive franchise tag would not allow Tee's agent to seek an offer from another team but Tee was tagged as a non exclusive franchise player which allows his agent to seek a deal from another team
Reply/Quote