Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tee trade proposal idea
(06-15-2024, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Tee plays decent it would be, but I don't think he would like it and if he puts up another season of just 600 yards and 6 TD's it wouldn't be a bargain.

Dude would be robbing us, that production can be put up for much less dough.

Excellent point. What we are paying him doesn't match his numbers. Granted, last year was rough on him. However, he can earn it or expect to move on. If he puts up numbers like that again, no franchise tag next year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 05:33 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The tag will be a bargain again next year.

Just sayin'.

not if the Bengals have reached an impasse, would be better to trade him and get something out of him plus we have drafted young WRs past two drafts gives them time to develop so not like we will have no depth at WR in 2025-26.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 08:36 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not if the Bengals have reached an impasse, would be better to trade him and get something out of him plus we have drafted young WRs past two drafts gives them time to develop so not like we will have no depth at WR in 2025-26.

If you want to trade him, you have to tag him first. No one is gonna give you anything for a guy who is a FA in a month. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 01:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If you want to trade him, you have to tag him first. No one is gonna give you anything for a guy who is a FA in a month. 
I believe a couple players have bee. Tagged 2x and then traded , but very rare, I still would move on from Tee if we don't come to a contract this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2024, 10:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bold is where I am at, don't need the last 3 words. I was very vocal about wanting to trade Tee last offseason and earlier this offseason, but once the draft has passed I am no longer interested in trading Tee. 2025 draft picks do not help us win in 2024 and the majority of good FAs are already signed so opening up more cap space isn't particularly helpful now either, so we'd ultimately just get worse in 2024 when we should be competing for SBs.

Only way I would theoretically trade Tee now is if at the deadline we're somehow like 3-6 or worse, which I find hard to imagine.

Agreed. Every year with Joe should be "win now mode".

No kicking the can down the road. Push all the chips in every year.

If we don't win the Super Bowl and lose someone like Tee, oh well. Adjust.

We'd get a comp pick anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 10:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Every year with Joe should be "win now mode".

No kicking the can down the road. Push all the chips in every year.

If we don't win the Super Bowl and lose someone like Tee, oh well. Adjust.

We'd get a comp pick anyway.
Win now mode can mean different things,to most it is a 1 to 2 yr window which we are not, I want to be the Brady, Manning and  Mahomes  era.
Reply/Quote