Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-21-2021, 04:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I am literally stunned by this tweet by Lebron James.  

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1384951673530068994

Utterly reprehensible.

you are not really surprised are you?  I'm not.

And this goes back to what I was saying about the black community not helping themselves at all.  He is a well respected, rich, famous black man threatening to murder a cop who probably just saved a kids life.  This s@$t is completely out of control.  No one is even logical at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:55 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: you are not really surprised are you?  I'm not.

And this goes back to what I was saying about the black community not helping themselves at all.  He is a well respected, rich, famous black man threatening to murder a cop who probably just saved a kids life.  This s@$t is completely out of control.  No one is even logical at this point.

I hope this officer sues the ever loving shit out of James.  Yes, I am surprised.  I didn't think we were that far gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I hope this officer sues the ever loving shit out of James.  Yes, I am surprised.  I didn't think we were that far gone.

I am only surprised that he is the only one that did it.  And sadly I do believe we are that far gone and getting worse quickly.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:55 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: you are not really surprised are you?  I'm not.

I interpreted to mean he is going to be next to be prosecuted and jailed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I am literally stunned by this tweet by Lebron James.  

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1384951673530068994

Utterly reprehensible.

I cant see it. What does it say?

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:09 PM)treee Wrote: I interpreted to mean he is going to be next to be prosecuted and jailed.

Sure, you interpreted it that way.  You think there aren't a large number of idiots out there who will interpret it differently?  Also, this officer did literally nothing wrong.  He should be praised for saving that other girl's life.  What a cesspit of shit we are creating in this country.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I cant see it. What does it say?

[Image: zZZ8hXi_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&...ity=medium]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I cant see it. What does it say?

It's a picture of the officer in Ohio caption with;

YOU’RE NEXT

[Image: 23f3.svg]

#ACCOUNTABILITY
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, you interpreted it that way.  You think there aren't a large number of idiots out there who will interpret it differently?  Also, this officer did literally nothing wrong.  He should be praised for saving that other girl's life.  What a cesspit of shit we are creating in this country.

Contextually, I'd say characterizing it as a violent statement is dishonest.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:17 PM)treee Wrote: Contextually, I'd say characterizing it as a violent statement is dishonest.

I didn't say that was his intent.  I don't believe it was his intent.  I can absolutely see a large number of people interpreting it that way.  Regardless, the main point is that this officer performed their duty in admirable fashion and likely saved a person's life.  For them to be targeted by anyone for that, let alone a person of James' public stature, is reprehensible.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't say that was his intent.  I don't believe it was his intent.  I can absolutely see a large number of people interpreting it that way.  Regardless, the main point is that this officer performed their duty in admirable fashion and likely saved a person's life.  For them to be targeted by anyone for that, let alone a person of James' public stature, is reprehensible.

The only thing I'm arguing against here is the characterization of LeBron's post as "He is a well respected, rich, famous black man threatening to murder a cop who probably just saved a kids life."
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:26 PM)treee Wrote: The only thing I'm arguing against here is the characterization of LeBron's post as "He is a well respected, rich, famous black man threatening to murder a cop who probably just saved a kids life."

Looking back on my posts I don't know how anyone could have possibly gleaned that from them, even remotely.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Looking back on my posts I don't know how anyone could have possibly gleaned that from them, even remotely.

A different person said that exact quote earlier in the thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:28 PM)treee Wrote: A different person said that exact quote earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I just saw it.  I don't agree with that assessment, I certainly don't think his tweet was meant in that fashion.  I absolutely do think that the way he worded the tweet absolutely opens up people to interpret it that way, both pro and anti LEO.  I stand by my assessment of his tweet though, it's reprehensible and monstrously irresponsible.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 03:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The way the scenario looked to the police you were going to have an unarmed kid dead on the ground from stabbing, or an armed kid dead on the ground that tried to stab the other kid.

Kids shouldn't have knives fight on the street.

I'm talking about an idea that you shouldn't kill kids you are supposed to raise as a society. That was my intent. The case is anecdotical.

But once again, I'm not very familiar with that kind of events and maybe if it was on my daily basis experience of life, I might change my mind.

It reminds me of the City of God a brazilian movie which is definitely worth to see. A story about abandoned kids in a favela.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I just saw it.  I don't agree with that assessment, I certainly don't think his tweet was meant in that fashion.  I absolutely do think that the way he worded the tweet absolutely opens up people to interpret it that way, both pro and anti LEO.  I stand by my assessment of his tweet though, it's reprehensible and monstrously irresponsible.

I get what you're saying to a degree. When you have a large platform, you have a responsibility to be more careful with your messaging. I disagree with your assessment of how open to interpretation it is. Contextually it is pretty apparent to me what he means. Could some mentally unwell person interpret it differently than that? I could see it. I could see how you could argue it is irresponsible, but I also understand who his intended audience is with that tweet. It's about black solidarity against systemic racism.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:53 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Kids shouldn't have knives fight on the street.

I'm talking about an idea that you shouldn't kill kids you are supposed to raise as a society. That was my intent. The case is anecdotical.

But once again, I'm not very familiar with that kind of events and maybe if it was on my daily basis experience of life, I might change my mind.

It reminds me of the City of God a brazilian movie which is definitely worth to see. A story about abandoned kids in a favela.

I think the disconnect between you in Bels right now is that you are speaking on more broad societal context, whereas Bels is saying situationally that there most likely could not have been a less deadly outcome in that moment. Either the person with the knife or the person they were accosting were highly likely to become mortally wounded in that situation.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:57 PM)treee Wrote: I get what you're saying to a degree. When you have a large platform, you have a responsibility to be more careful with your messaging. I disagree with your assessment of how open to interpretation it is. Contextually it is pretty apparent to me what he means. Could some mentally unwell person interpret it differently than that? I could see it. I could see how you could argue it is irresponsible, but I also understand who his intended audience is with that tweet. It's about black solidarity against systemic racism.

Then maybe pick an incident other than one in which the officer did his job properly and likely saved someone's life.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 06:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then maybe pick an incident other than one in which the officer did his job properly and likely saved someone's life.

You may be right. My gut feeling was that they should have been tased instead, but as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread; Tasers don't work on some people when they have adrenaline and they also just flat out don't deploy properly sometimes. Considering someone's life was at risk, I understand not talking that chance of failure to stop the knife weilder.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 05:57 PM)treee Wrote: I get what you're saying to a degree. When you have a large platform, you have a responsibility to be more careful with your messaging. I disagree with your assessment of how open to interpretation it is. Contextually it is pretty apparent to me what he means. Could some mentally unwell person interpret it differently than that? I could see it. I could see how you could argue it is irresponsible, but I also understand who his intended audience is with that tweet. It's about black solidarity against systemic racism.

That Tweet never should have been sent. The fact's haven't even came out yet. A life was possibly saved, one was lost. Had the officer done nothing, he would be under attack also.  Lebron would probably have attacked him there too. If we don't settle down, officers will arrive once the dust settles only to report their findings. Then there will be an outcry, "Where were the police?" 

Reply/Quote