Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Temper your expectations
(07-23-2017, 07:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Really? 

That's some damn fine optimism, I envy that actually. 

But I mean... You look at the offensive line from 1988 and the one we have today... 

I hope like hell they prove me wrong 

The "missing ingredient" in 2016 was Andre Smith -- and he's back.

Losing Andrew Whitworth was huge but if we search deep within it was time to make the change to a younger player.  I think the world of Andrew's leadership capabilities but he was losing a step.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the O-line will be above avg this yr...
w/ all the weapons on offense
it's 16-0
then we sweep the playoffs & win the S.B...
Mixon will win afc off rook of the yr...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 08:31 PM)Steve Wrote: I think the O-line will be above avg this yr...
w/ all the weapons on offense
it's 16-0
then we sweep the playoffs & win the S.B...
Mixon will win afc off rook of the yr...

Now that's some expectations!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 12:25 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Not going  over the flaws of this team because they've been talked about to death.

Yes, we have many promising rookies to look forward to. But they're still rookies.

I plan to enjoy watching their development and looking forward to next year. But I find it hard to be optimistic about a good showing this year from the bengals.

The fastest WR in the history of the NFL is now lining up on the same side of the line of scrimmage opposite AJ Green.

Tyler Eifert and Vontaze Burfict are in contract years, and Burfict appears to be in awesome shape.

They drafted what some referred to as the best receiving RB in the draft, and a few referred to him as the best overall RB in the draft.  

They have Jeremy Hill in a contract year.  For RBs, that is HUGE as most don't get a third contract.  

They drafted the fastest DE in the draft that is also the one with the highest "explosiveness score" (bench reps at 225 plus vertical, plus long jump).  

They also drafted another DE/OLB that has similar traits that fell to the fourth round due to injuries.

They have an incredibly accurate and strong legged kicker.

Their OC is in his second year, and history shows that Gruden and Hue both had significant growth in year two in terms of production.

Billings is 100% healthy, as is WJIII....it is like getting two more first round picks this past year, but they have been in-house for a year and know their roles.

Fej...nuff said.

I can see the reason for the skepticism.  History.  But if you look forward instead of backwards, you will see this team is ready to roll.  
Reply/Quote
We lost the two best pieces of the worst part of our team (offensive line). My expectations are tempered.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 12:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We lost the two best pieces of the worst part of our team (offensive line). My expectations are tempered.

Again i will argue that Boling is a better all around Guard than Zeitler. Much better run blocker and almost as good at protecting
the passer. He just needs to be healthy unlike last year and he is. Andre at RG should be a big time upgrade in the running game
over Zeit and being that he has pretty much always played Tackle should be decent at the very least at protecting the passer as a
Guard since he will not be facing the elite pass rushers like he always was at RT.

Our Guard situation might just be better than last year.

I love Whit but you never know if he is about to fall off at 37 years old...

Very well could of been the right decision to let my bro go. Og has looked great so far in the Offseason, we will see on this one.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Again i will argue that Boling is a better all around Guard than Zeitler. Much better run blocker and almost as good at protecting
the passer. He just needs to be healthy unlike last year and he is. Andre at RG should be a big time upgrade in the running game over Zeit and being that he has pretty much always played Tackle should be decent at the very least at protecting the passer as a
Guard since he will not be facing the elite pass rushers like he always was at RT.

Very well could of been the right decision to let my bro go. Og has looked great so far in the Offseason, we will see on this one.

If Andre is just average I would be thrilled. Better than Z? That's hitting the lottery. There's no way Andre will be better than Z, tho. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:25 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If Andre is just average I would be thrilled. Better than Z? That's hitting the lottery. There's no way Andre will be better than Z, tho. 

Andre's health is my only concern.

I guaranfrickintee Andre will be better in the run game than Z if he can stay healthy.

You watch Z block in the running game last year?

Was pathetic dude. The Clowns just proved what Clowns they really are by overpaying the guy that much.

Zeitler is great in pass protection tho, i will give him that.
Reply/Quote
Shame on everyone for continuing to fall for this chodes threads.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Again i will argue that Boling is a better all around Guard than Zeitler. Much better run blocker and almost as good at protecting
the passer. He just needs to be healthy unlike last year and he is. Andre at RG should be a big time upgrade in the running game
over Zeit and being that he has pretty much always played Tackle should be decent at the very least at protecting the passer as a

There are just so many ifs. I dont share your optimism. Hopefully it pans out, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 12:25 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Not going  over the flaws of this team because they've been talked about to death.

Yes, we have many promising rookies to look forward to. But they're still rookies.

I plan to enjoy watching their development and looking forward to next year. But I find it hard to be optimistic about a good showing this year from the bengals.

My view on the team since the draft was that they have all the pieces needed now besides the OL. Next year, they can really address the OL via draft and/or FA (likely draft).
My expectations are 8-8 for 2017 and 12-4 in 2018 with the first playoff win(s) in over a quarter of a century.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Andre's health is my only concern.

I guaranfrickintee Andre will be better in the run game than Z if he can stay healthy.

You watch Z block in the running game last year?

Was pathetic dude. The Clowns just proved what Clowns they really are by overpaying the guy that much.

Zeitler is great in pass protection tho, i will give him that.

Z was not that bad at run blocking. He not a mauler, but he's certainly better than Andre will be there. He was graded at a 83.1 and named second team all pro via PFF. 

I will make a prediction that Ced will be better than Andre. I personally think Andre will be last years Og. 
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 02:58 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Z was not that bad at run blocking. He not a mauler, but he's certainly better than Andre will be there. He was graded at a 83.1 and named second team all pro via PFF. 

I will make a prediction that Ced will be better than Andre. I personally think Andre will be last years Og. 

well I doubt we see big Andre pull to the left to much lol but I agree he is better in the run game than big Z... and will probly be better in pass pro(than his years at RT) without an edge to protect.

If not there is Westerman who is a powerful dude and trey Hopkins could possibly play.

on the OL I'm only really worried about the 2 new bookends.  but Fisher seemed to be getting the hang of RT last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I doubt we see big Andre pull to the left to much lol but I agree he is better in the run game than big Z... and will probly be better in pass pro(than his years at RT) without an edge to protect.

If not there is Westerman who is a powerful dude and trey Hopkins could possibly play.

on the OL I'm only really worried about the 2 new bookends.  but Fisher seemed to be getting the hang of RT last year.

I'm not sure how we can say this seeing as he's never took a snap there? And he's always been just average(ish). Do you think that the move to RG will make him turn into a second team all-pro, or will he be visiting the same Doctor as Tom Brady  Ninja

But I am down with trying those guys out preseason. I hope they can prove to be reliable because I have almost no faith in Andre.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are just so many ifs. I dont share your optimism. Hopefully it pans out, though. 

Thats cool. The big if lol

IF the O-line plays decent this will be one tough team to stop Offensively with all these weapons.

And i love this Defense.

(07-24-2017, 02:58 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Z was not that bad at run blocking. He not a mauler, but he's certainly better than Andre will be there. He was graded at a 83.1 and named second team all pro via PFF. 

I put less stock in PFF than ever right now so this does not surprise me.

I cannot remember how many times Zeitler got beat by his man in the run game last year.

Always thought Andre would make a better Guard than Tackle. He is a good run blocker unlike Z and like Xeno said here
it will be easier blocking in the passing game than on the edge against elite pass rushers like Andre has always done in the
past. Those smaller speed rushers won't be matching up against him all the time.

He can put his head down and be the mauler in the run game we haven't had since Bobbie Williams at RG.

(07-24-2017, 03:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I doubt we see big Andre pull to the left to much lol but I agree he is better in the run game than big Z... and will probly be better in pass pro(than his years at RT) without an edge to protect.

Zeit was too slow to pull as well. I am sure Andre would be even worse at pulling. Hope we don't try using him this way.

Redmond is another dark horse on this team at Guard that has been working his ass off this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm not sure how we can say this seeing as he's never took a snap there? And he's always been just average(ish). Do you think that the move to RG will make him turn into a second team all-pro, or will he be visiting the same Doctor as Tom Brady  Ninja

But I am down with trying those guys out preseason. I hope they can prove to be reliable because I have almost no faith in Andre.

well hes big and strong but not too fast...  So not having to defend an edge should help him...  our run game was pretty good when he was here. and healthy

With Andre the big ???? is can he stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:39 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Shame on everyone for continuing to fall for this chodes threads.

Hi Erin.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually very excited about this season. I've watched this team rip my heart out since the first SB loss but for some reason I think this is our year. Maybe having Marvin in prove it now mode will do the trick. I think it may force Marvin to be a little more aggressive as far as starting a rookie here or there if a player like PAC Man is struggling, or Hill. We have a lot of weapons and a backup QB that I think is more than capable to keep this team winning if something was to happen. We have pretty good depth with the draft and the 2nd year rookies that got hurt. Of course they have to prove themselves.
But I also know our whole season basically comes down to our O-line. If they gel look out. We have a decent schedule so far based on last season. So I'm pumped. Plus I moved out of the Cincinnati coverage area so of course they will be awesome when I can't watch the games. Very good feeling this is our year. So let's freakin Do This.

P.S. Anyone that can give me some insight on how to watch live Bengal games using a fire stick with Kodi please PM me. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well hes big and strong but not too fast...  So not having to defend an edge should help him...  our run game was pretty good when he was here. and healthy

With Andre the big ???? is can he stay healthy.

I would like to see how fundamentally sound he'll be in a new position.
Not questioning strength or size, but the lack of experience he has there. I heard the same thing about Ced playing RT. That didn't turn out well. Just saying learning a new position in the NFL is no easy task or every lineman will be masters of multiple positions
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 01:33 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We mostly just have to stay healthy, and we will be fine.

If Ced O doesn't massively improve from how bad he was last year Andy will be out for the year by week 6. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote