Ja'Marr Chase
DJ Reeder
Logan Wilson
Evan McPhearson
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Game Game Ball (playoff edition)
(01-22-2022, 10:10 PM)motoarch Wrote: Other than that one penalty he was awesome.

(Flowers) Yeah, that was a tough penalty.  Going full speed.  A late fair catch signal.  Then the guy steps right into where Flowers was trying to avoid him.  They bump a little and --- penalty.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Kind of forgotten in the whole end-of-game excitement was Mike Hilton who had back to back very consequential plays.

1) chased down a sprinting AJ Brown in the open field preventing a Chase-style short pass, long run touchdown. I never realized Hilton was that fast until you saw him coming from way behind to make that tackle.

2) next play he deflected a Tannehill pass, catching it for an interception

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Kind of forgotten in the whole end-of-game excitement was Mike Hilton who had back to back very consequential plays.

1) chased down a sprinting AJ Brown in the open field preventing a Chase-style short pass, long run touchdown. I never realized Hilton was that fast until you saw him coming from way behind to make that tackle.

His pick was really impressive for a guy who’s only 5’9. He just jumped up and snatched that thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:42 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Ryan T. deserves at least one of those little balls that cheerleaders used to throw into the crowd at high school games. We'll give him one of those.  Tanny is the only QB of a #1 seeded team whose first pass and last pass were intercepted in the home loss.

He probably should have been a poll choice, the man was absolutely clutch!  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:16 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Because there are 44 sounds in the English language and only 26 letters.

That’s actually a good answer. Haven’t heard that one before.

Do you have a good reason for not spelling ‘Foh paw’ like it sounds?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Kind of forgotten in the whole end-of-game excitement was Mike Hilton who had back to back very consequential plays.

1) chased down a sprinting AJ Brown in the open field preventing a Chase-style short pass, long run touchdown.  I never realized Hilton was that fast until you saw him coming from way behind to make that tackle.

This!
(01-23-2022, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His pick was really impressive for a guy who’s only 5’9. He just jumped up and snatched that thing.
Unbelievable play!!! How many times do you see a DB make a play like that and the ball just hits the ground?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s French.

What about shampayn? Why all the silent letters?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:35 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That’s actually a good answer. Haven’t heard that one before.

Faux pas are French words that translate (loosely?) to "False step". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Evan celebrated his game winning kick with a nice ice cold bottle....of water

and today he is really going wild by having some sweet tea.

I can't wait to see his next celebration

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Faux pas are French words that translate (loosely?) to "False step". 

I thought this thread was supposed to be about who gets the game ball. Why are we talking about grammar? Why are we talking about grammar in a sports forum for that matter? Lol.

Sorry for talking about the game in this thread. I see now how ridiculous that is.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:38 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I thought this thread was supposed to be about who gets the game ball. Why are we talking about grammar? Why are we talking about grammar in a sports forum for that matter? Lol.

Sorry for talking about the game in this thread. I see now how ridiculous that is.

Uhhhhhh. You asked the question. I just answered it. Maybe you should ask yourself that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

1) chased down a sprinting AJ Brown in the open field preventing a Chase-style short pass, long run touchdown.  I never realized Hilton was that fast until you saw him coming from way behind to make that tackle.

I think you mean chasing down the RB on a run play not Brown on a pass. Either way it was a great play
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Uhhhhhh. You asked the question. I just answered it. Maybe you should ask yourself that?

Hey man calm down. I was just responding to someone else that was giving me crap for my spelling/grammar. I wasn’t trying to make a big thing about it. But I guess it’s a big deal to not be perfect with spelling on this forum. Again, I’d prefer to stick to the topic of football—and maybe keep the spelling/grammar discussions to a different forum. But it’s all good. Who do you prefer we play next?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The ref who didn't see ZT calling for a timeout on that game-changing INT, is an honorable mention. Hell, I give the gameball to everyone who isn't on the o-line.

To be fair, they just showed him running, he never showed like he wanted to call a TO (I mean, why else would a coach run lol); it could've been to point out an alignment issue or something.

But hey, if a HC is calling a TO on D and he doesn't call the D, that may have been on Lou to get Zac to call it. Weird sitch all-around.

I went with Evan, btw.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 03:35 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That’s actually a good answer. Haven’t heard that one before.

That is the reason why we can't spell all words how they sound, as we don't have letter for every sound so have to have phonemes for particular sounds. In addition to this the English language was a naturally developed language that formed naturally and not following a rigid set of rules and took words from other languages and adopted the irregular spelliing from that language, your example is an example for this.

One of my favourites is Phonetically (spelt how it sounds) is not spelt phonetically, that is because it has a Greek origin and the Greek alphabet uses ph instead of f for the f sound.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To be fair, they just showed him running, he never showed like he wanted to call a TO (I mean, why else would a coach run lol); it could've been to point out an alignment issue or something.

But hey, if a HC is calling a TO on D and he doesn't call the D, that may have been on Lou to get Zac to call it. Weird sitch all-around.

I went with Evan, btw.

According to the presser, he wasn't trying to call timeout.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m not gonna lie, the Titans ran a D no other team can run

I honestly feel like we can win the bowl

The Titans were so creative with their rush and Joe still played good enough to win
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Shooter McPhearson.

He eats POS like that for breakfast.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never has a Game Day ball been awarded this far in the history of the internet, but we get to award one. Your choices:

Joe Burrow: 348 yards passer rating of 93.1

Joe Mixon: 104 yards from scrimmage, 1 TD

Ja”Marr Chase: 5 catches 109 yards

DJ “King Slayer” Reeder: 6 tackles and held “The King” to 3.1 YPC

Logan Wilson: 8 tackles, 1 INT

Evan McPhearson: 4 for 4 FGs, long of 54, gane winner of 52

Other

Really like "King Slayer" for Reader.  Someone needs to make this a meme with Lannister golden armor and King Henry laying at his feet.  
Reply/Quote