Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texans @ Bengals MNF predictions
(11-08-2015, 10:23 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Winston is as good or better than 'dre, so...? Why single him out?

I haven't watched him that closely this year, but he sucked at the end of last season.  Especially in the playoff game.
Reply/Quote
OK, my pick....Houston has that great pass rush. Dalton will take a beating. It's not all Watt either. Of course, we have Gio and Dunlap and Company. If you LOVE quarterback sacks, you will love both defenses in this game....But the game is in Cincinnati for one thing, and we need our fans to be the 12th man on defense, and I think they will be .....and our defense only gave up 10 points to Steelers and a 13 or so to Browns....Now Hoyer and the Texans offense isn't any better than Steelers. Our DB's have been playing lights out.  Houston scored 20 against Tennessee, not a very good team. Lets cut that back and give them 13.......Now the Bengals scored 16 on Steelers and 30 some points on Browns. Houstons defense is pretty good like the Steelers.  How about 20 points for the Bengals........Bengals 20, Texans 13......or Bengals 24 and Texans 17

Houston has a heck of a defensive line, but so do we. Jonathan Joseph is still good at DB. They hit you with that pass rush and sacks and try to force interceptions. They are also still hard to run short screens on. It takes a solid running game to make them play the run and not tee off on the QB all game. That is where Hill and Gio come in. Bengals offensive line MUST step up, and the injury to Smith at RT hurts because that is where Watt lines up a lot. We can't use all our weapons if Dalton is getting sacked all game. .....Not as good is Houstons offense. Hoyer is OK, but this is THE JUNGLE and we have been playing lights out defense also.

So I think a Bengals/ Steelers type score 20 to 13 or 24 to 17....Bengals win in THE JUNGLE, and the game ball may have to be shared with the fans, the 12th man on defense.  In those 2 play-off games, Houston turned up the NOISE on us. Now it's time to turn up THE NOISE on them. ....Bengals go to 9-0 in a game of two tough defenses of great Front Four's. ...If you like QB's getting sacked, you will love this game. I just hope Dalton comes out of it healthy. To say the least, we need him.  Watt and Company vs Atkins & Dunlap and Company...a tough day at the beach for the offensive lines. Some X's and O's on paper will get blown up by the dominance of the defenses.  This ain't Houston and Bengals win in THE JUNGLE over a Houston team still very much in the play-off hunt in the AFC South.

Oh Yes, Jones and Tate could have big games on kick returns, it's kind of a Houston weakness.  Bengals might win this game on special teams. 

No, I'm not predicting Bengals to score 30 or 40 points. I'm giving Watt and that D more credit than that.......but  predicting them to beat Houston trying to win the AFC South with that tough D Line isn't bad, nor is predicting Bengals to go to 9-0 ....9-0....sounds good. .....However, IF the Bengals O Line does get the Bengals 30 or 40 points and Bengals win by a huge score against Watt and Company, that my friends will be a message that the 2015 Bengals are getting better as Super Bowl approaches.  ...If we hold Steelers, Browns and Texans all under 20 points, How About Our D, that is Super Bowl D type numbers. Fans love offense but Defense wins Super Bowls. ( but if our O Line gets real tough like a Bill Parcells or Vince Lombardi team, to go with our D, here we go ). 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
29-16. Bengals go to 9-0.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:53 AM)jeremydc Wrote: 31- 24 Bengals.

Our D is still a bit suspect (even though some of you won't admit it)... This week with Johnny boy shouldn't be an indicator of our next game.

Our D Line is great, maybe elite.  Our secondary, especially Kirkpatrick, worries me a little.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 02:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I haven't watched him that closely this year, but he sucked at the end of last season.  Especially in the playoff game.

the playoff was the only game of the Dalton era where I didn't watch it: accidentally saw the score at work and didn't bother.

But at the end of last season, he absolutely did NOT suck: he was arguably the best olineman after Whitworth for that 4 Game stretch.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:27 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Our D Line is great, maybe elite.  Our secondary, especially Kirkpatrick, worries me a little.

Our DB's played great against Steelers and Browns. Steelers light up the scoreboard on everybody, but our DB's were all over them, and making interceptions. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
One thing I find funny is that I have visited other teams boards all year, and since week 3 every week the opposing team predicts they will win because, "they haven't played anyone good" or "They aren't as good as their record says". I am all for supporting your team, but an undefeated team just didn't luck into being undefeated. It is funny to seem them rationalize things too. One of the Texans fans said we are average on both sides of the ball, now maybe on defense but our offense is the 6th rated offense in the league for total yards SMH.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: One thing I find funny is that I have visited other teams boards all year, and since week 3 every week the opposing team predicts they will win because, "they haven't played anyone good" or "They aren't as good as their record says". I am all for supporting your team, but an undefeated team just didn't luck into being undefeated. It is funny to seem them rationalize things too. One of the Texans fans said we are average on both sides of the ball, now maybe on defense but our offense is the 6th rated offense in the league for total yards SMH.

At Oakland turns out to be no easy game... Kansas City was a tough game at the time.....The Chargers were a tough game at the time.....Then people said Bengals would lose at Baltimore, home to Seattle and at Buffalo.....Bengals instead won all 3, and now are you telling me those teams that were suppose to beat us are now considered easy games ????....and winning at Pittsburg, was that easy.  ???.....and beating rival team Browns.....no, no and no.....People said those teams would beat us, and they didn't.....Then lets say Patriots haven't played anybody. Jets haven't played anybody. Who else do people got , they haven't played anybody. ....Bengals have won tough road games in the NFL and beating Seattle in The Jungle one heck of a win.  If 8-0 is SO EASY, how come only 3 teams are 8-0 ???????????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I predict a 34 - 10 Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
Madden says:
Texans 14
Bengals 35
Andy tosses three INTs - and three TDs - and he and McCarron (coming in for an injury) each run one in, with Hill rushing rushing for 167 yards.

Reality says:
Texans 10
Bengals 21
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bengals: 30
Texans: 13

Bengals go to 9-0 with another convincing win.
Reply/Quote
30-17 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28
Houston 16

I think this game stays close through the first half until Dalton figures them out.
Then big scores in the second.

Can't stop Hopkins all day so I can see a garbage time TD.

Good guys win.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28 Texans 10
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Prediction: PFF will say that JJ Watt has an amazing game even if he leaves after the first snap due to injury.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It should be a 2-3 TD lead by the end but I have a feeling we will scrape by with a win by less than 7 points. We squat an egg but come out of it again resurrecting the 'Cardiac Cats'

Reply/Quote
I don't see us laying an egg at home. Crowd will be pumped again and I believe Houston, after handing us two playoff losses, is as much on our list to beat as any non-division team. Kubiak's zone run schemes are gone. We bottle up the running game, and successfully harass Hoyer in the second half. We have followed a pattern of figuring teams out in the first half and wearing them down in the second, but I think we start fast in this one and never look back. Could end up being closer as Texans will feel the pressure to keep pace with Indy after Luck's injury, but I think we hammer down...38-10 good guys Tiger
Reply/Quote
I hope you are right bro.

Reply/Quote
Texans have one of the worst rush offenses in the league and also one of the worst rush defenses. I would expect us to just grind them up on the ground and control both lines. 28-10 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Houston is coming in hot and their defensive line is going to control the line of scrimmage the whole night. How can we even have a chance in this game if that happens? We are far past due to have a flat game. This is the week we get anilahated on national tv. Dalton throws 3 picks, we lose two starters on offense and the national pundits, the talking heads, jump off our bandwagon. We will become this weeks version of the Packers.

Houston- 27
Bengals- 17
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote