Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Texans @ Bengals Predictions
This could be a trap game where the Bengals in the past lose a game where they are expecting a win.

I don't think so this time, the fact that we are currently in last place and are the hunters and not the hunted somewhat spells dividends.

I look for both teams to score often with the Bengals on top.

Bengals 35
Texans 28

P.S. I have both Stroud and Dell on my fantasy football team where I picked them both up on waivers a few weeks ago. Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't like trap games, but I think this team is too mature to fall victim.

Bengals 31 - Texans 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals 33 - 24 Texans
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't see this team falling for a trap game for several reasons. We have too many saavy players to fall into that trap, and secondly, we are still trailing the division and they know they need every win they can get.
Reply/Quote
I think the defense continues to improve and will be a speedbump in Strouds fine rookie season. If Chase doesn't play it will be a little closer than it should be.

Bengals- 31
Texans-17
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I don't think we have a profound weakness to rookie QBs like we have in the past. Since 2021, I only see 3 games against rookie QBs and we went 2-1 against them (Pickett last year, Lawrence and Fields in 2021). There may have been more, but I don't recall any others. So we should be able to handle this game. Especially now that Stroud has put half a season on tape, Lou should have plenty of information to go off of.

The pessimist in me thinks this could be a trap game because of Stroud's breakout performance last week against a good defense in Tampa Bay, but I'm going to trust Lou and Joe and say we win

Bengals 27
Texans 21
Reply/Quote
I love this post from a Texans board. They aren't actually talking about the game yet. They were busy evaluating the Texans playoff chances

Quote:JB said:
My bad, I thought you were talking the Bengals schedule since I thought that's who we were talking about. You posted the Jags schedule. The 'kitties' threw me off
Just saw this, after I posted about the Bengals playing the Bengals.

Jags are kitties, Bengals are full grown mfers

Bengals opened as 8 point favorites.  Chase injury report dropped the spread to 7

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
30 - 20 Bengals
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 11:01 AM)pally Wrote: I love this post from a Texans board.  They aren't actually talking about the game yet.  They were busy evaluating the Texans playoff chances

Bengals opened as 8 point favorites.  Chase injury report dropped the spread to 7

What forum is that from? All the Texans forums I've found have been fairly inactive.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 11:10 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What forum is that from? All the Texans forums I've found have been fairly inactive.

https://www.texanstalk.com/forums/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I posted this in the other CJ Stroud thread:

Quote:Well, let's see, the Texans have only faced 3 good teams so far and lost 2 of them (they beat the Jaguars in impressive fashion). They lost to both the Dolphins and the Ravens and in both games failed to score a TD and only scored 3 points against the Fins.

Not to take away anything from Stroud because dude does look legit (has a few game winning drives already), however, it does look like the Texans are in the mediocre range where they beat the bad teams (except the Panthers lol) and lose to the good teams (Jags game notwithstanding).

I'm not saying this is an easy win, but we are a good team so as long as we do our thing, we should win.

Since the Titans game, the Bengals have scored 24 or more points in 3 out of the 4 games since with 2 of those scores being over 30. In that same time span, the Bengals defense hasn't given up more than 20 points.

I think CJ throws at least 1 more INT this week (to CTB naturally) but will still look pretty good moving the ball, just not able to get into the redzone/endzone with any consistency with Lou doing his thang. Bengals win comfortably 31-13
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 11:20 AM)pally Wrote: https://www.texanstalk.com/forums/

Thanks! I was looking for a thread about the Bengals and skipped right past their generic "playoffs" thread haha.

It looks like their fans have fairly realistic expectations for their team. The general sentiment seems to be "We probably won't beat the Bengals, but could you IMAGINE if we did?" which is how we were in 2021, so it's funny to kind of walk down memory lane with that forum.
Reply/Quote
Why do some of you think this is a trap game?

Texas is still in the playoff hunt and coming off a game where their QB had 470 passing yards and 5tds.

This is NOT a trap game. Texas can win this and the Bengals have to be taking every game as if it's a playoff game at the moment given they are last in their division despite being 5-3.

There are no trap games on the schedule at the moment.

Having said that I think the Bengals D handles the rookie QB easily and Bengals win by 2 scores.
Reply/Quote
They're gonna whip us good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bengals - 27
Texans - 16

Bengals keep on keeping on..
Reply/Quote
33-10 bengals

The days of rookie QBs and no name backups surprising us are gone. If our defense plays like it has been, they’ll make this rookie look like an actual rookie.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
DK has the line down to -6.5 as of this morning..

With Bengals still in last place and needing wins I can't imagine they will overlook the Texans. Also thank God the rookie QB had his breakout game last week. Gotta come back down to earth now in the jungle you'd think.

27-13 Bengals W
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I am a little curious as to why people keep saying "trap game". The Texans are 4-4....they aren't 0-8. I think C.J. is a pretty decent passer. He is not really a runner though, which should help our D keep him in check. Predicting a 24-23 loss, so hopefully I keep my being wrong streak intact.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 01:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: 33-10 bengals

The days of rookie QBs and no name backups surprising us are gone. If our defense plays like it has been, they’ll make this rookie look like an actual rookie.

Agree.

Anarumo having some extensive NFL game tape on Stroud makes being surprised unlikely.

I’m thinking this is a continuation of Burrow feeling better every week.

The question becomes, who’lol have the next break out game? Irv Smith had his against the Bills.

I think it’s going to be Iosivas and Trenton Irvin’s turn….in big chunks! Hendrickson and Reader are going to feast on the other side of the ball! Chido finally reminds us of why he’s so good!

Bengals 34
Texans 13
Reply/Quote
They don’t have the pass rush or the corners to stop us

Were scoring high 30s low 40s

Stroud is also gonna throw a pick
-Housh
Reply/Quote