Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tez on Refs: "They obviously have it out for me"
I said back when he executed the Green Bay Ball Tap and made the refs look bad on national tv that they would remember it and he will pay for it for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Gotta admit that Burfict can be clever, just not on that play Monday night.

The ball tap right in front of the ref, who was oblivious, is just classic Burfict. I keep wondering how many 15 yard flags we've gotten because of this video.

[Image: 190z0zx98v66pgif.gif]

How have I never seen this!? Just incredible. Tez is such a talent, but such a scumbag on the field. I wonder what he's like off the field, for real.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
"Just keep playing football."

That's fine when they're not blowing the damn whistles and you're in bounds.

Otherwise... stop with the excuses man.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I couldn't watch the game so I can't comment on this particular play but it does seem like the NFL will target some players. Regardless of who or what you're talking about each play should be fairly judged individually. Meaning it doesn't matter if the player has a bad rep or not a legal play is legal the refs shouldn't be looking at names or numbers or have an eye on a particular guy over the play in general.

That's the only way for it to be unbiased. Maybe Burfict plays dirty on the field but then the play should do all the talking not someone's rep.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure looked like it to me. But he has knew this for awhile now.

At that time of the game he needs to be extremely careful.

(12-29-2015, 08:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I lost all respect for him after reading his comments.  There were multiple whistles before he shoved him down out of bounds, but he wants to say "they have it in for me" instead of admitting his guilt.  

This is the same dumb shit excuse James Harrison had when he kept getting flagged and fined for head shots.

Quit being a dumb ass making dirty plays and you won't get flagged for it!

Even the "experts" on NFL Total Access were saying it was a bogus call, and I agree that he needs to watch it because he'll get a lot shorter of a rope, but that's a horse shit call to make in overtime with the game on the line.

The refs need to control the game and make sure it's played properly, but they shouldn't make a call like that to win or lose a game for a team.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even the "experts" on NFL Total Access were saying it was a bogus call, and I agree that he needs to watch it because he'll get a lot shorter of a rope, but that's a horse shit call to make in overtime with the game on the line.

The refs need to control the game and make sure it's played properly, but they shouldn't make a call like that to win or lose a game for a team.

Agree 100% especially the personal foul penalties. Unless it's a blatant foul, let the teams decide it without the controversy.

NHL is a great example. In the playoffs if it goes to OT they have a full 20 minute period sudden death and another and so on until someone scores. You very rarely see a penalty called unless its blatantly bad so the game can be decided 5 on 5 instead of a team possibly winning on a power play and creating controversy.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:37 PM)Utts Wrote: How have I never seen this!? Just incredible. Tez is such a talent, but such a scumbag on the field. I wonder what he's like off the field, for real.

I've always wondered the same thing about a lot of pro athletes, especially Bengals players. 

Only NFL players I've seen in person are Joe Thomas (twice) & Josh Cribbs (twice while he was still on the Browns). 

WHY DO I LIVE IN CLEVELAND!?!??!!  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It is so funny how they say people are dirty players now on ESPN, CBS, ..... etc , yet they glorify all of the old players, especially the old steel curtain players. I believe Burfict earns these flags to some degree but at the same time that was a chicken shit call at the end of a playoff like game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:37 PM)Utts Wrote: How have I never seen this!? Just incredible. Tez is such a talent, but such a scumbag on the field. I wonder what he's like off the field, for real.

Not sure how you missed it either. After Burfict flopped, the ref threw the flag for UC on the Packers player that shoved him. The refs took quite a bit of heat over that one and were embarrassed on national tv, and naturally have had it out for him every since.
Reply/Quote
I normally would say players should just shut their mouths one these type of things, but Burfict has somewhat of a point. Rewatching that play the ref clearly looked at his jersey before pulling the trigger on the flag. Which can raise the question what if it were another player, would the flag been thrown?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I normally would say players should just shut their mouths one these type of things, but Burfict has somewhat of a point. Rewatching that play the ref clearly looked at his jersey before pulling the trigger on the flag. Which can raise the question what if it were another player, would the flag been thrown?

If Burfict knows this, then he knows he needs to be more careful with his extracurriculars.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 12:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: If Burfict knows this, then he knows he needs to be more careful with his extracurriculars.

Call the flag total bs, call out the officials for unfairly targeting you, and then make a statement that shows you've learned nothing and fully intend to continue doing the same thing?  You got it! ThumbsUp

Even if I agreed 137% with Burfict on this one, I'd have to admit he isn't exactly choosing a wise battle to fight. He's a grand player, and you probably can't change who he is BUT his individual tendencies are starting to have team-wide implications. Stay tuned!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is like James Harrison. His number is going to get flagged if they see something. He needs to think more. There are times when he needs to send a message...there are times (like Monday), he needs to restrain himself. That 15-yards was huge.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a dirty player. That is a fact. So when there are borderline calls, he should not expect them to go his way. He gained a reputation through his actions and now he's dealing with the consequences. He should blame himself rather than the refs.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really like the fire Burfict provides to the defense, but come on. Of course the refs are going to eye you. You're a dirty player who doesn't play for the Steelers or Patriots. Calls are not going to go your way.

Lol so true 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 08:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Gotta admit that Burfict can be clever, just not on that play Monday night.

The ball tap right in front of the ref, who was oblivious, is just classic Burfict. I keep wondering how many 15 yard flags we've gotten because of this video.

[Image: 190z0zx98v66pgif.gif]

This is just old-school gamesmanship, stuff that happened on a regular basis back in the 50's thru 70's especially. Right/wrong/indifferent, it got under the opponents skin w/o really hurting anybody. More shenanigan-like than "dirty football". What it does to some weaker-minded players is rile them up to the point where they want to actually hurt somebody in retaliation.

Since then there's been a watchdog for just about every action, and technology has cameras from every angle that records it now. Burfict should be smart enough to know this, act accordingly, and put his team first. With his talent, playing excellent football within the rules will definitely be good enough.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Actually, Burfict calling out the refs on this is smart. They are obviously targeting him for personal fouls, and that's not likely to change in the near future. But, with him calling them out publicly, maybe they'll think twice about throwing a BS flag if they think the league is watching due to his allegations.....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:34 PM)Rattler Wrote: Come on Taz, use your head!

(12-29-2015, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to rephrase that

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Even the "experts" on NFL Total Access were saying it was a bogus call, and I agree that he needs to watch it because he'll get a lot shorter of a rope, but that's a horse shit call to make in overtime with the game on the line.

Yeah, i definately agree with you here Brad. The call was horse shit and so was the one in Arizona on Peko...
Reply/Quote
He has undoubtedly earned some of those penalties in the past but that call Monday night at that point in the game was total bullshit.
Reply/Quote