Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tez on Refs: "They obviously have it out for me"
(12-30-2015, 05:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: It is so funny how they say people are dirty players now on ESPN, CBS, ..... etc , yet they glorify all of the old players, especially the old steel curtain players. I believe Burfict earns these flags to some degree but at the same time that was a chicken shit call at the end of a playoff like game.

Exactly, Burfict plays just like all the "Great players of old."

But in today's NFL he is a "dirty player."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:44 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: It is so funny how they say people are dirty players now on ESPN, CBS, ..... etc , yet they glorify all of the old players, especially the old steel curtain players. I believe Burfict earns these flags to some degree but at the same time that was a chicken shit call at the end of a playoff like game.

[Image: 11697910-mmmain.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 03:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 11697910-mmmain.jpg]

Is he kicking 3 people in the crotch at the same time?  I'm impressed!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 03:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: 11697910-mmmain.jpg]

Mean Joe Greene was the best ever and my favorite player of all time!!!  Even though I am a Bengals fan, Mean Joe was just awesome.  Players could definitely get away with a lot more than what they can now.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to rephrase that

LOL!!  
Reply/Quote
I didn't read any of the comments or anything on this thread but want to say that that call was NOT BS

Burfict was stupid. It was the borderline for personal foul.. it could have been overlooked, but cmon Burfict, you know the refs are looking for anything and everything on you.

Love Burfict, but its too often that his penalties hurt us.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:30 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Mean Joe Greene was the best ever and my favorite player of all time!!!  Even though I am a Bengals fan, Mean Joe was just awesome. 

Mellow
Reply/Quote
I'm a big fan of Burfict, but he's turning out to be exactly what helped lower his draft status. He drew a lot of PF calls in college. That was a legit call and it's no surprise. He does too much dumb shit. There's no need for the ankle twisting, ball tapping, and all of the other idiotic extracurricular things he does. He has earned the reputation he has and he will continue to draw flags both deserved and undeserved.

He can still play with the same intensity and bring the same attitude while playing smart. Drawing personal fouls are not smart and do absolutely nothing to help the team. I find it funny that people want to reference the 70's and compare what's "dirty". The game and the League have changed. Burfict is most definitely a dirty player.

I'm a fan of his play and what he brings to the table, but he has to wisen up and mature as a player.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, Burfict plays just like all the "Great players of old."

But in today's NFL he is a "dirty "
He also plays for the wrong team. On the Steelers or Patriots he'd be cast as a hero. The guy doesn't even hit as hard as he could on a lot of plays. The media or whoever just can't handle that he's that good.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I didn't read any of the comments or anything on this thread but want to say that that call was NOT BS

Burfict was stupid. It was the borderline for personal foul.. it could have been overlooked, but cmon Burfict, you know the refs are looking for anything and everything on you.

Love Burfict, but its too often that his penalties hurt us.

I agree.  I just re-watched the condensed game all the way through.

Burfict needs to get his head out of his rear.

That play really hurt the team.  He's deflecting.

When you do that and the whole sideline erupts while the ref is standing in front of you...  WTF ?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: This is just old-school gamesmanship, stuff that happened on a regular basis back in the 50's thru 70's especially. Right/wrong/indifferent, it got under the opponents skin w/o really hurting anybody. More shenanigan-like than "dirty football". What it does to some weaker-minded players is rile them up to the point where they want to actually hurt somebody in retaliation.

Since then there's been a watchdog for just about every action, and technology has cameras from every angle that records it now. Burfict should be smart enough to know this, act accordingly, and put his team first. With his talent, playing excellent football within the rules will definitely be good enough.

Absolutely! It's one of those things that players use to be able to get away with regularly. Today it's going to be discovered and published.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “The refs, they obviously have it out for me, but you can’t call a bulls--- flag like that at the end of the game,” Burfict said. “He looked at my number and then threw it.”

“The refs were late to blow whistles all night, and they threw the flag late,” Burfict said. "Once the dude [Green] flopped, the ref looked at me and seen it was my number and then threw the flag. I can’t control that. Just keep playing football.”

-SI.com

He's 100% accurate, and here is another 100% accurate statement:

You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

I'm not complaining about Vontaze, as I think he is the best player on our defense.  I would just like to see him mature a bit more to where we don't see things like the Olsen ankle twist any more.

Against the steelers?  All bets are off.  Fight fire with fire.  People will kill me for that statement, but guys like Mike Mitchell are deliberate head hunters.   Ignoring that behavior, like Roger Goodell and his assbag cronies do, won't stop it.  Retaliating will result in his teammates getting injured and then maybe someone will realize that they aren't winning in the end by doing that crap.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:34 PM)Rattler Wrote: If you act like a effin' stooler thug and put yourself in the position to draw a stupid flag, you'll draw a stupid flag.

Come on Taz, use your head!

Only problem with this statement is stooler thug doesn't draw a flag.

With drool hanging out of the corner of their mouth:   "that's just futbowl, you don lake it go pulay succer!"
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 01:10 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I couldn't watch the game so I can't comment on this particular play but it does seem like the NFL will target some players. Regardless of who or what you're talking about each play should be fairly judged individually. Meaning it doesn't matter if the player has a bad rep or not a legal play is legal the refs shouldn't be looking at names or numbers or have an eye on a particular guy over the play in general.

That's the only way for it to be unbiased. Maybe Burfict plays dirty on the field but then the play should do all the talking not someone's rep.

Now, I have to admit, I was as big a flip-flopper as a politician when James Harrison came to the Bengals.  I love that guy's intensity.  But last week, against the Ratbirds, he went in low (and had no one on him) and drilled Mallet in the knees.  I think Mallet's height saved him, meaning the hit actually hit him in the shins.  The Rats were winning, and you could sense the growing confidence, and that hit was as deliberate a shot as I have ever seen in the NFL.  1000 times worse than what Burfict got on whineyburger.  I think there was a flag, and Mallet was limping, but played the rest of the game...and actually played very well.  

No articles about the hit.  No fines.  No big deal.  Why?  Because it was Mallet as the fourth string QB on a 4 win team.

That bias is what I hate most about the NFL.  Marvin Jones was blatantly held early in the game...no flag.  If that was OBJ, Antonio Brown, or ANY patriot, you wouldn't be able to see any green on the field.  Flags would be everywhere.  

Until the league starts addressing these actions ACROSS THE BOARD, they will not stop.  And yes, Bellicheat, I am talking to you and your scumbucket crack-back offense.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 11:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now, I have to admit, I was as big a flip-flopper as a politician when James Harrison came to the Bengals.  I love that guy's intensity.  But last week, against the Ratbirds, he went in low (and had no one on him) and drilled Mallet in the knees.  I think Mallet's height saved him, meaning the hit actually hit him in the shins.  The Rats were winning, and you could sense the growing confidence, and that hit was as deliberate a shot as I have ever seen in the NFL.  1000 times worse than what Burfict got on whineyburger.  I think there was a flag, and Mallet was limping, but played the rest of the game...and actually played very well.  

No articles about the hit.  No fines.  No big deal.  Why?  Because it was Mallet as the fourth string QB on a 4 win team.

That bias is what I hate most about the NFL.  Marvin Jones was blatantly held early in the game...no flag.  If that was OBJ, Antonio Brown, or ANY patriot, you wouldn't be able to see any green on the field.  Flags would be everywhere.  

Until the league starts addressing these actions ACROSS THE BOARD, they will not stop.  And yes, Bellicheat, I am talking to you and your scumbucket crack-back offense.  

Lol, I am sure Bellicheat is aware of your post. Tongue
Reply/Quote
While I agree with him to a point, he has to realize that he brought this on himself by letting his emotions overtake him, both him and jones have that same issue and it has cost the bengals a few times. love the way both play but they need to be smarter.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the refs were pretty awful all around, but the biggest awfulness came in favor for the Bengals (this is coming from a Bengals fan).

When they set the ball and the Bengals lined up for the next snap before then FINALLY calling a penalty for a facemask? Yeah, that's BS. If that happened to the Bengals rather than for the Bengals, I would have been enraged, so it was awful. Then combine that with the McCarron fumble challenge (that should have been ruled a fumble, but was ruled an inomplete pass) was also awful. It was a fumble, even though I was hella happy that it wasn't ruled as such, even though it became meaningless when he fumbled it again anyway.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly, the refs were pretty awful all around, but the biggest awfulness came in favor for the Bengals (this is coming from a Bengals fan).

When they set the ball and the Bengals lined up for the next snap before then FINALLY calling a penalty for a facemask? Yeah, that's BS. If that happened to the Bengals rather than for the Bengals, I would have been enraged, so it was awful. Then combine that with the McCarron fumble challenge (that should have been ruled a fumble, but was ruled an inomplete pass) was also awful. It was a fumble, even though I was hella happy that it wasn't ruled as such, even though it became meaningless when he fumbled it again anyway.

What about the Dre K tripping no call that was plain as day in full view.

I remember watching it in real time and thought it was going to get called.

After watching the game again I don't know how it didn't.

Maybe the rule is more specific than I thought.  He did grab the WR first.

Watch the 17:50 mark.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXg9vaH2aw&feature=player_embedded
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 12:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What about the Dre K tripping no call that was plain as day in full view.

I remember watching it in real time and thought it was going to get called.

After watching the game again I don't know how it didn't.

Maybe the rule is more specific than I thought.  He did grab the WR first.

Watch the 17:50 mark.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxXg9vaH2aw&feature=player_embedded

Actually didn't catch that when I watched the game. I think it probably straddled the line between okay and not okay, which if they can't prove intent, is good for Kirkpatrick. Didn't even see that until just now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 01:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually didn't catch that when I watched the game. I think it probably straddled the line between okay and not okay, which if they can't prove intent, is good for Kirkpatrick. Didn't even see that until just now.

It probably would have been declined anyway.

I think it's a 10 yards and a first down penalty.

Since the play was longer than 10 yards and resulted in a 1st down.

It just looked funny to me when he basically tripped the WR up with his feet while lying on the ground.
Reply/Quote