Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thank You Bengals Board Community!
Our message board has become sort of unique, in that it's really the last true Bengals message board still thriving.

I was doing some looking around recently and noticed that the Bengals message board landscape is almost nonexistent outside of ours. Bengals Jungle shut down. Bengalszone is all but dead. Go-Bengals is a ghost town kept alive by a couple dozen members.

This isn't meant to be bragging or anything like that, but to point out how the message board format has had a tough time surviving in the age of social media. Things have gone the way of Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or blog formats like SBNation (Cincy Jungle). There have been a number of pro teams dump their 'official forums' in favor of social media...the Bengals being one of them. 

It makes me really grateful that our site has survived and is still going pretty strong, and that Bengals fans in particular still have a true message board format as a viable option to social media interaction. I think it says a lot about this community and the dedication of our members...and the thousands of guest users we get each week that aren't members but follow us on a regular basis.

I can't even imagine having to depend on social media sites for discussing the Bengals, and other topics as well. I know some people prefer that atmosphere and like the craziness that comes with it, but I'm much more comfortable in this setup. 

So, just wanted to thank everyone here for making sure that we still have an enjoyable place to hang out online as Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote
I need to post more often. Life just got super busy the last year.
Reply/Quote
We got the best community no doubt Tiger
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anything we can do to help, just let us know :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anything we can do to help, just let us know :)

Just keep coming back! LOL
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anything we can do to help, just let us know :)

Hey Truck! How’s life buddy?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:44 PM)treee Wrote: We got the best community no doubt Tiger

Hey Tree long time no see. How’s life treating ya?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just keep coming back! LOL

I hope we have football this fall. I’ll be devastated without.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:54 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope we have football this fall. I’ll be devastated without.

Same brother. Gonna be a strange fall/winter if there's no football. I'll have to find new reasons to get drunk on Sundays.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Same brother. Gonna be a strange fall/winter if there's no football. I'll have to find new reasons to get drunk on Sundays.  Mellow

I don’t know what I’ll do without it. That’s all I do every Fall.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:54 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope we have football this fall. I’ll be devastated without.

Could really hurt the board too. Still going very strong but over a year without football would be hard on a football message board. Even one with as strong a community as this.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm just old, but the idea of a "community" on social media is foreign to me. Then again, I don't get social media in general so there's that.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just keep coming back! LOL

No longer going anywhere Wink

(07-13-2020, 04:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Truck! How’s life buddy?

Not bad, PB! And yourself? :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We've got a really good thing here with a lot of good posters. I believe one thing that helps us is we have a bunch of lets just say "older" posters. And I would venture to say they're like me and not all that into social media.

Thank you Holic for keeping us up and running, all you mods too. I'd be lost without this board on Bengals news. There a month or so ago when we had those couple days of issues I was developing withdraw symptoms. Hilarious

Here's to 10 more years of bengalsboard Cheers
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:25 PM)Earendil Wrote: Maybe I'm just old, but the idea of a "community" on social media is foreign to me.  Then again, I don't get social media in general so there's that.

Yep. I've tried to have discussions on Twitter, but it's just not the same. 
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:03 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I don’t know what I’ll do without it. That’s all I do every Fall.

Me 2 !

I'd say at a minimum we're in for a different season. I'm just hoping it's not that much different.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Tree long time no see. How’s life treating ya?

Pretty good pb. Glad too see ya! I agree no football this year would be real rough.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Same brother. Gonna be a strange fall/winter if there's no football. I'll have to find new reasons to get drunk on Sundays.  Mellow

Jesus made wine out of water. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me.

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Could really hurt the board too. Still going very strong but over a year without football would be hard on a football message board. Even one with as strong a community as this.

I think our strength is our diversity in forums. It's a football site yes, but everything else is still welcomed somewhere. If you don't find the right place, you just dump it in Klotsch. 

Reply/Quote
Social media can suck my big fat... (insert whatever is socially correct these days and not offensive). I deleted my Facebook account a few years ago due to all the privacy bullshit as well as all the other crap. I don't miss it one bit. For the people I actually like to keep in touch with we just text, call and share pictures over the phone or email. Twitter from what I have seen is just an echo chamber for people that like to be heard but not listen. Reddit, maybe I'm old but it is hard to track conversations the way posts are nested.

It's good to have a place here in an easy to read format to talk Bengals as well as other stuff.

Rock On

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote