Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thanks BLM
(08-04-2016, 03:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Does being factually inaccurate matter to you?

(08-04-2016, 03:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course it does, I'm not a defense attorney.

So you let the baby puncher go free.

Got it.
(08-04-2016, 03:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you claimed a guy punched a baby 7 times but he proved he only punched the baby 6 times would you let him go free?

Does being factually inaccurate matter to you?

Fact is he still punched the baby. Chances are he is not going to go free...unless the defense attorney demonstrates to the jury how the baby's actions and the way it dressed suggested the baby was asking for it.
(08-04-2016, 03:43 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Are you implying that Fred is Al Pachino ?
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Maybe Fred is Scarlett Johansson?    Ninja
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-05-2016, 11:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: Fact is he still punched the baby.

Fact is that my original point was valid even if it is only 94% instead of 99%.
(08-05-2016, 12:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Maybe Fred is Scarlett Johansson?    Ninja
There's a plethora of things I've thought of for a response, but I would leave myself far too open for ridicule.
That and I'm scared Fred might actually go through with anything I'd suggest.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(08-05-2016, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fact is that my original point was valid even if it is only 94% instead of 99%.

Got it.  That being the case I'm going to up the APR on all your credit and loans by 5%.  5% is no big deal right?  

Freddy is a 5%'er.
(08-05-2016, 02:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Got it.  That being the case I'm going to up the APR on all your credit and loans by 5%.  5% is no big deal right?  

Freddy is a 5%'er.

My mortgage is only about 4%.  So if you raise it by 5% that will only make it 4.2%.  Not really much of a difference at all when you look at historic rates.

If I said mortgage rates of 4% are near historic lows would it change my point if the rate was actually 4.2%?  No it would not.  Just like the fact that 94% are plead instead of 99% does not change my point at all.
Figured this could go here as well as anywhere and being it wasn't about Trump I didn't think it needed its own new thread:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article93938557.html

This is one of the more ridiculous that I have seen. Lady gets stopped, gets out of car to approach the police vehicle, doesn't follow officer's commands and "she's scared". So she picks up her phone and dials 911 instead of complying with the officer, while the officer patiently waits. Yet somehow the Officer did something wrong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-07-2016, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this could go here as well as anywhere and being it wasn't about Trump I didn't think it needed its own new thread:
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article93938557.html

This is one of the more ridiculous that I have seen. Lady gets stopped, gets out of car to approach the police vehicle, doesn't follow officer's commands and "she's scared". So she picks up her phone and dials 911 instead of complying with the officer, while the officer patiently waits. Yet somehow the Officer did something wrong.

This kind of crap will continue until the inevitable snap back.  
(08-07-2016, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This kind of crap will continue until the inevitable snap back.  

Which will be what?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-07-2016, 12:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which will be what?

Who knows?  History is replete with action and counter-action.  The hyperbole machine is in full bullshit mode on this issue.  It can't last indefinitely and something else will take its place. 
Quote:The newspaper described how the situation escalated after White was stopped:

White then tells the dispatcher she is being “harassed.” At that point, according to the combined audio and video, the officer grabs her and tries to pin her arms behind her back, unleashing a minutes-long struggle with White screaming for him to stop.

“I was shocked. I was absolutely shocked,” Zack Fertitta, an attorney who is handling White’s case pro bono, told The Washington Post on Thursday. “This is a clear violation.”

The officer, identified in records as Gentian Luca, is a three-year member of the force, according to the Metro Police Department. Fertitta said there was no reason for Luca to arrest White, who reportedly was stopped for crossing a double white line while driving.

“He’s the one that caused the confrontation and then he claims resisting arrest,” Fertitta said. “Yes, she did get out of her vehicle, which I would advise against anybody ever doing. However, it’s not a crime to get out of your vehicle at a traffic stop.

“It’s not as if she was on a roadside. She was in a parking lot. She had her hands clearly visible. There was nothing in her hands. There was no danger for this officer. And she immediately got back in her car.”

White spent two days in jail on a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest and was released on a $1,000 bail.

Less than a week after the traffic stop, White, of Houston, filed a formal complaint with Metro Police, alleging several counts of misconduct against Luca.

In the complaint, White said Luca “used excessive force, was rude and disrespectful when talking to her, threatened her with ‘I will Tazer your ass,’ “ and then arrested her “for no reason.”

White further alleged Luca had pulled her hair and wrestled her onto the car, causing her neck soreness and severe migraines afterward.

Over several weeks, an internal investigation reviewed all surveillance video, as well as written statements from four other law enforcement officials who arrived at the scene after White was taken into custody. On May 13, Metro police issued findings from its investigation and cleared Luca of all alleged violations.

James Douglas, president of the Houston NAACP, watched an edited version of the video and told the Chronicle that the officer was within his rights to ask White to get back in her car.

However, Douglas said, the officer started off on the wrong foot if he immediately threatened to use a stun-gun to get her to comply.

“He got impatient,” Douglas told the Chronicle. “This is obviously a police officer who needs some training on how to de-escalate a
situation. And I would think it would be especially important in today’s climate.”

During Luca’s three years as a Metro Police officer, he has never been disciplined, suspended or put on probation, department spokesman Jerome Gray said. Luca was not placed on leave during the investigation and remains on duty with Metro Police, according to Gray.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article93938557.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting.
(08-07-2016, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who knows?  History is replete with action and counter-action.  The hyperbole machine is in full bullshit mode on this issue.  It can't last indefinitely and something else will take its place. 

Well, that's clear as mud. Thanks.
(08-07-2016, 01:03 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, that's clear as mud. Thanks.

Yeah, you tried and bait me into saying something you could tap dance over.  You didn't get it so you responded in typically petulant fashion.  My statement is perfectly clear to anyone reading it with an intent other than to start crap.
(08-07-2016, 12:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who knows?  History is replete with action and counter-action.  The hyperbole machine is in full bullshit mode on this issue.  It can't last indefinitely and something else will take its place. 

I agree. For instance in this case, the officer was very patient and calm given the fact that the person stopped exited her vehicle and advanced toward the Police car. He further waited patiently as she talked on her cell phone and refused to follow his instructions. Yet the Lawyer and the NAACP say the officer lost patience and needs retraining on how to de-escalate.

It is obvious I do not have the mentality to be a LEO (at least one in today's society). The person would have had about 1 chance to get back in the car, hang up her phone, and follow my instructions She made not have made it past approaching my vehicle without being placed under control. I guarantee i would not have been as patient as this LEO. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-07-2016, 01:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, you tried and bait me into saying something you could tap dance over.  You didn't get it so you responded in typically petulant fashion.  My statement is perfectly clear to anyone reading it with an intent other than to start crap.

Are you always that paranoid?

You made a vague post...

(08-07-2016, 12:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This kind of crap will continue until the inevitable snap back.  

I thought perhaps you had some idea what might happen as you said "inevitable".

Then you get snippy when I say your answer was vague also.

Take a chill pill dude.
(08-07-2016, 03:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are you always that paranoid?

You made a vague post...

I thought perhaps you had some idea what might happen as you said "inevitable".

Then you get snippy when I say your answer was vague also.

Take a chill pill dude.

There's nothing vague about pointing out the inevitable ebb and flow of societal norms.  It's not a complicated point, how you're so confused about it is slightly concerning.
(08-07-2016, 04:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's nothing vague about pointing out the inevitable ebb and flow of societal norms.  It's not a complicated point, how you're so confused about it is slightly concerning.

So "something" is inevitable, but you just don't know what this "something" is?

Here is my bold prediction.......Something is going to happen.  I 100% guarantee it.
(08-07-2016, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my bold prediction.......Something is going to happen.  I 100% guarantee it.

Like you helping a pedophile walk the streets again?  We all, sadly, agree.
(08-07-2016, 07:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Like you helping a pedophile walk the streets again?  We all, sadly, agree.

So this is what you predict will be the backlash to the BLM movement?

Rolleyes