Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
That block by Chase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrE0Y_sNVkg&ab_channel=HighlightHeaven

That block by Chase, not only sprung Mixon for a huge TD, but it showed his absolute strength. That 23 reps of 225 on the bench does matter for WR's after all.

Damn, I love this kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not only did he pancake the guy, but he ran about 40 yards to do it.

Reply/Quote
And yeah, I mentioned the 23 reps on the bench in another thread. How many WR’s not named DK Metcalf have put up more than that?

Reply/Quote
Mellow
Reply/Quote
Gotta like your deep threat WR laying the wood like that.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite plays of the season. More because of the block than the catch and run.
Reply/Quote
Chase: blocks AND catches

Sewell: ?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Haha was awesome alright
Reply/Quote
I tried to rewind to record it on my phone but I couldn't hit record on my phone fast enough because I kept going past it and I had a babe in my bed with me so I gave up after a few days!

Bang Head

Pervert

Hilarious

I LOVED THE EFFORT and I think it will inspire the team and make other players give the extra effort!

I'd KILL to be in the film room tomorrow for that play just to see all the players go nuts!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrE0Y_sNVkg&ab_channel=HighlightHeaven

That block by Chase, not only sprung Mixon for a huge TD, but it showed his absolute strength.  That 23 reps of 225 on the bench does matter for WR's after all.

Damn, I love this kid.

(10-18-2021, 01:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I LOVED THE EFFORT and I think it will inspire the team and make other players give the extra effort!

I'd KILL to be in the film room tomorrow for that play just to see all the players go nuts!

The one problem I do have with the play is that Mixon just danced in the endzone and didn't acknowledge Chase's block, even though Chase ran up to him.

Maybe he did say thanks on the sideline or at least give him props, but I would have loved to see him turn directly to Chase when he scored.

I think that would have been HUGE for team chemistry.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The one problem I do have with the play is that Mixon just danced in the endzone and didn't acknowledge Chase's block, even though Chase ran up to him.

Maybe he did say thanks on the sideline or at least give him props, but I would have loved to see him turn directly to Chase when he scored.

I don't see where you are getting a problem here, if you actually watch the TD again, yes Mixon did his wee dance but after he stopped Mixon and Chase hugged each other.
I guess some people just try to pick faults where there is none
Reply/Quote
Kid is an absolute WINNER!
Reply/Quote
Friend of mine texted me, "Chase blocks better than Sewell, too!"
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The one problem I do have with the play is that Mixon just danced in the endzone and didn't acknowledge Chase's block, even though Chase ran up to him.

I read somewhere that on the bench Mixon kept shouting “thats ja‘marr’s touchdown so he definitely acknowledged it. Chemistry is good
Reply/Quote
Love that Chase block/

Also saw on I believe our next series Joe Mixon had a big run that looked like it was supposed to go to the left side and he cut it back all the way to the right and there was Tee Higgins totally locked on and driving his feet on the DB.  How many times do you see that?  A lot of WR's give a half hearted effort when the run play is away from them.  Tee didn't and we got a big play.  

Football Players.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:49 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Chase: blocks AND catches

Sewell: ?

Now, THAT was funny.....  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Now, THAT was funny.....  Hilarious

[Image: gsrectqgq3u71.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 08:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: gsrectqgq3u71.jpg]

Outstanding....Needed a "Hold my beer".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Set the new standard for Bengals WR blocks. You know they all saw that and if the #1 WR is putting out that effort, the rest of them better be as well.... love it.
Reply/Quote
More than anything it had to embarrass the safety getting laid out by what amounts to a bull rush from a receiver from across the field. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote