Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2016 NFL Draft Combine Mega Thread
One of the signature events of the off-season process. Measurements are already underway and players hit the field tomorrow. Post any/all combine thoughts here.

Happy with Ryan Kelly: Weight in a solid 311 while standing a legit 6'4" with 33.66" arms. Put up a respectable 26 reps. By comparison the top interior oline prospect in the draft (Whitehair) came in 10 pounds lighter with arms over 1" shorter and put up 10 fewer reps.

Conner McGovern (Missou) put up the most reps at 33 and the kid out of Western Georgia (Robertson) put up 30 reps with 36" arms.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Corey Coleman supposed to be one of the fastest people at the combine is not running. Recovering from sports hernia.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the signature events of the off-season process. Measurements are already underway and players hit the field tomorrow. Post any/all combine thoughts here.

Happy with Ryan Kelly: Weight in a solid 311 while standing a legit 6'4" with 33.66" arms. Put up a respectable 26 reps. By comparison the top interior oline prospect in the draft (Whitehair) came in 10 pounds lighter with arms over 1" shorter and put up 10 fewer reps.

Conner McGovern (Missou) put up the most reps at 33 and the kid out of Western Georgia (Robertson) put up 30 reps with 36" arms.

I have no idea of his playing ability, but 30 reps with 36 inch arms qualifies you as a freak in my book.  I mean, the guy could punch you from down the block.  I know it is the nerd in me, but I love calculating the "Explosiveness Score", which is the # of reps of 225, the vertical height in inches, and the long jump added together.  A score at 70 or above is insane.  
Reply/Quote
I'm at work, fellas. I expect more mega coverage to read...
Reply/Quote
Gotta say I was surprised to see Cody Kessler at only 6'1" tall tied for the biggest hands for QBs at the combine (10 7/8 inches).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wanna see Le'Raven and Deforest high five each other and watch Lucas Oil collapse from the imminent earthquake following it.
Reply/Quote
As expected, Jaylon comes in light from rehabbing.

6'2", 223 lbs.
Reply/Quote
Derrick Henry weighed in at 247 lbs.
He had a 37" vert and 10'10" broad jump.

Throw in a 4.54 forty.
Reply/Quote
Nkemdiche is bombing his media interview.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 03:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Nkemdiche is bombing his media interview.

Somebody on talk radio the other morning was talking about the interview and — basically — that if he did well he'll be a top 5 pick, but if he bombs it bad enough he could be one of the biggest slides this draft. 
Reply/Quote
Zeke Elliott with an impressive 4.46 unofficial 40-time.

Keith Marshall best RB so far with 4.29 unofficial 40-time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 03:45 PM)Benton Wrote: Somebody on talk radio the other morning was talking about the interview and — basically — that if he did well he'll be a top 5 pick, but if he bombs it bad enough he could be one of the biggest slides this draft. 

His raw talent is worthy of a high pick. And I get what he was trying to do, come completely clean, but it just sounds so bad.

So drunk he fell/jumped through a window.
Denied any drug use.
Threw a teammate and potential top 5 pick under the bus.
Admitted he was lazy and didn't work hard. 

Yeah. 3rd round earliest for me now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 03:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: His raw talent is worthy of a high pick. And I get what he was trying to do, come completely clean, but it just sounds so bad.

So drunk he fell/jumped through a window.
Denied any drug use.
Threw a teammate and potential top 5 pick under the bus.
Admitted he was lazy and didn't work hard. 

Yeah. 3rd round earliest for me now. 

Seriously that bad? He'd have to be a basketcase for me not to take him late in the first.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Seriously that bad? He'd have to be a basketcase for me not to take him late in the first.

I think he's qualifying as one. 
On top of the already hot/cold motor plus the interview...too many other DTs without the baggage. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Seriously that bad? He'd have to be a basketcase for me not to take him late in the first.

Hell, Burfict was once considered 1st RD and fell out of the draft. La'el Collins was under investigation and went from 1st Rd product to out drafted. Character goes a long way. 

On the flip side:

NFL Radio interviewed tOSU LB Joshua Perry, Very impressive kid. Kirwan said interview alone will make him go back and relook film

Reply/Quote
People will have Nkemdiche all over the board.

Collins was legitimately questioned in a murder. Not saying that character issues aren't bad, but if you draft him and something happens on the legal side like that, it's an automatic suspension. It's not nearly the same as fighting with teammates or something.
Reply/Quote
I am increasing my love affair with Ryan Kelly. Talk was he wouldn't impress at the combine, but look at the game tape. Kid is actually toward to top of all drills. Bengals call his name in the 1st Rd I am not gonna be mad.

Reply/Quote
Jaylon Smith has ankle and knee nerve damage
Reply/Quote
Yeesh.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Sucks for everyone - most especially him.  Every player's worst nightmare.   A top ten talent getting a serious injury in a bowl game, blowing up his dreams.
Reply/Quote