Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2023 off-season - what do you want to see?
(02-25-2023, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post CJD. Cannot really disagree with anything, just think Logan Wilson is the future at LB and Pratt leaves for big money.

Hopefully in the NFC lol

It is ADG's time IMO. Bailey ain't no punk either and is underrated. Just does what is asked of him. Bettcher has done well with 
our LB's. All for bringing back Ogunjobi, he is over the injury now. Would be awesome if he only gave his best years to us and not
the stealers or stains. Need a 3-tech to collapse the middle of the OL in pass rushing situations. I like BJ Hill but he is a better run 
stopper and not an elite pass rusher, at least not from what we saw last year.

Mazi Smith is an option at 28 if he makes it to us as well.

Also like the idea of adding an older End chasing a ring like the ones you spoke of. Hicks or Houston would be awesome.

Yea, signing Pratt would be fun for like 1 year, but I fear we may regret it after that point haha. But hey, if the market totally rejects him and he can only get 5M AAV, I have no issue bringing him back. It's all about cost at this point for me. We should be fine with ADG and Bailey taking his snaps.

I was hoping so hard that we'd re-sign Ogunjobi after he failed that physical and came back onto the free agent market. Seeing what he signed for in Pittsburgh made me think "Could we not have offered him that?" It's a shame but I'd love to have him back now.

I don't k\now much about Mazi Smith (still working through this draft class), but if he is a good pass rushing DT, there are worse ways to use your 28th overall pick haha.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2023, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post CJD. Cannot really disagree with anything, just think Logan Wilson is the future at LB and Pratt leaves for big money.

Hopefully in the NFC lol

It is ADG's time IMO. Bailey ain't no punk either and is underrated. Just does what is asked of him. Bettcher has done well with 
our LB's. All for bringing back Ogunjobi, he is over the injury now. Would be awesome if he only gave his best years to us and not
the stealers or stains. Need a 3-tech to collapse the middle of the OL in pass rushing situations. I like BJ Hill but he is a better run 
stopper and not an elite pass rusher, at least not from what we saw last year.

Mazi Smith is an option at 28 if he makes it to us as well.

Also like the idea of adding an older End chasing a ring like the ones you spoke of. Hicks or Houston would be awesome.

I like Smith, but IMO he's a Reader clone.  If he's the pick, then DJ's time in Cincinnati is likely short.  I believe either Reader or Hendrickson will leave after the season due to cap issues.  I really like both players, but Trey is the bigger cap hit being the highest paid player on the team at present.  

IMO on defense you have to identify about 3 key culture guys that stay to maintain the standard.  My 3 are Hubbard, Reader, and Hilton, maybe Bell if he re-signs.  The other guys (Hendrickson, Awuzie) will need to be replaced in the next 2 drafts.  
Reply/Quote
My predictions won’t be pleasing. Mixon no change. Collins released at some point. Hurst resigned. Perine resigned. Bell resigned. Burrow and Tee extended. Pratt and Bates gone. OT or TE drafted in round 1 after moving up and swapping with Detroit. Sign a FA tackle for depth on one year deal.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2023, 11:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, signing Pratt would be fun for like 1 year, but I fear we may regret it after that point haha. But hey, if the market totally rejects him and he can only get 5M AAV, I have no issue bringing him back. It's all about cost at this point for me. We should be fine with ADG and Bailey taking his snaps.

I was hoping so hard that we'd re-sign Ogunjobi after he failed that physical and came back onto the free agent market. Seeing what he signed for in Pittsburgh made me think "Could we not have offered him that?" It's a shame but I'd love to have him back now.

I don't k\now much about Mazi Smith (still working through this draft class), but if he is a good pass rushing DT, there are worse ways to use your 28th overall pick haha.

Doubt the market rejects Pratt after the year he just had. He was a top LB last season, even if he was only used as a 2 down LB'er
he CAN play all 3 downs. What is nice is if he leaves, I have really high hopes for ADG, he seems to have gotten over the rawness of 
being from a small college and the NFL looks to have slowed down for him. Has good length in coverage, great range and can tackle
well. Needs to take some of Pratt's game and add it to his own, namely ripping at the ball the way Pratt does.

Wilson, ADG and Bailey make Pratt leaving not much of an issue as long as he doesn't go to a Division rival.

Ogunjobi wasn't healthy early in the season, I could see it when we lost to the stealers in the first game. Now would be the time to
grab him. Mazi Smith can rush the passer and stop the run, he is the definition of a game wrecker. Just hope the stealers don't take 
him right in front of us.

(02-26-2023, 12:25 PM)samhain Wrote: I like Smith, but IMO he's a Reader clone.  If he's the pick, then DJ's time in Cincinnati is likely short.  I believe either Reader or Hendrickson will leave after the season due to cap issues.  I really like both players, but Trey is the bigger cap hit being the highest paid player on the team at present.  

IMO on defense you have to identify about 3 key culture guys that stay to maintain the standard.  My 3 are Hubbard, Reader, and Hilton, maybe Bell if he re-signs.  The other guys (Hendrickson, Awuzie) will need to be replaced in the next 2 drafts.  

A Reader clone doesn't sound like a diss there Samhain lol

Nah, Mazi is a better pass rusher than DJ, quicker and has some moves, doesn't just bully OL like DJ does. Think he adds a different 
aspect than both DJ and BJ. Also don't see either DJ or Trey leaving anytime soon, sure as hell hope not. These are our 2 best players 
as far and the run stopper and the pass rusher and Chido is our best Corner. The D could fall to pieces without these guys.
Reply/Quote