Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread
(09-25-2017, 03:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Jordy Nelson played.
Both tackles played until Bulaga was hurt.
Mike Daniels DID play, didn't he? Overrated anyways.
Clay Matthews played.

Need to try harder, Pistons...

Packers missing six starters vs. Bengals

Inactives:
  • WR Randall Cobb
  • S Kentrell Brice
  • CB Davon House
  • ILB Jake Ryan 
  • OLB Nick Perry
  • T David Bakhtiari
  • DT Mike Daniels

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/09/24/packers-missing-six-starters-vs-bengals/698191001/

And that's not even counting Bulaga getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:30 PM)WildCat Wrote: the answer has and always will be the brown family has a million dollar baby, and will never relinquish it. Prior to 2003 and drafting carson palmer they were threatened by the rest of the NFL owners to either compete or be forced to sell your franchise.

Is this true??? Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They could have had OJ Howard at tight end instead of Ross who's made of glass.

I confess I don't know how Howard is doing this far this season.

2 catches for 29 yards.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals group therapy is now in session...have at it.  Mellow

Just some of my thoughts...

Well, atleast it was a fun game to watch and i really like Bill Lazor and our pass rush.

Hopefully we cannot right this ship and finally get rid of Marv and PA.

I truly believe this team could be one of the best with a good HC and a competent O-line coach.

Lawson and Mixon were both studs yesterday.

It was also nice seeing WJ3 and Dennard making plays.

Weird seeing Willis and Billings switching numbers.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: How can anyone have faith that Marvin can turn this into a contender. I'm talking anyone, players, fans or Mike Brown himself. The team did look better tonight but is that all we should expect? The team has talent, maybe we over estimate it at times but there is talent on this roster. Certainly more than some other teams in the league. Teams that have better records year in and year out.

It's the culture. It can't be fixed with this ownership and coaching decisions.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:31 PM)Derrick Wrote: It's the culture. It can't be fixed with this ownership and coaching decisions.

Well the ownership isn't going to change until MB dies. Who knows if Katie or Troy will be the same or better either.

Atleast if we move on from Marv and PA we might have a chance at a coach who atleast believes in the idea of adjusting
to the other team in the game and maybe get an O-line coach that lets his guys play somewhat aggressive.

In the end the players are who is on the field playing the game and they need to be put in the right situations to succeed.

We have a lot of really good players, never know this could be what they and we all needed.

I am just scared if this team turns this all around and makes the playoffs that MB will keep Marv and PA around.

Could happen with Burfict coming back and finally having an OC that makes defenses unable to predict what is going to
happen from play to play. Bottom line is we need to move on from our weak coaches. This is the only thing that might
save this team from wasting all this talent.
Reply/Quote
My two cents, fire Marin in the bye week and name Paul Alexander interim coach tasked with playing/developing the young players. With Alexander the system could remain the same so the players will not have to relearn a new system. After the season is over offer Josh McDaniel or Scott Lineham the Head Coaching job (Jon Gruden is available but been there, done that). The draft should concentrate heavily on the OL and additional LBs. A top flight TE should also be a priority (Eifert is done). With the youth of the overall team a new Head Coach should be able to implement a new system and mold the team accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:14 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: My two cents, fire Marin in the bye week and name Paul Alexander interim coach tasked with playing/developing the young players. With Alexander the system could remain the same so the players will not have to relearn a new system. After the season is over offer Josh McDaniel or Scott Lineham the Head Coaching job (Jon Gruden is available but been there, done that). The draft should concentrate heavily on the OL and additional LBs. A top flight TE should also be a priority (Eifert is done). With the youth of the overall team a new Head Coach should be able to implement a new system and mold the team accordingly.

Why wait for the bye week? I want him out this week. It's the only chance we have at turning this thing around.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:31 PM)Derrick Wrote: It's the culture. It can't be fixed with this ownership and coaching decisions.

You nailed it. Even when we had good rosters...we botched playoff games.

Now we don't have a good roster and are hoping for it to quickly improve.

We are 4 competent offensive lineman away from having a good offensive line. We don't dip into free agency. Does anyone really think we'll be able to draft 4 starting caliber lineman?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:14 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: My two cents, fire Marin in the bye week and name Paul Alexander interim coach tasked with playing/developing the young players. With Alexander the system could remain the same so the players will not have to relearn a new system. After the season is over offer Josh McDaniel or Scott Lineham the Head Coaching job (Jon Gruden is available but been there, done that). The draft should concentrate heavily on the OL and additional LBs. A top flight TE should also be a priority (Eifert is done). With the youth of the overall team a new Head Coach should be able to implement a new system and mold the team accordingly.

It's going to take the rare coaching staff to come in here and be able to succeed with this management.

Basically the coaches scout and college games go on during the season...so how do we get scouts at all of these college games? The answer: We don't.

We scout workouts after the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You nailed it. Even when we had good rosters...we botched playoff games.

Now we don't have a good roster and are hoping for it to quickly improve.

We are 4 competent offensive lineman away from having a good offensive line. We don't dip into free agency. Does anyone really think we'll be able to draft 4 starting caliber lineman?

You are wrong Pistons, we have a very good roster, our problem is 2 coaches, our HC and O-line coach.

Replace these 2 with competent coaches and draft a Center early.

Easy to fix if done correctly. O-lineman can be coached up by a good O-line coach, just not this one.
Reply/Quote
We didn't some good things out there today.
We just got execute and keep digging.
On to Cleveland

Smug laugh

Classic Marvin

It's a damn curse being a bungles fan. As much as I wish I could say the hell with it I can't do it. Eiffert just needs to hang it up he's never going to play the same again plus Kroft is looking good
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  Unfortunately that means Head Coach Paul Alexander!

They could have given him the job when they hired Marvin and I don't remember him even being mentioned as a candidate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

You had me until you got to PA.  I want him out the door with Marvin.  I should say out the door behind Marvin.  Ain't no door those two are fitting though side by side.  PA is the singular reason the Bengals are where they are.  His judgment put us here.

Oh and, **** the system. The system ain't working. Blow it up first.

Happy ***** Fiftieth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:15 PM)McC Wrote: You had me until you got to PA.  I want him out the door with Marvin.  I should say out the door behind Marvin.  Ain't no door those two are fitting though side by side.  PA is the singular reason the Bengals are where they are.  His judgment put us here.

Oh and, **** the system.  The system ain't working.  Blow it up first.

Happy ***** Fiftieth.

Yeah, no shit.  I'd even like to see Piano Man hit the bricks before Marv.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are wrong Pistons, we have a very good roster, our problem is 2 coaches, our HC and O-line coach.

Replace these 2 with competent coaches and draft a Center early.

Easy to fix if done correctly. O-lineman can be coached up by a good O-line coach, just not this one.

IF you have 4 bad offensive lineman...then you'd don't have a good roster.

We also have issues at TE as Eifert can't play.

So essentially we start 5 backup caliber guys on offense. That's not a 'good roster'.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: 2 catches for 29 yards.

meh - only has something like 3 targets and  caught 66% of them. That and wasn't they smoking the Bears by like halftime?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:52 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: meh - only has something like 3 targets and  caught 66% of them. That and wasn't they smoking the Bears by like halftime?

They rotate Howard with Brate. Brate is their pass catching TE and they've been using Howard mainly as the blocking TE.

O.J. Howard caught his lone target for 12 yards in the Bucs' Week 3 loss to the Vikings.

Howard has drawn even with or out-snapped Cameron Brate in each of the Bucs' first two games, but the rookie has focused on blocking. Howard has no business being rostered in standard-sized leagues. He has two catches through two games.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12161/oj-howard
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you have 4 bad offensive lineman...then you'd don't have a good roster.

We also have issues at TE as Eifert can't play.

So essentially we start 5 backup caliber guys on offense. That's not a 'good roster'.

Why didn't you mention the D  Cool The D is loaded and looks to be getting even better with this last years class. If they are able to get a MLB and Safety, this D could copy the Broncos SB run.

But then I remember we're talking about the Bengals.... Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 12:56 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why didn't you mention the D  Cool The D is loaded and looks to be getting even better with this last years class. If they are able to get a MLB and Safety, this D could copy the Broncos SB run.

But then I remember we're talking about the Bengals.... Ninja

Our front 7 does indeed look strong and should get better with Burfict back.

But an offense starting 5 replacement-caliber starters will derail any teams season. Then, you have to look at how a team that doesn't rely on free agency will upgrade those positions. Our WR's outside of Green have been underwhelming and who knows what we have in Ross?

Dalton likely will never be a SB caliber QB either. There's that. We've seen him with a good line and good WR's...and he's somewhere around the 12-16th best QB in the league.
Reply/Quote