Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Are 0-3 Venting Thread
(09-24-2017, 11:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man that is awesome, don't think I've seen it in person in a decade or so....although I have no idea how someone can be a fan of any AFCN team not named the Steelers but still root for a Pittsburgh team in another sport. The fans are mostly the same and just as unbearable. However I do know lots of browns fans that are pens fans, just can't  wrap my head around it

Yeah, that's a bit strange to me as well. My hate goes too deep for that. I'm a Devils fan myself. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The thing that pisses me off the most is that this team can win a championship with one or two moves but they won't even consider doing them. Also why did we spend so much money on Pacman and Kirkpatrick when it is clear that we don't need either one?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I missed the opening moments did the bengals players protest the anthem?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I missed the opening moments did the bengals players protest the anthem?

I believe they all stood and locked arms, didn't hear about anyone kneeling 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man that is awesome, don't think I've seen it in person in a decade or so....although I have no idea how someone can be a fan of any AFCN team not named the Steelers but still root for a Pittsburgh team in another sport. The fans are mostly the same and just as unbearable. However I do know lots of browns fans that are pens fans, just can't  wrap my head around it

I live about an hour from Pittsburgh. The Penguins are the only hometown team I like.

I do go to a handful of Pirate Games...but I'm mainly a Dodgers fan. I sort of root for the Pirates I guess...if it matters. They're managed just like the Bengals basically so actual championships aren't in their future.
Reply/Quote
At this point, I don't see how the Bengals win more than five games.

I'm confident they'll get at least one win against Cleveland, but not as confident as I have been in previous years that they will sweep them.

The next highest confidence I have in a Bengals win is against either Buffalo or Chicago. However, Buffalo just beat Denver, so my confidence in beating that team is down. Besides, that team thrives on the run game and play action, both of which the Bengals are not great defending against. Chicago just pulled the upset on Pittsburgh and also dominated in the run game. Confidence level against the Bears also down now. But these are probably the most winnable outside of the Browns still.

My confidence level for the Bengals to beat the Colts has always been low assuming Luck came back by late October. It looks like now that Luck will be back by then. However, what I did not expect was Jacoby Brissett making the Colts have a competent offense while Luck's out. But there's still a better chance to beat Indy without Luck than with Luck.

I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that they think the Bengals will win against any other opponent besides having blind faith.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The thing that pisses me off the most is that this team can win a championship with one or two moves but they won't even consider doing them. Also why did we spend so much money on Pacman and Kirkpatrick when it is clear that we don't need either one?

Because if this team's fear to force someone to play who is either a rookie or played very few snaps within their first few years.
And it doesn't help the argument when they finally do give young players the opportunity that performances like Fisher and Ogbuehi happen.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The thing that pisses me off the most is that this team can win a championship with one or two moves but they won't even consider doing them. Also why did we spend so much money on Pacman and Kirkpatrick when it is clear that we don't need either one?

Maybe 3 seasons ago when we were 12-4. Had we signed Alex Mack...yeah we would have been great.

Now we need 4 new lineman and a new starting TE minimum. I could dissect the defense too and make a case that we need a couple new starters there too.

When you only acquire players via the draft...filling 6-7 holes isn't easy.

We're looking at a prolonged rebuild.
Reply/Quote
They just suck I'm starting to get pissed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe 3 seasons ago when we were 12-4. Had we signed Alex Mack...yeah we would have been great.

Now we need 4 new lineman and a new starting TE minimum. I could dissect the defense too and make a case that we need a couple new starters there too.

When you only acquire players via the draft...filling 6-7 holes isn't easy.

We're looking at a prolonged rebuild.

I think Kroft or Uzomah are adequate as long as they aren't one of the top 3 options. Going forward, it should be Green, Mixon, and Ross.
The big thing will be picking up upgrades at least at C and LT. Also likely need an upgrade at RT. Bengals can get away with a serviceable player at RG if LT, C, and RT are upgraded. I actually think Fisher or maybe even Ogbuehi could be a serviceable RG in that situation.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They could have had OJ Howard at tight end instead of Ross who's made of glass.

I confess I don't know how Howard is doing this far this season.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Kroft or Uzomah are adequate as long as they aren't one of the top 3 options. Going forward, it should be Green, Mixon, and Ross.
The big thing will be picking up upgrades at least at C and LT. Also likely need an upgrade at RT. Bengals can get away with a serviceable player at RG if LT, C, and RT are upgraded. I actually think Fisher or maybe even Ogbuehi could be a serviceable RG in that situation.

Ross might be terrible in practice for all we know. They only seem to use him on reverses so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We'll be 1-3, we'll have Burfict back and then the glorious ascent to the top of the AFC North will begin.

There we go fellas... This right here is the spirit.

I hope some of the rest of you deal with the real trials and tribulations and adversity in your lives better than you deal with shit that doesn't really matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross might be terrible in practice for all we know. They only seem to use him on reverses so far.

He could be, but you need to use your first and second round picks to find out. It's too early to demote Ross to being the 4th or 5th option just because he has hardly played through 3 games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I believe they all stood and locked arms, didn't hear about anyone kneeling 

The Locking Arms is a different way they are protesting... I believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He could be, but you need to use your first and second round picks to find out. It's too early to demote Ross to being the 4th or 5th option just because he has hardly played through 3 games.

It disturbs me that Erickson appears to be our 2nd or 3rd option.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It disturbs me that Erickson appears to be our 2nd or 3rd option.

I don't understand what happened to Boyd I saw him on one play. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It disturbs me that Erickson appears to be our 2nd or 3rd option.

It does me too. I have to imagine it's because he's remained pretty healthy and other teams haven't really factored him into the plans so perhaps he either gets better matchups compared to LaFell and Boyd or teams just haven't considered him in their defensive plans. He's not a good option to build around IMO.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It reminds me of when Jeff Query had a big receiving role here.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 09:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We didn't exactly lose to a strong Packers team. They were without a Pro Bowl WR. Their Tackles. Their best DT. Their best pass rushing LB.

And we lost.

The whole organization is a loser.

Jordy Nelson played.
Both tackles played until Bulaga was hurt.
Mike Daniels DID play, didn't he? Overrated anyways.
Clay Matthews played.

Need to try harder, Pistons...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote